Teignmouth Air Show 2019

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Witchcraft24

Teignmouth Air Show 2019

Post by Witchcraft24 »

Anybody know how this is progressing?
I see that they have secured the Typhoon, but their rather limited website mentions a final decision regarding whether they enough funds to proceed - is it a go?

SilentFlight

Re: Teignmouth Air Show 2019

Post by SilentFlight »

Its progressing! Meetings this week to discuss participation, so hopefully some more info soon.

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

The organisers have confirmed the RAF Typhoon, Solo BBMF Spitfire, Pitts Special, Blades and Yak-3 for the display. Sadly, there was no suitable DZ for the Falcons so they have been turned down.

captainfurious

Post by captainfurious »

I was in Swansea today but wondered if anyone visitied Teignmouth and how was it?

Logster

Post by Logster »

I popped along for the last hour and saw the typhoon and hurricane. Beautiful weather and beautiful setting. Enjoyed the typhoon from near town on a raised railway bridge and was a great view. Then walked back up the hill to the field at the top of Eastcliff. A bit distant there but through binoculars the sight of a hurricane diving down over the sea in the town I grew up in was gorgeous...
The displays were very spaced out earlier in the afternoon and someone I spoke to said that gave it the feel of a funday (lots of stuff going on on the seafront) with the odd air display.
People seemed to be having fun though and for the first year it was organised I think it went very well. New events need all the encouragement they can get and I’ll certainly support in the future where I can...well done organisers!