International Sanicole Airshow, 13 & 15 September 2019

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Chrisse

Re: International Sanicole Airshow, 13 & 15 September 2019

Post by Chrisse »

Just 30 days to go now! Stay tuned in these final weeks for some additional exciting announcements.

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/sanicoleairshow/videos/365318467493649/[/fb-post]

st24

Post by st24 »

Viggen! :clap: :love:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

For both the Sunset and Sunday airshow :) I'm sure the splinter camo will look lovely in evening light.

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

Really looking forward to that :yahoo:

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Even more gutted that I can't be there this year now, but I hope everyone enjoys the sight!

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

Chrisse, we have ‘gates open’ times for the Friday and Sunday events but do you know what time the park and ride car parks open for ticket holders please?

I’m sure this will be helpful for everyone so we don’t block the streets around the neighbourhood P & R sites waiting for the gates to open.

In particular I’ll be heading for ‘PARKING F vrijdag’ on both days.

Thank you.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

I'll have to get back to you on that one but I wouldn't stress too much, no need to get on the crowdline at Sanicole.

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

Thank you, much appreciated. I was concerned that with thousands of people heading towards the P & R sites if we knew what time they opened we could time our journey's so we didn't choke up the local roads and annoying the neighbours.

This is my first visit to this show so I'm still learning the procedures, sorry :oops:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

As promised...

On Friday:
Parkings open and shuttles start running at 15:30. Public terrain opens at 16:00. Flying display starts at 18:00.

On Sunday:
Parkings open and shuttles start at 7:30. Public terrain opens at 8:00. Flying display starts at 10:00.

This will be included in an FAQ on the website in a few days.

Also, we added a display by 'the flying nurse' Stijn De Jaeghere on Extra 330SC to our line-up. Click the link to discover his incredible and inspiring story.

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

Many thanks Chrisse that is very good information and it is much appreciated. It all seems very well organised :clap: Thank you

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Today, we added a fly-by of a NATO E-3 Sentry for the sunset airshow. :smile:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Sadly we lost the RAF Tucano :(

Final addition to the sunset airshow: Otto the Helicopter flown by Brendan O'Brien.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

"Twas the night before Christmas..." :)

Making their Sanicole debut are the Austrian air force with the PC-7 solo display. :yahoo:

st24

Post by st24 »

Chrisse wrote:"Twas the night before Christmas..." :)

Making their Sanicole debut are the Austrian air force with the PC-7 solo display. :yahoo:

Aah so that's why they are on the KB list!! I note a German Tornado and Typhoon too??...

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Don't push it :grin:
No, they will only be there for static display at KB, but as guests of our show, maintaining good relations with our German friends and with KeeBee.

st24

Post by st24 »

Chrisse wrote:Don't push it :grin:
No, they will only be there for static display at KB, but as guests of our show, maintaining good relations with our German friends and with KeeBee.

What a fantastic gesture and could really boost KB as a fabulous photo call, along with all the display stuff.

st24

Post by st24 »

st24 wrote:That's 3 very rare flying participants.. *imagines Herc Flare drop at the night show.... *

Well that just happened!! Very impressive. Cracking, typically laid back Sanicole evening show. Vador was just sublime....

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Hopefully everyone who visited had a good time without hassle. Now to prepare for Sunday... :)

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

That's it for this year's International Sanicole Airshow. On behalf of the entire team of volunteers, I hope that you enjoyed our event and will hopefully visit us again in the future. I would be interested to hear your feedback.

Our next show will be on 11 (sunset) & 13 September 2020.

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Great show, great content as usual. Buses worked well getting in and out of the airfield but then it all fell apart. It took an hour to get away from car park B. A let down after such a brilliant day.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

Chrisse wrote:That's it for this year's International Sanicole Airshow. On behalf of the entire team of volunteers, I hope that you enjoyed our event and will hopefully visit us again in the future. I would be interested to hear your feedback.

OUTSTANDING show. Many thanks to the organisers and volunteers. The Friday show was just perfect. Lovely warm evening, gorgeous sky and displays to die for. Truly outstanding event and a privilege to witness it.

Sunday was also good but staring into a sunny sky wasn’t the best. Bus shuttle to and from car parking ‘F’ was brilliant and hassle free.

Overall, a well organised and lovely flying display and a pleasure to attend. I’ll be back next year.

PeteFenwick

Post by PeteFenwick »

The Friday twilight show was excellent and the flares from the Belgian Augusta and Danish C-130 were outstanding among the other great displays.

The minimal car park signposting was challenging and maps showing the location of the chosen car park would have helped hugely. Once car park B was found getting in and out a breeze and the shuttle buses in and out fine (albeit we went immediately after the danish C130)

A great evening show which I plan to return to.

The Spotters Day was equally as good.

Didn't attend the Sunday show simply because of the south facing display

henk99

Post by henk99 »

Chrisse wrote:That's it for this year's International Sanicole Airshow. On behalf of the entire team of volunteers, I hope that you enjoyed our event and will hopefully visit us again in the future. I would be interested to hear your feedback.

This year I only attended the Sunday show. I was parked up in Parking A, and I must say that I have seldom seen such hassle free transportation. I have to admit I left when Patrouille Swiss started, but I walked out at pole 8, crossed the street, stepped into a bus and was in my car 15 minutes later and drove off without any traffic jams. Simple awesome!! :clap: :worship:

Well done! :worship: :up:
| Erlanger Bergkirchweih | RIAT 2023 | Belgian Airforce Days 2023 | Frysian Flag 2023

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

Chrisse,

Sanicole is likely the most impressive civilian run air show, I'd say other than RIAT, but the latter is organised and overseen in a rather different arrangement, I imagine, This year's event was a fantastic way to round off the season, the flying was excellent and I'm impressed with the effort made by the Belgian Air Force, this reminds me, shouldn't next year be the turn of the BAF to hold a significant air show? I suspect they will but not at Kleine Brogel, therefore likely Florennes or somewhere else? In June I imagine. But thanks for the heads up on next year anyway!

Best regards,

FB
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

The next Belgian AF airshow will indeed be at Florennes, but only in 2021, last weekend of June. It will celebrate 75 years of the Belgian air force. As that show is at Florennes, the Sanicole airshow will also go ahead in 2021 at its usual September slot.