Air Legend 2020, Melun - 12-13 Sept

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
SEMAE

Re: Air Legend 2020, Melun - 12-13 Sept

Post by SEMAE »

As a word of warning, all mass gatherings in France of over 5000 people, originally penned in to be able to go ahead from 01-09-2020, has now been delayed to 01-10-2020. The above info is from the BBC web site today.

This may well affect the ability of Melun-Villaroche to go ahead. The position of the airshows have not yet confirmed by the organisers so keep looking at their Facebook pages and internet sites.

I have tickets for the show but in the event that it is are cancelled, I would think there would be good chance you could use the tickets for the next year shows instead which will be in line with other cancelled shows.

Martin Eames
Last edited by SEMAE on Tue 11 Aug 2020, 7:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

As an update from the organiser from their FB page today 'it is up to the prefect to grant a derogation or not. The team has since started working on maintaining the event and will communicate in the coming days.'

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

SEMAE wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020, 5:46 pm
As an update from the organiser from their FB page today 'it is up to the prefect to grant a derogation or not. The team has since started working on maintaining the event and will communicate in the coming days.'
Appears that my post on the Melun Villaroch FB page asking for an update and their reply (shown as quoted above) has been deleted by them.

Col. Chibani

Post by Col. Chibani »

According to the official website:
The French Government has announced that the ban on gatherings of more than 5,000 people is now extended until October 30.
A derogation from this measure may however be granted by the local authorities.
We continue to work, as from the beginning, to maintain the Paris Villaroche AIR LEGEND event.
We will let you know the progress of the current procedures, as soon as we have concrete information.
In case of cancellation of the event, ticket holders will have the choice between postponing their reservation for the next event (September 2021) or a refund.

Mike

Post by Mike »

With the quarantine now in place in the UK for people coming in from France, I guess that means none of the UK-based warbirds are likely to attend. Several of them, such as the Lysander and Blenheim, don’t seem to be flying this year in any case.

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

I will not be going to his show now. Over the last few weeks I have been looking closely at the French Covid figures and fully expected expected the UK to reimpose 14 day quarantine measures against people coming or returning to France.

The position looked so good a few weeks ago and it was with some surprise that their figures (as well as the rest of Europe) on infections has gone up so sharply.

I purchased my tickets more on precautionary basis in case they sold out quickly and on the basis that If the show itself goes ahead, it is only the price of the show tickets that I am prepared to loose or in the event of cancellation, use the tickets for next year instead.

I have cancelled my ferry crossing and will get a full refund for that. I was only going to book one night stay at a hotel at the last moment but.

I do hope they find a safe way for the show to go ahead in which case I might have a couple of spare tickets - one ticket each for both days.

Martin Eames

Col. Chibani

Post by Col. Chibani »

New participants announced for the show in the last hours, and no cancellation so far, so there may be still hope for me:
  • Rafale Tactical Display "Requin Mike"
  • Spitfire Mk XVI SL721 / OO-XVI
Full list here: https://www.airlegend.fr/en/flight-line/

R4118

Post by R4118 »

I hope this show can go on. But I wonder.
What about the displays coming from the UK. These pilots would have to quarantine when they return to the UK.. I doubt they will go to France in this case. This leaves the programme with some participants missing out then.

gr

Peter

Just noticed on the website the sales of tickets is put on hold, due to the new corona restrictions.
So not yet certain, the show can go on.
La Ferté-Alias
Old Warden
Tigermeet
Sywell
RIAT
Albert
Duxford
Sanicole

Col. Chibani

Post by Col. Chibani »

R4118 wrote:
Fri 21 Aug 2020, 11:14 am
I hope this show can go on. But I wonder.
What about the displays coming from the UK. These pilots would have to quarantine when they return to the UK.. I doubt they will go to France in this case. This leaves the programme with some participants missing out then.

gr

Peter

Just noticed on the website the sales of tickets is put on hold, due to the new corona restrictions.
So not yet certain, the show can go on.
The official website this morning states that the decision will be taken and announced this Monday.
The Red Arrows, who were to participate (and were to be announced officially these days), have cancelled. :frowning2:

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

Catalina society saying its cancelled!
Thomas

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

So are the organizers via newsletter and on their Facebook.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Duxford have a maximum of 15,000 people a day as well. Mmmmm.
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

DaveBr

Post by DaveBr »

It must be said, the argument that the site provides for 14 sq.metres per person is pretty weak.

Mike

Post by Mike »

DaveBr wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020, 7:58 am
It must be said, the argument that the site provides for 14 sq.metres per person is pretty weak.
Clutching at straws, I'd say.

The fact that any of the UK participants were unlikely to attend means it would have been a very thin line-up at best.

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Absolutely gutted for the organisers - and the hobby at large. No increase in deaths, no clear increase in cases (more randomised tests is obviously going to find more cases) and still the event is cancelled. I just don't get it.