Clacton Airshow 2015

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
planesgalaxxyclacton

Clacton Airshow 2015

Post by planesgalaxxyclacton »

The Clacton Airshow 2015 date is Thursday 27th August and Friday 28th August

Full list

Red Arrows (F)
BBMF Lancaster, Hurricane & Spitfire (F)
RAF Typhoon (F)
RAF Tutor T1 (F)
RAF Chinook (27th) (F)
The Tigers parachute team
B-17 Sally B (F)
Spitfire - Rolls Royce (F)
Tigers parachute display team
Last edited by planesgalaxxyclacton on Mon 04 May 2015, 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

planesgalaxxyclacton

Re: Clacton Airshow 2015

Tigers Parachute team confirmed both days

planesgalaxxyclacton

Raf Tutor and Red Arrows confirmed both days

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Typhoon added!

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Sally B added Friday only! Been wanting to see her at Clacton for a good few years now! Absolutely chuffed and hope all goes well. :smile:

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Rolls Royce Spitfire will be returning again this year.

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Sally B confirmed in local gazette for 28th August :smile:

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Chinook will make a welcome return after last displaying in 2005

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

You can add Team Raven to the list! Yet another 1st timer!

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Great news, haven't seen them yet so will be good to see at Clacton

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

JP from jet aerobatics added, lets see if it can make it this year!

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

From TDC

......So what next?
4 June 2015

As the sun came down on last year's Air Show, a whole range of emotions and feelings were on show in the Event Trailer. Satisfaction, relief and a sense of disappointment that it was over for another year were mixed with thoughts of "how are we going to top that line-up?"

With probably the best flying display in the event's 23 year history and the sight of the last 2 remaining flight worthy Lancaster Bombers in the world flying over the Sunshine Coast, as the last marquees were being dismantled, the Event Team were debating how we were going to take the event forward in 2015.

Well after announcing this week that the Chinook will be appearing, alongside the "Reds" and the first appearance of the Sally B there has been fantastic reaction from Air show regulars and visitors from around the country. With a whole host of amazing announcements still to come, that sense of trepidation has been exchanged for excitement. Another great coup has been secured this week.

Without giving too much away (we enjoy the suspense), there is going to be a real international flavour to this year's event, with a host of first time appearances. Speaking of flavours, this year will see the first ever Clacton Food and Drink Festival taking place over the weekend after the Air Show.

It is exhilarating to be part of an event which attracts visitors from all over the country and in many cases the world (I had a chat with a visitor from Columbia last year). The local pride in hosting such a recognised event has increased over recent years with the loss of other Air Shows in the region. Rest assured, this year's event is going to be very special - for many number of reasons!

Watch this space!

(Mike Carran Event Director)

sideeffectwhu

Post by sideeffectwhu »

For a free show its excellent. I will support this by buying a programme even though I am not a fan of them. Love takin my kids to Clacton, was only up there last week on the rides. Would like to be on the paratrooper ride whilst a fast jet comes by.

Well done and thanks Clacton Air Show.

Sarang

Post by Sarang »

Looks like it is Patrouille Reva!

http://patrouille-reva.fr/index.php/log/agenda

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Slight adjustment, Sally B now confirmed both days!

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Blog update.

18 June 2015

A drop in the ocean!
This time of year, Airshow activity goes into overdrive. Planning meetings with partners become more frequent, to make sure everything from parking to the Flight Display is planned meticulously. We are lucky to have favourable tides this year, so there will be plenty of room on the beach.

Just a few days ago, the Tigers Parachute Display team were officially announced for the event. They join the Chinook for Thursday and the Sally B and Reds, who will both fly on both days.
We haven't had a parachute display team for a few years now. In the past they have landed on Martello Bay, which has meant closing the largest beach in town until they have landed. With more and more spectators every year, this has become increasingly difficult. However as the Tigers drop into the sea, they will be a real spectacle without needing to reduce space in the prime locations.

We had a great feeling about the Tigers as soon as we met them for a recce on the seafront. Nothing was too much trouble for them; and from the footage we have seen, they are going to be spectacular dropping into the sea.

There are some huge announcements to come, so keep checking our social media pages for the latest information. It is going to be a cracker!

(Mike Carran Event Director)

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Big Announcement at 8am tomorrow via Twitter, but may be one already covered here.

planesgalaxxyclacton

JoshWiggins wrote:Big Announcement at 8am tomorrow via Twitter, but may be one already covered here.

Its the Vulcan bit over hyped if you ask me as a major announcement considering it has been there for the last 3 years

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

With over a month to go wouldn't it of been better if everything was announced? At least people would know what to expect? But it's nice to see the Reds back to both days again!

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

Vulcan confirmed!!!!!

http://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/council/ne ... on-airshow

so now I will see 558 at least 3 more times before she's grounded for good :smile:
andygolfer

http://www.superguppy.co.uk
winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

planesgalaxxyclacton

Conformation of Team Raven and Autogyro added to line up will be good to see the Gyro again after its displays the last couple of years

http://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/council/ne ... rshow-2015

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Last flight announcements next week with one final Suprise! Unsure on what though but sounds interesting!

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Mig-15 both days!!

Another fantastic line up after nearly collapsing a few years ago! Credit to everyone who kept it alive!

Gareth V

Post by Gareth V »

Haven't done Clacton since I was a kid a good 10 years or so ago. My memory was watching from the pier, and an RAF Jaguar crept in then roared overhead, my mum jumped out of her skin, priceless entertainment which we have ribbed her about ever since!

I have to be honest, the Clacton show actually looks pretty good this year, I think it is time for me to visit the show again!
Twitter @WordsFromGareth Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/justgareth/albums (i'm no pro, just enjoy taking pics)

barte.k

Post by barte.k »

Hi All,

First time to UKAR, although been a reader for a while. I got a question to you guys regarding the Clacton Airshow best spotter place.
Never been to UK airshow before (maybe Claction wouldnt the first choice for a a first airshow in UK in favour of RIAT for instance, but schedule looks quite impressive:). So, coming from Poland to St. Albans for a couple of days, I plan to go to Clacton on Thursday, if the weather is decent enough;) What is the best place to watch & photograph while having 500mm range? Is it very crowdy there usually?
I have seen some photos from the event but it is hard to tell since they only reflect a bit of the coast..

Will be obliged for some info.