Bournemouth Air Festival 2019

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
lynothehammer

Re: Bournemouth Air Festival 2019

Post by lynothehammer »

Strikemaster Display Team added to flying programme...

tache3
UKAR Supporter

Post by tache3 »

Harvo266 wrote:As a local I always find the cliff top the best place

Hi. Would you be able to give me the location/directions to this area please? I've never attended this show before, so are therefore not familiar with it.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

tache3 wrote:

Hi. Would you be able to give me the location/directions to this area please? I've never attended this show before, so are therefore not familiar with it.

Many thanks in advance.

You are looking for anywhere along East Overcliff Drive, crowd centre is around Meyrick Rd. You can park in the multi storey car park at Madeira Road and it’s a less than ten minute walk from there.

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

tache3 wrote:

Many thanks in advance.

As Paul has said, the clifftop is on East Overcliff Drive. There's quite a bit of parking in town center but be prepared to get there in enough time and open your wallet a little, for a whole day would most likely be £10+.
Nikon D500

tache3
UKAR Supporter

Post by tache3 »

Many thanks for the information gents, much appreciated.

frank

Post by frank »

Do most of the jets use Bournemouth Airport as a base and what is the spotting like there.
TIA

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

From experience, you can see/photograph based displays on the airport, departing & landing. Parking is the main issue & I've never solved that one! :dunno:

frank

Post by frank »

How about the Aviation Museum - looks to be near the keys on the West Side or the long term car park on the east. I can see the six foot fences but maybe ok on approach or take off - maybe ?

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Possibility of the Museum allowing extended parking for the price of Museum Entry? (contact them & let me know please?) :wink: The car-park is shared with Adventure Wonderland which may become busy with families on holidays? Never visited the museum since it moved off-airport, but the ground is elevated there to afford views onto the runway/ 08 threshold at a fair distance. Access to the northern industrial area adjacent 08 is via a Security controlled barrier. Double yellows with few pull-ins make the approach road hopeless. :dunno:
For r/w 26 use the small carpark on Matchams Lane (700 metres North of centre-line) & walk? There are numerous pull-ins closer, but they tend to fill early. Many 'ejits' completely block the emergency gate & access on Matchams Lane some 355metres north of the Hurn junction. :facepalm: The northern industrial site at the eastern end is accessed by numerous HGV, vans & loads of cars! All using a single track causeway & the access road & junction is usually rigidly kept clear by airfield patrols! :surrender: HTH.

frank

Post by frank »

That definitely helps a lot, many thanks
Will ring the Museum and come back to you about extended parking
thanks
Frank

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

I've always like going on the pier at Bournemouth. It's at the end of the display line, but you still get to see everything close up and the sun is more at your side than in your face as the afternoon wears on.

RosscoPCole

Post by RosscoPCole »

Has anyone got the schedule yet so I can figure out which day to go?
Thanks in advance.

frank

Post by frank »

Reds Rolling wrote:I've always like going on the pier at Bournemouth. It's at the end of the display line, but you still get to see everything close up and the sun is more at your side than in your face as the afternoon wears on.

So where is display centre - is it east of the pier

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq »

RosscoPCole wrote:Has anyone got the schedule yet so I can figure out which day to go?
Thanks in advance.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPEJwZ3o9 ... =youtu.be#

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq »

frank wrote:
Reds Rolling wrote:I've always like going on the pier at Bournemouth. It's at the end of the display line, but you still get to see everything close up and the sun is more at your side than in your face as the afternoon wears on.

Display centre is halfway between Bournemouth and Boscombe piers.

Adie1980

Post by Adie1980 »

bizfreeq wrote:
frank wrote:

Sorry to be pedantic, but it used to be halfway between Bournemouth and Boscombe piers.
It's now moved east, slightly more closer to Boscombe Pier (since Shoreham)
Just trying to be helpful! :grin:

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Has anyone used the Park & Ride? thinking of taking the family on the Friday but never used the P&R. Just wondering how often the buses / coaches are?

Fingers crossed the Draken is flying Friday.

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

Adie1980 wrote:
bizfreeq wrote:
frank wrote:

Sorry to be pedantic, but it used to be halfway between Bournemouth and Boscombe piers.
It's now moved east, slightly more closer to Boscombe Pier (since Shoreham)
Just trying to be helpful! :grin:

Fantastic, my B & B is... sorry Hotel, is up the Boscombe Pier end, up Sea Lane! :biggrin:

FB :cuppa:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Is there a live feed on Saturday or Sunday.Planes Tv perhaps

Thankyou

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

P8 flypast on Friday afternoon, something different :clap:
Thomas

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

jules48 wrote:Is there a live feed on Saturday or Sunday.Planes Tv perhaps

Thankyou

Highly unlikely sadly (PlanesTV), can’t remember the last time they attended, maybe 2013?

I’m fairly sure the Bournemouth Air Festival Team provide a livestream, the same feed that is put on to the screens on the beach. The link will he posted online at some point I’d imagine.
Nikon D500

Adie1980

Post by Adie1980 »

jules48 wrote:Is there a live feed on Saturday or Sunday.Planes Tv perhaps

Thankyou

I'm sure Wave 105 (one of the local radio stations) have streamed it live before on their website?
Worth a look tomorrow at least

Area51

Post by Area51 »

lynothehammer wrote:Has anyone used the Park & Ride? thinking of taking the family on the Friday but never used the P&R. Just wondering how often the buses / coaches are?

Not used it personally, as I live close to the town anyway, but using the P&R or public transport is certainly the way to go. Not sure on frequency, probably half-hourly, but they run from 9am-11pm. Depending on where you're coming from, another alternative is to park somewhere out of the town & catch a local bus from there to the town centre, or Boscombe, and walk. Extra local buses are being put on for the event, certainly from Ringwood & Poole at least. The roads into the town centre will be jammed-up, as they are every year, so its best to avoid aiming to drive into the town. I've found that parking sensibly in a residential street near the Castlepoint shopping centre & catching a bus from there into town can be very easy, with buses from 2 local companies running every few minutes from that area for less than £3 return (or at least it used to cost that). Worth considering...
Cheers,
Olly

jules48

Post by jules48 »

.I seem to remember watching it last year on the Saturday or Sunday.Must have been the Festivals live stream.

Thanks for your help.

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

i used the park and ride last year and were very frequent at around 12 when i arrived only problem was the evening ones which were a little less frequent
Thomas