News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
TS010

Rhyl Airshow

Post by TS010 »

WIWOL

Brummiekid

Re: Rhyl Airshow

Post by Brummiekid »

From the website..."In addition to the action in the air, there will be plenty to do on the ground, with trade stalls, funfair rides and ground displays taking place along the seafront of Rhyl."

I imagine the stalls will be selling chips, Burberry baseball caps, chips, chunky gold plated jewellery, chips, shiny track-suits, chips, fake branded trainers, chips & oversize exhaust pipes.
Visitors must be prepared to get knocked and bumped by 14 year-old mothers pushing pushchairs, then getting a load of abuse for getting in the way.

Ah Rhyll, where the Mountains meet the Sea and the Chavs roam Free!
:grin: :biggrin: :grin:
Regan - "We're the Sweeney son and we haven't had any dinner"
http://www.totterdowncamping.co.uk

TS010

Post by TS010 »

I imagine the stalls will be selling chips, Burberry baseball caps, chips, chunky gold plated jewellery, chips, shiny track-suits, chips, fake branded trainers, chips & oversize exhaust pipes.
Visitors must be prepared to get knocked and bumped by 14 year-old mothers pushing pushchairs, then getting a load of abuse for getting in the way.

Ah Rhyll, where the Mountains meet the Sea and the Chavs roam Free!

It has'nt changed then! :grin: Not a fan of the place myself either.
WIWOL

225Mriya

Post by 225Mriya »

Shame its not being held at Llandudno, great views looking down on the displays from either of the Ormes - Dawlish-esq. :sad:
If only the F-35B could loose as much weight.....

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

I've already sent an e-mail to the BBMF asking if they can load up PA474 with some incendiary bombs, and drop them there, the only redeaming thing about Rhyl is that there's nothing there to make you want to go back for!! And i only live down the coast! Ensure that your camera gear will be insured & guarded in Rhyl, otherwise it'll be in 'Cashconverters' within 20 minutes and the thief will be pi**ed as a fart on Special Brew within 1 hour of your gear disappearing. I kid you not! :grin: :grin:

victormeldrew

Post by victormeldrew »

Bangor is even worse...
Todays pain in the arse award goes to...Tinker the cat

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

victormeldrew wrote:Bangor is even worse...

Don't remind me, at the price of crossing thread's if RIAT want more toilets, if they could fit Bangor into RAF Fairford they'd have the biggest toilet in Wales! :sick:

jaguarfarewellday

Post by jaguarfarewellday »

Apart from Mark Jefferies in his Extra 330 display :smile: , there must be something good about 'RYHL' maybe the Sheep :grin:
what we have here is a complete lack of respect for the law !

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Well the only info i have about the Rhyl Airshow, is that the list of participants includes Team Guinot, Yakovlev Formation & Aerobatic Team, The BBMF trio, Jet Provost pair, Spitfire T9 and Mark Jeffries. If i do find out anything else, i'll let you all know.

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

I think the Red Arrows are also displaying...

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Could very well be, i got my info from the fount of all wisdom in North Wales, the Daily Post!! :whistle:

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

Great a local airshow just 15 minutes from where I live. But what if people wanted to travel from far away? Where would they stay whilst visiting this airshow? Mmmm let me see..... :grin: :whistle:
Shameless: promotion: We have some rooms left for that weekend. Starting at £75 for Bed and breakfast for 2 people (minimum 2 nights at weekends) email for details or see our website :smile:

jaguarfarewellday

Post by jaguarfarewellday »

ILoveLightnings wrote:Great a local airshow just 15 minutes from where I live. But what if people wanted to travel from far away? Where would they stay whilst visiting this airshow? Mmmm let me see..... :grin: :whistle:
Shameless: promotion: We have some rooms left for that weekend. Starting at £75 for Bed and breakfast for 2 people (minimum 2 nights at weekends) email for details or see our website :smile:

Shameless indeed :lol:
what we have here is a complete lack of respect for the law !

NWest

Post by NWest »

Jumbojet380 wrote:I think the Red Arrows are also displaying...

Nope, the show's not on their calendar for August - http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/displayinfo/august09.cfm.

Beefsteak

Post by Beefsteak »

Red Dragon wrote:I've already sent an e-mail to the BBMF asking if they can load up PA474 with some incendiary bombs, and drop them there.

They did that before, and caused £5,000,000 worth of improvements!!

The fishing aint bad off there (But you have to worry about your car being left parked there all day !!!)

proplover

Post by proplover »

Hi, many thanks for all the support guys.

Firstly to confirm the Reds are not at Rhyl - this year. Before you all start, the Council only have limited funds (you may have noticed there is a credit\money problem at the moment) and the Reds alone would have used the entire budget. Do you know how much the Reds are with insurance?!!!!!!!!!

The Events Team are trying to get this event off the ground so to speak as there are a lot of people who only to often moan that nothing happens in Denbighshire, by the look at some of the comments above I expect it would include some of you guys. How about trying to support the effort, feel free to PM me and come and muck in.

Re the comments:
ILOVELIGHTNINGS - hotels, I think you'll find that most hotels located near any event in their area will look at their rates for those days\weekends errrrr afraid its common practise if you havent noticed - suggest people shop about.

225Myria - if you want to organise a show at Llandudno instead of moaning its at Rhyl feel free to speak to the council - Im sure you'll enjoy spending 8 months of your life trying to get all the Funding, Council, Emergency Services and numerous other organisations working together only for people to tell you your doing it in the wrong place, wrong time or you've not got the right displays!!

Brummiekid - stalls will not be allowed to sell food or drink on the prom area. The Events team are looking for traders selling air related items, perhaps you know a few and could pass their details on to me? There will be a fun fair unit brought in but no doubt peopkle will critise that as only places like Biggin Hill are allowed to do that.

Its a FREE event to the public and it is a "trial" start up event - if deemed to be succesfull the Council will look at a follow up next year and hopefully expand the air display and ground activities. Be nice to see some of you local critiques getting involved as you all seem to know whats wrong and how to do it properly. Sorry cant do much about Rhyl (bits of it look they've been bombed already!) unfortunatly the collapse of the building industry has delayed several re-building projects. However they have a good bit of seafront for a display line so that a lot of people can generally see the event (not just a few sitting on a cliff or camped on the end of the pier) and the town and the county council were willing to give it a go.

225Mriya

Post by 225Mriya »

proplover wrote:225Myria - if you want to organise a show at Llandudno instead of moaning its at Rhyl feel free to speak to the council - Im sure you'll enjoy spending 8 months of your life trying to get all the Funding, Council, Emergency Services and numerous other organisations working together only for people to tell you your doing it in the wrong place, wrong time or you've not got the right displays!!

Please note, nowhere in my post did I say anything derogatory about Rhyll - just that it does not offer the same elevated viewpoints that the show at Llandudno offered in the past - purely from a photography point of view.. I welcome another addition to the North West airshow scene, and will make every effort to get there this year to show my support. I do appreciate the hard work that it takes to get anything like this off the ground - and applaud all those involved in this new venture. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I apologise if my comments caused offence - they certainly were not meant in that manner.
If only the F-35B could loose as much weight.....

proplover

Post by proplover »

Hi 225Mriya, no problems. Sorry to you as I was probably a bit strong, was being stressed out at work at the time :-( . Be good to see 1 and all turn up and support the small team trying to get something going for N.Wales. The more that turn up the better we have of getting something bigger for next year.

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

proplover wrote:Hi, many thanks for all the support guys.

Firstly to confirm the Reds are not at Rhyl - this year. Before you all start, the Council only have limited funds (you may have noticed there is a credit\money problem at the moment) and the Reds alone would have used the entire budget. Do you know how much the Reds are with insurance?!!!!!!!!!

The Events Team are trying to get this event off the ground so to speak as there are a lot of people who only to often moan that nothing happens in Denbighshire, by the look at some of the comments above I expect it would include some of you guys. How about trying to support the effort, feel free to PM me and come and muck in.

Re the comments:
ILOVELIGHTNINGS - hotels, I think you'll find that most hotels located near any event in their area will look at their rates for those days\weekends errrrr afraid its common practise if you havent noticed - suggest people shop about.

Hi Proplover, just to clarify when I said where would people stay for such an event, I meant at our Guesthouse :grin:
Just got back from London where at The AA Bed and Breakfast awards we won!! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Just for the record our prices are the same all year round so there'll be no advantage taken of people staying with us for the show :smile:
If you are in any way involved with the events team then good luck and if we can help anyone then Pm or email our website.... http://www.northwalesbreaks.co.uk :smile:

proplover

Post by proplover »

Hi Ilovelightnings,
Sorry mate - missread your message, I'll blame being overtired, poor excuse I know but Im getting to old for 18hr days!

Will contact you as the Events Team, with one eye on next year already have a few proposals so I might run one of them past you for some initial comment. I hope your booked out for the show weekend!

Regards

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

proplover wrote:Hi Ilovelightnings,
Sorry mate - missread your message, I'll blame being overtired, poor excuse I know but Im getting to old for 18hr days!

Will contact you as the Events Team, with one eye on next year already have a few proposals so I might run one of them past you for some initial comment. I hope your booked out for the show weekend!

Regards

Not a problem. 18 hour days? I know the feeling :grin: Anyway as I said if you need any help or comment by all means get in touch. Our contact details are on the website. As for the show weekend, it's the only weekend in August that we have absolutely NO bookings for :sad: but it's early days yet :smile:

proplover

Post by proplover »

Now have a web site for the show, the local ATC unit (1340 Sqdn) stepped up to the mark at short notice as we had lots of complaints that no one could find it on the Denbs CC site and that the detail was poor.

www.rhylairshow.co.uk

Please bare with us as its still being worked on.

banksy

Post by banksy »

Only just seen this.

What a great idea - it's about time there was more action on this stretch of coast - Rhyl may not be an idyllic location, but well done to all involved in trying to do something positive like an airshow in the area.

As mentioned above, it's pleasing to see more action in the North West, after all, years gone by has witnessed the BAE Families Day disappear from Woodford & Broughton, when these were half decent airshows that we all would love to see back on again.

Fingers crossed that your event is a success, and that next year, it gets bigger & better.

Perhaps the addition of a Typhoon a la Southport Airshow could be a possibility for future events too?

The Red Arrows are I'm sure quite expensive line up, but given time, and possible success of this show, may be a star attraction in years to come.

Good luck to all involved.
Chester FC Media Volunteer
Twitter: @banks247

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

BAE Families Day disappear from Woodford & Broughton

Broughton's back this year Banksy, September 5th, celebrating 40 years of Airbus. (Filton the following week).

Back on topic, I shall do my best to get the family down to sunny Rhyl and support the event.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums

banksy

Post by banksy »

Really?

Do you know what they have planned at all?
Chester FC Media Volunteer
Twitter: @banks247