Malta Airshow

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
TonyB

Malta Airshow

Post by TonyB »

It´s just been announced that the Malta Airshow will be taking place on the 26/27 September. No participants list at the moment, not even sure if there will be a static display.

StandardTom

Re: Malta Airshow

Post by StandardTom »

I booked flights for this back at the start of January, before we had any idea of what was going to happen.

Currently, citizens arriving in Malta from the UK have to qaurantine for 14 days. However, according to the FCO website this is due to be relaxed on the 15th July.

Fingers crossed some sort of show goes ahead.
My Photos on Flickr
My Photos on Instagram

Cheers, Tom.

vulcanshammer

Post by vulcanshammer »

First participants announced.

ATR 72 and AW169 of the Guardia di Finanza (Italian militarized police) confirmed for static.
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better

viggen

Post by viggen »

There is no information of where the static park will be.Usually at the airport. Getting very near the date and nothing about participant who will be flying or where the display will take placed. Not looking good.

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

I'd say anyone who would fly to see an airshow at the moment needs their head looking at.

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Andyph wrote:
Tue 04 Aug 2020, 9:49 am
I'd say anyone who would fly to see an airshow at the moment needs their head looking at.
And I´d say it is up to the individual to decide whether or not they want to take a holiday in Malta at the end of September.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Air show next?
Four festivals scheduled to take place in Malta this month have been cancelled due to a rise in Covid-19 cases on the island.

Escape 2 The Island, Rhythm + Waves, BPM Festival: Malta and Mi Casa Festival have all been called off.

A statement from each festival says they are all "disappointed" not to be going ahead, after making a decision with the Maltese Tourism Authority.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53642430
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

TonyB wrote:
Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:25 am
Andyph wrote:
And I´d say it is up to the individual to decide whether or not they want to take a holiday in Malta at the end of September.
I disagree - it's totally irresponsible to fly while this pandemic is at large.

But as Covid has shown entitlement, selfishness and stupidity are prevalent in society.

If the UK government had any balls it would have done a New Zealand - total lockdown till it had gone and kept the border closed afterwards.

Well done someone for cancelling it.

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Andyph wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 10:10 am
TonyB wrote:
Andyph wrote:

But as Covid has shown entitlement, selfishness and stupidity are prevalent in society.

If the UK government had any balls it would have done a New Zealand - total lockdown till it had gone and kept the border closed afterwards.

Let us agree to disagree.

I didn´t know that the airshow has been cancelled.

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

TonyB wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 4:22 pm
Andyph wrote:
TonyB wrote:
Andyph wrote:

and mighty badly this reflects upon you - Can I suggest you think about showing judgement - and perhaps some social responsibility!

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Andyph wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 9:05 pm
TonyB wrote:
Andyph wrote:
TonyB wrote:
Andyph wrote:

and mighty badly this reflects upon you - Can I suggest you think about showing judgement - and perhaps some social responsibility!
I´ve looked through my posts and can´t see where I have written that I will be attending the show or even taking a holiday in Malta. Would you care to point me in the direction of how it "mighty badly reflects on me". As for "showing judgment" it seems that you are doing just that. Where I live I behave in a "social responsible" way, what ever that may mean to you. That you do not know me seems to show how judgemental you are.

One other thing. Could you perhaps provide a link to your assertion that the show has been canccelled? I do think that it will be, but as of yet I´ve not read anything to that effect.

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

TonyB wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 10:00 pm
Andyph wrote:
TonyB wrote:
Andyph wrote:
TonyB wrote:
Andyph wrote:

I´ve looked through my posts and can´t see where I have written that I will be attending the show or even taking a holiday in Malta. Would you care to point me in the direction of how it "mighty badly reflects on me". As for "showing judgment" it seems that you are doing just that. Where I live I behave in a "social responsible" way, what ever that may mean to you. That you do not know me seems to show how judgemental you are.

One other thing. Could you perhaps provide a link to your assertion that the show has been canccelled? I do think that it will be, but as of yet I´ve not read anything to that effect.
My apolgises - maybe I misunderstood.
But you do appear to condone other people going to Malta - it's for the individual to decide right?
I disagree!

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

I was intending to go this year, as I love Malta and the last airshow I attended there was excellent. But, I won't be sitting in a small metal tube with a couple of hundred other people who may have had contact with Covid, just to mingle with a couple of thousand other people from many nations who also may have had contact with it, just for an airshow.
It's bad enough having to go with work into the virus spiked Lancashire right now (never a good place at the best of times), let alone travelling internationally. Malta, and hopefully the airshow, will always be there next year...
Meteor WS788/ Chippy WK640 Restoration Project, YAM
Shack WR963, Coventry
Other types meddled with by request!

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Andyph wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 10:35 pm
TonyB wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 10:00 pm
Andyph wrote:
TonyB wrote:
Andyph wrote:
TonyB wrote:
Andyph wrote:

My apolgises - maybe I misunderstood.
But you do appear to condone other people going to Malta - it's for the individual to decide right?
I disagree!
Nothing to apologise for. We had a good discussion on the subject and it´s inevitable that there would be misunderstandings.

The dictionary definition of condone is to accept or allow behaviour that is wrong. But what might be wrong for one might not be wrong for the next. It´s for the individual to decide. That you disagree is acceptable, as an idividual it´s your decision.

I´ve enjoyed our exchange of opinions over the past days, but I think we have gone as far as we can on the subject and it´s time to lay it to rest.

All the best for the future, there can only be better times ahead.

Maudit

Post by Maudit »

The Malta meeting is cancelled.
For the moment it's off with the organizers. The official message will come out in the next few days.

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Announced today as cancelled.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.