Gdynia Aerobaltic Airshow / 16-18 August 2019

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Mr. Crusher

Re: Gdynia Aerobaltic Airshow / 16-18 August 2019

Post by Mr. Crusher »

+ aeroSPARX (night pyrotechnic display)
+ Flying Dragons Team (night pyrotechnic display)
+ Hatz Classic

Marek Choim (Extra 330sc) was also confirmed for Friday and Saturday evening show with pyro.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Belgium:
+ Stijn de Jaeghere - Extra 330SC

Lithuania:
+ Jurgis Kairys - Su-31

Poland:
+ 3AT3 Formation Flying Team

Sweden:
+ Johan Gustafsson - Piper Cub (night display)

The organisers announced that they're talking with the team from outside Europe that has never been in Poland. A few days ago in the internet appeared banners with Saudi Hawks. There are also images with French Rafale. Both Saudi Hawks and Rafale weren't officially confirmed so everything may happen, but looks like we can expect some interesting updates :)

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

It would be perfect to have new additions like this one but I checked on their calendar and the Rafale is schedule at Zigermeet in Switzerland on the 17th. Maybe it will do both airshow ?

+ Mil-Mi 14 added on static yesterday also (one of the reasons I'm coming to Gdynia :cool: )

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

It is possible Rafale will perform both at Zigermeet and Gdynia, just like SWAFHF Viggen. But we will see if it really happens, at the moment we've got just these pictures :)

shadowdao

Post by shadowdao »

will we take su-22 & Saab-35 at gdynia??

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

According to SWAFHF schedule, Draken won't appear at Gdynia. There is a chance Su-22 will make it, Fitters are confirmed for several airshows in Poland this season, but I don't know if Polish Air Force sends it to Aerobaltic. The whole program should be known at the beginning of August so we still have a few weeks for updates.

Mi-2 confirmed on static.

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Following European Airshow facebook page, the Saudi Hawks confirmed with also 3 C130 appearing on static display for Gdynia (don't know where they had the info from). No official confirmation yet.
A bit dissapointing the polish F16 display will not be part of the show also according to their actual calendar while no other airshow is scheduled for the Aerobaltic weekend.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Saudi Hawks confirmed by the organisers! :yahoo: It will be their only display in Europe this year.

[fb-post]http://www.facebook.com/717084621793307/posts/1243209642514133/[/fb-post]

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Mr. Crusher wrote:Saudi Hawks confirmed by the organisers! :yahoo:

This is really cool :cool:
The static display starts to be quite nice now !

Mr.Crusher, do you know if the Mig29 are back to the air now as they are not scheduled (flying) for the 13th of July event in Gdinya ?

Also, did somebody ever tried to make pictures of the departing aircrafts on monday ? It appears to be tricky as the fields around seem to be in the military airfield.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Unfortunately Migs are still grounded. At the momenent Fulcrum is scheduled for Gdynia Aerobaltic, but I think we should be prepared for its cancellation (of course I keep fingers crossed for Migs' comeback before Gdynia).

I wasn't in Gdynia during departures last year, but I'm sure it won't be a problem to stay outside the base. Check Żeromskiego street in Pierwoszyno village and Zielona street in Babie Doły in google, these fields aren't military, I think they may be good on Monday.

Ps Interesting fact is that last year many aircraft (all SWAFHF, DC-3, Polish teams and more) departed from Gdynia just after the show, on Sunday. It is worth to stay in the base about an hour after the end of the show.

Roger_Over

Post by Roger_Over »

Thank you Mr Crusher for your insights, fingers crossed for the PAF to resolve their fast jet capabilities and if I get to see an Su-24 Fencer in the air it would be a massive highlight for me, if the Ukrainians depart in formation as they have at RIAT previously it would be spectacular. Hopefully we can ask the crews what their plans are at the show. Whatever happens it should be a great airshow.

Has anyone else received an email offering a refund for Aerocamp? I have two tents booked at the standard price 340+199 PLN, received an email that looks legit but asks me to phone them to discuss money transfer so am just a little cautious about phishing. I'm having trouble with the Aerobaltic website as well.

Thanks

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

@Mr Crusher:

Thank you again for all the info, I will check that and hope they will leave after the show like last year

@Roger_Over: Sorry but I didnt book aerocamp finally... but it seems strange. For which reason they should refund you? Don't hesitate to send a PM on Facebook to Lotos Aerobaltic, they are responsive and helpful ! The only thing is that they still didnt release the english version of the website...

Otherwise: + SH2 Seasprite on static I will also try to get the helicopters departure as they are not based in Gdinya (for the majority), I hope they will leave after the show.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Poland:
+ Su-22
(don't know if flying or static yet)
+ Mi-8 (S)
+ M-28 Bryza (?)
+ Firebirds Aerobatic Team - 3x Extra 330LC
+ Makula Aerobatic Team - S-1 Swift

US Air Force:
+ C-130 Hercules (S)

Su-22, Su-24 and Su-27 at the same airshow! :rock:

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

Mr. Crusher wrote:[b]Poland:

Su-22, Su-24 and Su-27 at the same airshow! :rock:

You made my day !! :rock: :cool: :clap:

I hope the su22 will be flying or course !
However, you wrote Mil-mi8 as static but the organiser announced it flying some weeks ago ? Did they changed the plan ?

Also, a bad but expected news, the Mig 29 is probably not going to make it (info from the display team).

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

F-BSHM wrote:However, you wrote Mil-mi8 as static but the organiser announced it flying some weeks ago ? Did they changed the plan ?

Oh, sorry, I probably missed Mi-8 announcement and wrote that it will be on static, because it's rare to see it flying. If organisers said it will fly and nothing changes, then it Will fly :)

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

No sorry it's my mistake :facepalm: ... I checked again and the annoucement was for the Mil-mi 24...

The SU22 is a nice addition ! On the Aerobaltic website they wrote "1 aircraft but no info about static or flying.

Roger_Over

Post by Roger_Over »

Excellent news, the more former Soviet types the better, if the Su-22 is static it would be great to see a Fitter, Flanker, and Fencer together! Even better if one can fly as well. I watched the Ukrainian Flanker display at RIAT last weekend, I've seen them four times now and always an impressive powerful demo, they deservedly were given an award for best solo jet display and their new pilot isn't shy about tail slides and lots of afterburner on the passes.

Re: the MiG-29s I see the Slovak demo team are still displaying so I wonder if they are invited?. PAF are sending their F-16 demo to SIAF so the Slovaks could reciprocate! Wishful thinking...

I still haven't resolved my refund (thanks for suggestion to try Facebook F-BSHM but I got no reply) but the website is showing different prices now so it looks like they owe me 340PLN. I'll try ringing them tomorrow. Bad website but shaping up to be a good show, fingers crossed!

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Roger_Over wrote:
Re: the MiG-29s I see the Slovak demo team are still displaying so I wonder if they are invited?. PAF are sending their F-16 demo to SIAF so the Slovaks could reciprocate! Wishful thinking...

Quite wishful... The organizer of SIAF at Sliac, their homebase, has indicated the only contribution the Migs will bring this year (to SIAF) is a 'renegade' demo together with the C-27 Spartan, not even the dogfight demo anymore. The same post also stated this may well be the final year they will take part in the show (SIAF).

Also worth noting that the other 'favourite' where the Slovak Migs are regulars, NATOdays at Ostrava, have also stated the Slovak Mig will be static only. The Slovak Mig-29 days are numbered.

stealth18

Post by stealth18 »

Fitters will take part in both Dynamic and Static displays

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

stealth18 wrote:Fitters will take part in both Dynamic and Static displays

That would be great :cool:

Roger_Over

Post by Roger_Over »

stealth18 wrote:Fitters will take part in both Dynamic and Static displays

Thank you, that will put a big smile on my face! :yahoo:

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

It will be Su-22 solo display, the organisers presented updated list of Polish Air Force participants. Mi-24 moved to static:

Su-22 (D/S)
Orlik Team (D)
W-3WARM Anakonda (D)
Mi-2 (S)
SH-2G (S)
Mi-17 (S)
M-28 Bryza (S)
Mi-14PŁ (S)
Mi-24 (S)

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Program for Saturday and Sunday (Su-22 only on Saturday, no ANBO team and Stijn de Jaeghere):

[fb-post]http://www.facebook.com/gdyniaaerobaltic/posts/1265682896933474?[/fb-post]

stealth18

Post by stealth18 »

When it comes to the Fitter the plan is as follows, it will depart Świdwin on Saturday do a Display in Gdynia land and be on the static display on Sunday. Unfortunately due to lack of room on the ground it will only be a solo display flown by the leader of the Fitter Demo Team so the routine will be exactly the same as the two ship. For this moment the plan is to send Su-22UM3K in the tiger paint scheme but don’t kill me if it will be the ordinary grey jet or it won’t appear at all, there is still loads of time before the show and everything might change.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Program for Friday and Saturday evenings.

[fb-post]http://www.facebook.com/ImprezyLotniczePL/posts/928780740795854?[/fb-post]