Luctmachtdagen 2019 - Volkel

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Abbo46

Re: Luctmachtdagen 2019 - Volkel

Post by Abbo46 »

Polish Su-22 & C-295 and USAF C-17 on static.

Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Draken and Viggen back on the official list.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Scramble reporting a pair of KLu F-35A are coming across for the show, arriving on the Wednesday.

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

https://airshowinfo.eu/european_airshow ... agen-2019/

The site above, I believe reputable enough, lists F-35As from both the RNLAF and Italian AF on static, with a Dutch F-35A flying.

FB :cuppa:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

boff180 wrote:Scramble reporting a pair of KLu F-35A are coming across for the show, arriving on the Wednesday.
Should be F-002 (which has been at Leeuwarden already) and F-008. The tanker that should bring them over is already in the US.
Finningley Boy wrote:https://airshowinfo.eu/european_airshows/luchtmachtdagen-2019/

The site above, I believe reputable enough, lists F-35As from both the RNLAF and Italian AF on static, with a Dutch F-35A flying.

The Italian has been confirmed for quite a while.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

bees74

Post by bees74 »

Hi,

does someone knows when the flying display starts? According the 'Luchtmachtdagen' site it's 9.00LT, according the 'Luchtmachtdagen app' for mobile phone it's 11.00LT.

Thanks!

aviodromefriend

https://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=139502&start=120 seems to indicate 9.00 local. Not sure where you find the timing on the site? On my screen it only gives the participants.

bees74

Post by bees74 »

aviodromefriend wrote:https://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=139502&start=120 seems to indicate 9.00 local. Not sure where you find the timing on the site? On my screen it only gives the participants.

seems an error on iPhone app according FB Luchtmachtdagen, starts at 9.00LT

aviodromefriend

A few remarks about the first day:

The NATO E-3A was there at the static taking in guided tours for the public, and it looked like it was closed in by the A330 MRTT, so it should also be there tomorrow, Mr. C.

Terrible quality of the PA system. Volume dropped significally at times, so the commentary couldn't be heared. Not that that is the biggest problem as two of the three commentators have ruined many airshows in the Netherlands in the past, but not knowing what was going on was not the best experience.

Having not seen the Patrouille de France for a few years, it was a nice experience to see them again. Great improvement on their display was the bit with 2 sections of 4 and the music fitted the display well IMO. Just the Marseillaise, I've never heard that being played so slowly.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Weather not particularly pleasant this morning, unfortunately.

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

The weather wasn't particularly pleasant on Saturday morning because that's what was forecast, but, as was the case, to brighten up earlier. Anyway, full marks to the KLU for a terrific two days, if I may be allowed a small dig, a small country with a small air force like Holland wouldn't have touched the RAF for surplus aircraft for air displays and the mounting of in house 'at homes' open days etc, just 15 years ago. Now its the other way round, incredible! More praise to the KLU, not only was entry free, but the buses back and forth to the base were as well, and sufficiently regular. I believe it was the same at Aalborg last year.

Now, Just one real gripe, or more worried concern, NO PROGRAMMES!!!!!! When I asked at the information tent I was told in the usual 'that's the way it is now style', that there weren't any programmes on sale this year, and here it came, I could download what was happening on my phone app!!!!!!!!! AAAAARRRRGH! I sincerely hope that this isn't a potent of things to come this sheep herding of the world, for one reason or another, making Bill Gates and the like, Trillionaires instead of Billionaires. This is the real reason never referred to but I'm sure it isn't driven by a desire to meet any kind of aspiration or allow people to do something they always wondered or dreamed about. No, I honestly believe this condensing of all that makes up our daily lives onto an electronic gadget is an engineered desire, not a true one. Does anyone on here seriously think this is a step toward the better?

Well that's the gripe, apart from just one more before I forget, the poorly managed drinks stalls, where nobody queued and so people, like me, stood like a T@t at one side for ages waiting to be served had to suffer the irritation of seeing the poor individual serving decide to turn her attention to the other side for once, where someone had just pitched up, an got served straight away. Thank God for the Arrows Hotel staff who happily obliged by filling up my flask with hot water before setting off.

Best regards, FB

aviodromefriend

Finningley Boy wrote:Just one real gripe, or more worried concern, NO PROGRAMMES!!!!!! When I asked at the information tent I was told in the usual 'that's the way it is now style', that there weren't any programmes on sale this year, and here it came, I could download what was happening on my phone app!!!!!!!!!
Programs haven't been on sale for as long as I visit (from '92), they were free. This was the second time it was app-only (after Leeuwarden had the "honour" of being the first three years ago). There has been an era when there were single sheets handed out at the entrance with flying programs, map and the rules how to behave.

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

aviodromefriend wrote:
Finningley Boy wrote:Just one real gripe, or more worried concern, NO PROGRAMMES!!!!!! When I asked at the information tent I was told in the usual 'that's the way it is now style', that there weren't any programmes on sale this year, and here it came, I could download what was happening on my phone app!!!!!!!!!
Programs haven't been on sale for as long as I visit (from '92), they were free. This was the second time it was app-only (after Leeuwarden had the "honour" of being the first three years ago). There has been an era when there were single sheets handed out at the entrance with flying programs, map and the rules how to behave.

That I don't doubt sir, but for me it is another example of needless technological application, I would, as I'm sure you've gathered, prefer without questions, to be able to pick a published printed programme, it doesn't have to be an extravagant affair. Few sheets in the form of a pamphlet with the Station Commander's Welcome/Message, Visitor information, Flying and Static displays, airfield plan and other useful information. It can, as was the way in the old days at RAF displays, be an insert to a larger Souvenir Brochure/Programme containing information about the KLU/RAF, whatever. But you will have a piece of history, tangible, which will be yours. You sell it in later years to someone like myself, for example. But again, I don't want to download what's happening on a phone app I don't have. Am I now for the sake of this craven desire to live in sterile techno future, to accept defeat and go out and buy a phone with an app? Which I really don't want. And this is my point, heaven and earth is being moved and everyone forced to bow down to a future where your otherwise featureless life will be on metal and plastic bar. Which has to be charged regularly, when all that goes on it are all available otherwise. When they invented the wheel, it made it possible to move great distances in a reasonable space of time, increasingly over time. Nobody scratched their heads, well some might, over why the magazine/book to hand couldn't be an electric power consuming small telly in your pocket one day and how great it would be. The whole idea, just a personal opinion, is you're accepting this revolution to make Bill Gates richer, not because he's addressed a long held yearning along the lines of if only?