BIAS 2020

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Berf

BIAS 2020

Post by Berf »

Anyone know if it is Ok outside the airfield (and any locations) on the rehearsal day?

Chrisse

Re: BIAS 2020

Post by Chrisse »

I have never tried it but there is an Ikea and shopping mall parking lot on the opposite side of the airfield that jets thunder over. Only issue is you'll be staring into the sun. I believe the parking at the end of the runway is closed that day. You could try standing near the bus stop perhaps and get some funny stares :)

JJC

Post by JJC »

Was told by a couple of gents last year that they’d spent the rehearsal day out under the approach, but it is at the side of a rather busy road. They’d also spent some time at a car park near to the old tower, but not sure what the opportunities were like/if this is ‘permissible’.

Looking forwards to hopefully making a return to the show this year!
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

If the parking near the old tower is open, I'd say that would be the best bet. You're out of the way from the busy road so you can hold a conversation.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Hey guys, I've seen some reports online where visitors have used public transport to visit the show, and it's been pretty trouble-free. Can anyone on here give a first hand account themselves?
Cheers :biggrin:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Oh !..the joy of acronyms. I Googled "BIAS 2020" & came-up with 'The Bahrain International Airshow (BIAS) 2020' but cannot find the IKEA store anywhere?? Doh! :dizzy:
So I tried 'Bucharesti International Air-show' & there's IKEA just where you might expect it. Sometimes Google isn't as friendly as you might hope? :whistle:
Just need some dates for it now. :dunno:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

I thought the BBC were taking their election campaign shows across the EU so didn't bother googling at all. :dunno: :cuppa:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Stagger2 wrote:Just need some dates for it now. :dunno:

5 September 2020