Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air Force)

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Mr. Crusher

Re: Radom Air Show 2018 (100th Anniversary of Polish Air For

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Today update:

- Czech Gripen confirmed
- JF-17 will be based at Dęblin
- show starts at 9 am both days
- on Saturday ends at 7 pm, on Sunday at 6 pm (it looks like information about 12-hours show is out of date)
- Polish Aero Club will also participate

Edit:

The Flying Bulls

+ North American B-25J „Mitchell“
+ P-38 „Lightning“
+ F4U „Corsair“
+ T-28B „Trojan“
+ Alpha Jet
+ Bo-105

reineves

Post by reineves »

Hello, I sent my request for spotters pack 7 days ago and I still have not received confirmation. Is it taking too long for you? Thanks.

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

Jakub.Zurek wrote:
capercaillie wrote:But its incomparable when you don't have the static line up and a show that faces into the sun all day.

Great show still. :biggrin:

You could always go outside the showground where the sun is behind your back and the flying is much closer. The show's official website even has a link to an article about best places to view the show from outside.

Could someone be so kind and provide this link as I seem to be unable to find it -thanks! Really tempted to go, because of the photo ops from outside...

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Everything about spotting in Radom is here: http://www.hesja.pl/teksciwo,346,air-show-radom.html :)

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

p2philip wrote:Could someone be so kind and provide this link as I seem to be unable to find it -thanks! Really tempted to go, because of the photo ops from outside...

In short, ulica (street) Skaryszewska.

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

Thanks guys, I was just worried that the street might get closed this year due to stricter security standards at airshows in general....but seems like that fear is for no reason!?

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

p2philip wrote:Thanks guys, I was just worried that the street might get closed this year due to stricter security standards at airshows in general....but seems like that fear is for no reason!?

Each country has their own set of rules, and clearly Poland isn't as strict as the UK and encourages by sharing that link on their website.

The road shuts to cars at some point in the morning, but you can park there in a farmer's field AFAIK.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Yes, Skaryszewska street is closed on Saturday and Sunday but only to cars, you can easily get there by bus or on foot. If you travel by car you have to be there in the morning before the road shuts or choose this route: http://www.google.pl/maps/dir/51.382260 ... authuser=0

Important information for spotters:

Remember that 20th July 3 p.m. is a deadline to apply for press or spotters accreditations! All infomation regarding press passes can be found on our website in the FOR MEDIA tab.

p2philip

Post by p2philip »

Thank you one more time for the answers, very helpful as I am not familiar with Polish regulations. I‘ll try to be there early to be able to enter the street by car :-)

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

It's me again.

Official car parks map:

http://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t ... e=5BC5A92B

Public transport:

http://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t ... e=5BDF1010

@reineves, as you see there will be campsite in Rajec Poduchowny :) It's located about 5 kilometers from the entrance, bus line 26 will ride there.

reineves

Post by reineves »

Mr. Crusher wrote:It's me again.

@reineves, as you see there will be campsite in Rajec Poduchowny :) It's located about 5 kilometers from the entrance, bus line 26 will ride there.

Thank you!

One more question ... is confirmation of accreditation long enough? I asked for 9 days and nothing yet (spotters and press)

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

I think verification process will begin tomorrow when all applications will be sent so you should receive an e-mail in a few days (but I'm not sure about it).

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Hi,

Sorry to bother you with this but does somebody know anything about the campsite ? It’s on the map but I’m unable to find any website or phone number, do you know something more about how to book and the exact location ?
As all hotels are full now, you answers will be highly appreciated :worship:

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

I think this is it: http://facebook.com/zhp.radom.rajec/?locale2=pl_PL

Phone number: +48 608 574 920

Website and online booking: http://www.radom.zhp.pl/rajec/airshow/

"Imię i nazwisko (wymagane)" - first name and surname (required)

Email (required)

"Liczba osób" - number of people

"Liczba namiotów" - number of tents

"Liczba samochodów" - number of cars

"Liczba przyczep / kamperów" - number of campers

"Dodatkowe pytania / uwagi" - additional questions / notes

"Wyślij" - send :)

GPS: 51.4318°N, 21.2658°E

Ps Read on the Polish forum that NATO E-3 Sentry will be based at Dęblin from Thursday August 23, looks like we can expect flypast.

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Thank you so much for translation also that's awesome ! :)

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Facebook page just posted a list of flying and static items, Ukrainian SU-25 now as static only indicated.

Sall

Post by Sall »

Also Su-22 and MiG-29. If it remains like that, that's disaster!

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Well, it's good, but lack of Mig-29 and Su-22 will be huge disappointment. Also where is Slovak Mig-29? I hope it will be added. It's fully understandable why Romania can't participate, but it's still sad to think there was a chance to see Mig-21, Mig-29, Su-22, Su-25 and Su-27 at the same airshow. Now we've got just Flanker... Keep fingers crossed for Fulcrums and Fitters. At the moment it isn't the biggest show in Polish history for sure.

[fb-post]http://facebook.com/pokazy.airshow/photos/a.101485856592642.3536.100555253352369/2034717346602807/?type=3&source=48&ref=m_notif&notif_t=notify_me_page[/fb-post]

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Good lineup but lack of Soviet stuff is making me consider weather to go to be honest!

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Romanian MiG-21 and Slovak MiG-29 are cancelled, Polish MiG-29 and Su-22 are only static as also the Ukrainian Su-25.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

114PM wrote:Romanian MiG-21 and Slovak MiG-29 are cancelled, Polish MiG-29 and Su-22 are only static as also the Ukrainian Su-25.

I kinda got that part!!

The big question is if the Mig 29 and Su 22 will eventually fly in a further update!

reineves

Post by reineves »

AARDVARK wrote:Good lineup but lack of Soviet stuff is making me consider weather to go to be honest!

:sad: ...I do not have this option, I bought expensive tickets with a high cancellation fee. My target was precisely Soviet aircraft, impossible here in Brazil... :sad:

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Please, be patient, list of participants will be updated. I'm sure Polish Air Force will do everything what's possible to bring Mig-29 and Su-22 back this month (there was information that Fitters started flying in Airspace Use Plan but in the end it didn't happen). On August 15 there's Armed Forces Day in Poland and huge parade in Warsaw - no one can imagine this flypast without Mig and Su, no one can imagine Radom Air Show without them.

As I wrote in the previous post lack of Romanian Mig-21 was predictible. I don't know if there's a chance they will be flying again this year but who knows, maybe they will airborne soon...?

Lack of Su-25 flying wasn't surprise for me. I was shocked when organisers announced it will perform, but have you heard about its display in the last 15 years? I haven't. Still great it will appear on static.

The only surprise for me is lack of Slovak Mig-29. I don't know why it isn't here, but hope it will be added...

These are just my thoughts, not even rumors. It's possible we'll get more Soviet aircraft flying, or maybe it won't happen. Even without them it's going to be an enjoyable show (JF-17, Flanker and German EF-2000 will be great to see). Let's hope some problems will be fixed because for sure today line up isn't as attractive as it was before tragedies in Poland and Romania...

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

We will wait and see what occurs on the 15th!

The Mig-21 cancellation is totally understandable,the Frogfoot was always questionable in my opinion,along with the Slovak Mig-29 which hadn’t been on the scene for a number of years,likewise Iam not holding my breath for a German Eurofighter display as they very rarely display aircraft,only time I have known displays by this type was in 2016 at ILA and NATO airdays ,the first was to celebrate the anniversary of the Luftwaffe and the second as they were the NATO partner for that particular show!

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Mr. Crusher wrote:As I wrote in the previous post lack of Romanian Mig-21 was predictible. I don't know if there's a chance they will be flying again this year but who knows, maybe they will airborne soon...?

I saw a couple of Romanian news articles yesterday saying the grounding order on the MiGs has been lifted. So keeping my fingers crossed, even them just being on static.

See here: https://romanialibera.ro/actualitate/in ... ata-742899

https://www.romaniatv.net/avioanele-mig ... 31417.html

Mr. Crusher wrote:The only surprise for me is lack of Slovak Mig-29. I don't know why it isn't here, but hope it will be added...

Perhaps also grounded until the Polish Air Force find out what happened in their MiG-29 crash?