Eastbourne

Re: Eastbourne

Postby CalumG on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:02 am

lambo17841 wrote:I think marfo means Herne Bay as the same message is on that page.
Anyone know what will come along from Shoreham this year?,presume the Sea Vixen will come from Yeovilton unless it is at Biggin or Brize as it is doing Herne Bay as well.

John in Seaford


Flightline UK says 'lighter displays' will go to Shoreham. Spitfire IXT arrived yesterday & Wingwalkers are due anytime now. Sea Vixen and B-17 will come from their home bases (Yeovilton & Duxford respectively); JPs will be based from Lydd; B25 from Headcorn; Typhoon, Reds & BBMF from Biggin Hill and MIG 15 & Vampires from North Weald. Source- Flightline UK.
CalumG

Re: Eastbourne

Postby lambo17841 on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:23 am

Thanks for info,hope wind drops for Sunday as a bit breezy here in Seaford at the moment,still at least it will keep the sea mist away that sometimes crops up this week.

John in Seaford
lambo17841

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Southendnick on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 3:11 pm

Lancaster is currently at Southend, looking like a night stop.
Spelling mistakes and grammatical error specialist

http://www.southendtimeline.com
User avatar
Southendnick

Re: Eastbourne

Postby st24 on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 3:23 pm

You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Eastbourne

Postby timuss on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 7:32 pm

Anybody do Beachy Head today?
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Re: Eastbourne

Postby MC hammer on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 9:29 pm

timuss wrote:Anybody do Beachy Head today?


No not me, and I only live 5 miles away. Distressed to hear that there was a planned Puma flypast today though. Sort of hope it didn't go low level around the Head. Will give it a go tomorrow.
Heard some comms on frequency 132.9 this afternoon and although not able to hear the controller, it sounded like typical Airbourne pilot talk, so looks like they are using the same frequency as in recent years.
MC hammer

Re: Eastbourne

Postby st24 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 1:34 pm

Why only 3 Blades?? - looks weird..
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 1:37 pm

Paternity Leave.
yes, does look a bit odd!
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
User avatar
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Reds Rolling on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 2:10 pm

The planes seem a long way from the crowd.
Reds Rolling

Re: Eastbourne

Postby st24 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 2:27 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:Paternity Leave.
yes, does look a bit odd!


Aah right thanks Nige... I dunno, never heard of such slacking in my day!!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 2:29 pm

The parachutists commentator sounds like he's been in the pub for several hours, if not days.

Embarrassing. If he doesn't make UKAR's Top Ten Moments of the year, there's no justice.
User avatar
Dan O'Hagan

Re: Eastbourne

Postby st24 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 2:41 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:The parachutists commentator sounds like he's been in the pub for several hours, if not days.

Embarrassing. If he doesn't make UKAR's Top Ten Moments of the year, there's no justice.


Probably the best place to be down there to be honest.... :sick: I never realised George said "err" so much. And please Planes TV, learn how to spell receive...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 2:43 pm

Before PTV put it behind their paywall, scroll back to the parachutist commentator's bit about the "United...flag" followed by either a belch or throwing up. Highlight of the show so far!

Still, no worse than Jonathan Ruffle at Cosford.
User avatar
Dan O'Hagan

Re: Eastbourne

Postby st24 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 3:16 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:Before PTV put it behind their paywall, scroll back to the parachutist commentator's bit about the "United...flag" followed by either a belch or throwing up. Highlight of the show so far!

Still, no worse than Jonathan Ruffle at Cosford.


:grin: Spiffing stuff, as you say a definite highlight. Sounds like they've just found a local wide boy in the nearest boozer and said "read this and make the rest up!" :snack:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 3:47 pm

ah dammit I had the sound off when the parachutists were on.

st24 wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:Paternity Leave.
yes, does look a bit odd!


Aah right thanks Nige... I dunno, never heard of such slacking in my day!!


Aye, different times Geoff. Its even expected that new fathers will miss airshows these days. We got away with paring it back a bit in our day :grin:
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
User avatar
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Re: Eastbourne

Postby capercaillie on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 3:57 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:ah dammit I had the sound off when the parachutists were on.

st24 wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:Paternity Leave.
yes, does look a bit odd!


Aah right thanks Nige... I dunno, never heard of such slacking in my day!!


Aye, different times Geoff. Its even expected that new fathers will miss airshows these days. We got away with paring it back a bit in our day :grin:


May I remind you of Fairford 1996 (see what I did there) :dummy:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Eastbourne

Postby st24 on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 9:12 pm

capercaillie wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:ah dammit I had the sound off when the parachutists were on.

st24 wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:Paternity Leave.
yes, does look a bit odd!


Aah right thanks Nige... I dunno, never heard of such slacking in my day!!


Aye, different times Geoff. Its even expected that new fathers will miss airshows these days. We got away with paring it back a bit in our day :grin:


May I remind you of Fairford 1996 (see what I did there) :dummy:

Below the belt mate.... I still made 2 days.... :facepalm: :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Tbolt on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 4:08 pm

I did Beachy Head today and it was a big disappointment. The only thing worth taking pictures of was the BBMF's entrance around Beachy Head which was very nice. Everyone else entering and exiting West was far out and or high, like the were purposely avoiding the public - a complete contrast to what we've had previous years. Doesn't make me want to go again.
User avatar
Tbolt

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Chris G on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 4:59 pm

Apparently it was mentioned in the pilots breifing to keep well away this year.
User avatar
Chris G

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Tbolt on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:06 pm

Thanks. Do you know if there was a reason given for that? Because I'm struggling to see a good reason for it.
User avatar
Tbolt

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Stagger2 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm

Quote....Everyone else entering and exiting West was far out and or high, like the were purposely avoiding....
Thanks for the Beachy Head feedback 'Tbolt'. Any chance you could add what aircraft "Everyone else" was, so that I can assess the likely case of getting a photo-op'? My hopes are for the Vixen coming from & rtb to the west + I had expected the Bronco to be a candidate for a shot or two?? MTIA.
(PS.. Bronco clearly from the East today) :wall:
Stagger2

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Stagger2 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:21 pm

Tbolt wrote:Thanks. Do you know if there was a reason given for that? Because I'm struggling to see a good reason for it.

Presumably 'Secondary Crowd' issues? But....when does a transit flight end & a 'display ' begin?
IMO it's a transit sector at that point & the 230 metre rule is not applicable!... but Hey! if it spoils another previously enjoyed pleasure, then crack-on!
Raises another seemingly uninteresting question..... Is it possible to 'freeload' at a free Air-show? :yahoo:
Stagger2

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Tbolt on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:28 pm

Stagger2 wrote:Quote....Everyone else entering and exiting West was far out and or high, like the were purposely avoiding....
Thanks for the Beachy Head feedback 'Tbolt'. Any chance you could add what aircraft "Everyone else" was, so that I can assess the likely case of getting a photo-op'? My hopes are for the Vixen coming from & rtb to the west + I had expected the Bronco to be a candidate for a shot or two?? MTIA.
(PS.. Bronco clearly from the East today) :wall:


Sure, the Sea Vixen wasn't there today so I can't help you with that one. The Vampies, JP's, the MiG-15 and like I said the BBMF all entered from around Beachy Head. The P-51, Blenhiem, Breitling Wing Walkers, Spitifre and Bronco all exited that direction.

But it was clear there were trying to avoid coming close as some where turning away before heading west again to exit and all the enterances and exits where high and far (other than the BBMF entrance).
User avatar
Tbolt

Re: Eastbourne

Postby Tbolt on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:32 pm

Stagger2 wrote:
Tbolt wrote:Thanks. Do you know if there was a reason given for that? Because I'm struggling to see a good reason for it.

Presumably 'Secondary Crowd' issues? But....when does a transit flight end & a 'display ' begin?
IMO it's a transit sector at that point & the 230 metre rule is not applicable!... but Hey! if it spoils another previously enjoyed pleasure, then crack-on!
Raises another seemingly uninteresting question..... Is it possible to 'freeload' at a free Air-show? :yahoo:


Exactly it's not really part of the display, but previous years when they came close it wasn't normally any closer than a display distance.

As for freeloading, Beachy Head is on the Offical Airbourne website as a place to view the show from so how can it be freeloading? And then why are they telling pilots to avoid it?
User avatar
Tbolt

Re: Eastbourne

Postby FGR2 on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 5:52 pm

That is a shame and another knee jerk reaction to Shoreham if that is the case.

What risk is there in an aircraft flying below you, over the sea in a straight line?

I was in two minds whether to go tomorrow, this has now made up my mind not to if the unique viewing and photo opportunities have now gone :(
FGR2

PreviousNext

Return to Seaside Shows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests