International Sanicole Airshow, 13 & 15 September 2019

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Chrisse

Re: International Sanicole Airshow, 13 & 15 September 2019

Post by Chrisse »

bodgerbaz wrote:Thank you for the information. Alas, all I saw was about buying tickets, which I’ve already purchased. No mention of participating aircraft or today’s email about another display team taking part. Am I looking in the wrong place?

You must be... Just go to http://www.sanicole.com
You'll see show info, visit us etc in the top menu ;) plus new participants!

if you don't see it, perhaps do ctrl+F5

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

Thank you for your reply.

I’m using an iPad and I can only see ‘Home / Buy Tickets Now / 2019 Show Info / Visit Us / Sponsors’ but no ‘New Participants’. I’ve cleared my cache and have used Safari and Chrome both without success :sad:

Shall I try on my desktop PC?

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Have you tried clicking and opening the menus? ;) The 2019 show info could prove interesting...

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

:lol: yes I saw that. I obviously misunderstood your comment about new participants. I guess I was expecting to see a list of participants .... flying / static / Fri only / Sunday only etc, etc.

Many thanks and sorry for the inconvenience :oops:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

What you mention is exactly what you will find via the dropdown menu.

bodgerbaz

Post by bodgerbaz »

OK .... problem solved.

I’ve booted up my desktop PC and when I click on your link I get a different web page than on my iPad. The PC has a menu running along the top of the screen and you are right that it shows Friday and Sunday etc, etc.

I normally use my iPad though so when I get an email for this thread it takes me to the Sanicole web site but I get 3 bars at the top right of the screen and the menu structure drops down the right hand side of the screen. The Participation list is missing.

You must have thought I was being thick (don’t answer that) or taking the mickey. I was not in either case. Now I can see what the problem is I’ll have to check the participation list on my PC.

I thank you for your patience Chrisse.

Ian66

Post by Ian66 »

Chrisse - There are no drop down menus from the 2019 Show Info and Visit Us tabs when viewing from Internet Explorer. They are only visible when viewing from Chrome.....(not sure about other browsers I only use these two)

Ian

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Internet Explorer is no longer Microsoft's browser of choice, they support Edge and only use IE11 for backward compatibility (such as Sharepoint). Internet Explorer shouldn't be anyone's choice anymore if they want to stay safe on the internet.

Chopper81

Post by Chopper81 »

Hoping for some good updates between now and September. The Friday sunset show looks a bit light at the moment. Can't wait to get out to Belgium again this year.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Rest assured we have some cool announcements lined up for you (and everyone else obviously :) ) over the summer.

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

B-52 confirmed for Friday evening.

Chopper81

Post by Chopper81 »

CV22 Osprey for flying demo on the Sunday :up:

JJC

Post by JJC »

How easy/efficient is the shuttle bus from Leopoldsburg station?
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

JJC wrote:How easy/efficient is the shuttle bus from Leopoldsburg station?

I've never used it but have heard it works well. Bear in mind if you're coming from Hasselt, there's only one train every two hours so plan accordingly. (Same goes in the opposite direction, coming from Mol)

JJC

Post by JJC »

Chrisse wrote:
JJC wrote:How easy/efficient is the shuttle bus from Leopoldsburg station?

I've never used it but have heard it works well. Bear in mind if you're coming from Hasselt, there's only one train every two hours so plan accordingly. (Same goes in the opposite direction, coming from Mol)

Cheers. Something to consider! Lineup looks excellent for this show.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Sultan of Wings

Post by Sultan of Wings »

It's veeeery tempting!!!!

Question: are there any spots to watch the planes off-site not too far away from the runway for a different viewing? Thinking photography of course.
I am thinking one day in and one day out?

Great program both days.

I need to reserve housing quickly before it all gets booked. I will have to arri ve the day before and leave the day after.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help and advice.

:yahoo:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Added 2 static aircraft to the website: An Eclipse gyrocopter and a German army NH-90.

Sultan of Wings

If I make the trip, I will be on foot using public transport.

It seems that the website only has shuttle for those who are buying parking spots?

How about us without cars? Can we use the shuttles from Leopoldsburg or do we need to hitch hike to the air show site? I want to make sure of all the (important) details before I book my trip.

The Thalys to Antwerp is awfully costly. They are thieves!

:mad:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Sultan of Wings wrote:If I make the trip, I will be on foot using public transport.

It seems that the website only has shuttle for those who are buying parking spots?

How about us without cars? Can we use the shuttles from Leopoldsburg or do we need to hitch hike to the air show site? I want to make sure of all the (important) details before I book my trip.

The Thalys to Antwerp is awfully costly. They are thieves!

[Sorry, misread the post, amended my answer below]
There is also a shuttle bus from the station at Leopoldsburg so you can use that.
As for your other question in a previous post, the airfield is surrounded by active and guarded military domain; You can only watch the display from the public area.

Why take the Thalys to Antwerp and not a regular intercity from Brussels? (assuming you are taking the Eurostar to Brussels and then switching to Thalys from there). A regular intercity is only marginally slower but it makes a healthy price difference. From Brussels there are faster options to Leopoldsburg anyway than going via Antwerp.

Sultan of Wings

Chrisse wrote:
Sultan of Wings wrote:
Why take the Thalys to Antwerp and not a regular intercity from Brussels? (assuming you are taking the Eurostar to Brussels and then switching to Thalys from there). A regular intercity is only marginally slower but it makes a healthy price difference. From Brussels there are faster options to Leopoldsburg anyway than going via Antwerp.

I live in Normandy at this point in time. Everything to Belgium involves Thalys. Tried distorted ways trying to avoid it but it always gives me Thalys sectors from Paris.

There is nothing else, no Intercity from anywhere. All Thalys. Prices to Brussels are a rip off even at impossible odd hours, ultra-early morning or late nights in Plebs Class.

Thieves.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

You could check Izy from Paris. It's cheaper than Thalys but also slower as it uses stretches of regular railroads rather than the high-speed track.

Sultan of Wings

Chrisse wrote:You could check Izy from Paris. It's cheaper than Thalys but also slower as it uses stretches of regular railroads rather than the high-speed track.

I had checked IZY they also gave me Thalys from Paris to Brussels at impossible hours, latest night trains at Gare du Nord. It's too unsafe. I would not risk it.

I guess it's either full price or no trip.

:ghost:

BMrider

Post by BMrider »

Tickets booked for Fri & Sunday, what happens on the Saturday?

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

On Saturday, you can visit the spottersday at Kleine-Brogel (http://www.spottersday.be) or explore the region. During the spottersday, you can see the departure and landing of planes that have to rehearse at Sanicole and some of the participants will taxy past the audience when they depart or return. There may also be a few Belgian demos at KB (eg Thundertigers, Red Devils).

BMrider

Post by BMrider »

Chrisse wrote:On Saturday, you can visit the spottersday at Kleine-Brogel (http://www.spottersday.be) or explore the region. During the spottersday, you can see the departure and landing of planes that have to rehearse at Sanicole and some of the participants will taxy past the audience when they depart or return. There may also be a few Belgian demos at KB (eg Thundertigers, Red Devils).

Thanks for that, all booked up now!