Great Yarmouth to host an airshow

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Danny

Re: Great Yarmouth to host an airshow

Post by Danny »

The Blades and Rutan Long-EZ added today according to Flightline.
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

rdchawk wrote:My only concern from this is how far out the display line will be.

Well, the main display lines will be 150m and 230m away from the nearest point the crowd can access (as with any other airshow). However some items may be able to display nearer dependant on any CAA exemptions and if the Flying Display Director is able to accept them. To quote the organisers:-

"Event planning is well under way, with safety always the top priority. Flight lines take into account the tide, areas where the public may be standing, offshore structures such as the Scroby Sands wind farm – and a need to keep spectator boats clear of danger.
"

The organisers have already said there will by a Maritime Exclusion Zone (MEZ) under the display area.

StevieS

Post by StevieS »

And unusually for a seafront show I dont believe the 2 Piers at Great Yarmouth extend out into the sea, which ought to allow the displays to be closer in than perhaps is normal!

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

More concerned with the windfarms and boats
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Milguy22

Post by Milguy22 »

First of the RAF participation has been announced. The RAF tutor will be displaying on Sunday only.

Milguy22

Post by Milguy22 »

Great war display team confirmed for both days.

Danny

Post by Danny »

Reds confirmed.
"Can you believe it? Chelsea will just not let go in the Champions League!"

jamyt123

Post by jamyt123 »

Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron Vampire Pair, Mark IX Spitfire (Old Flying Machine Company), Bronco & Strikemaster added to the flying display

https://www.great-yarmouth.co.uk/press- ... -jets.aspx
Coningsby Spotter

2024 - Midlands AF, Cosford, Sywell, RIAT etc...

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Flying display will be between 1pm and 5pm both days.
Whisky Connoisseur

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Aerosuperbatics Wingwalkers, Catalina and Muscle Pitts added to the flying display.
Whisky Connoisseur

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

George Bacon is display commentary for the show.
Whisky Connoisseur

Flyer

Post by Flyer »

The main problem I can see will be the traffic, there are basically 3 roads leading into Great Yarmouth, and Saturdays are a nightmare at the best of times, as it's change over day for the holiday camps and boarding houses. There's not many days go by when there's not a crash on the Acle straight either. The best way would be by train.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Whisky Connoisseur

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Flying times

Saturday 16th June
1pm-2pm
BBMF (Lancaster, Hurricane, Spitfire), Long EZ, The Blades, The Tigers Army Parachute Display Team

2pm - 3pm
The Great War Display Team, Gyro Air Displays, Wildcat Aerobatics

3pm - 4pm
RAF Red Arrows, Bronco, Strikemaster, Catalina

4pm - 5pm
Vampire Jets, Aerosuperbatics WingWalkers, Rich Goodwin Airshows, Spitfire

Sunday 17th June
1pm - 2pm
The Tigers Army Parachute Display Team, Long EZ, Rich Goodwin Airshows, Strikemaster, RAF Tutor Display Team

2pm - 3pm
BBMF (Hurricane, Spitfire), The Great War Display Team, Gyro Air Displays

3pm - 4pm
RAF Red Arrows, Bronco, Wildcat Aerobatics, Catalina

4pm - 5pm
Vampire Jets, The Blades, Aerosuperbatics WingWalkers, Spitfire

All air displays are subject to change depending on weather conditions and operational commitments that could take the military displays elsewhere at short notice. To keep up to date on the latest information follow us here or www.greatyarmouthairshow.co.uk
Whisky Connoisseur

Darren50

Post by Darren50 »

Greater Anglia have a guards strike on the Saturday. Might have an impact on any additional trains that might be running.

Mach3Management

Post by Mach3Management »

Hello,

I am Pierre-Henri "ATÉ" CHUET, French fighter pilot and former leader of the French Navy Rafale M tactical display.

I displayed last year at Yeovilton airshow as the leader of the two Rafale Navy jets and my team was fortunate enough to take home one of the best-fixed wing display award. (I am the guy wearing a helmet with a French and Canadian flag). UK Airshow Review was really nice with us last year, I hope you guys shared their opinion on our performance! We really put in the effort!

I am transitioning out of the military and decided to share my experience through a Virtual Reality flight simulator company that I called Mach 3 Management.

We created a thread in the Aviation Waffle side of the forum.

We will be at the Great Yarmouth airshow so do not hesitate to stop by or give our simulators a try!
If you feel like learning more about aviation we'll have aviation classes with 45 minutes briefing at either 11h00 or 17h00.

Thank you UKAR for helping us launch Mach 3 Management! They gave us authorization to advertise our new concept on this forum.

Cheers,

“Ate”
http://mach3management.com

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Went today and for the 1st time the show happened I have to admit I was impressed with the running of it. Easily in and out on park and ride, with plenty of buses being used. Flying display was good, rich Goodwin was awesome. Vampire pair very disappointed, took ages between flypasts for some reason. Also apart from the delay when bronco was supposed to be on (displayed later in the end) the flying display ran smoothly. We'll done to the organisers, hopefully some fast jets and possible foreign participants next year to grow the show!!
Whisky Connoisseur

Milguy22

Post by Milguy22 »

I agree with the above, great show for the first. I have a question though: I spent yesterday at Gorleston watching the show from a distant and will be going to GY today to show support. Yesterday, at Gorleston it was incredibly busy, with the beach packed and air show marshalls and a free car park, but my question is, does the crowd at Gorleston class as a secondary crowd? Aircraft ( even the reds) were holding there and flying low over the beach and prom area which was packed with people. What do the regs say? Just curious to know, and by no means a criticism of the show put on by the organisers. Looking forward to Day 2!

StevieS

Post by StevieS »

I heard that when the Bronco arrived into Seething from Belgium in the morning it had a technical snag so the pilot had to fly all the way back to Belgium to fix it and then return, but unfortunately he couldn't get back in time for his original display slot, but the organisers fitted him into the programmme later on, to acknowledge his comittment to displaying!

The issue for the jet dsiplays was that they had to comply with restrictions around the bird colony on Scroby Sands, which was forcing them to fly wider patterns than normal.