Teignmouth Airshow 2020

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
SilentFlight

Teignmouth Airshow 2020

Post by SilentFlight »

From their FB Page:
Although we are living in uncertain times and things as we know it are changing on a daily basis we wanted to share some news with you all....

Teignmouth Airshow 2020 has been chosen as a display venue for the RAF Red Arrows, RAF Typhoon Display Team & the Spitfire from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight !!

At this current moment in time we are continuing to keep up to date with government guidance and with the uncertainty we face we are still continuing with our planning should the Airshow be a possibility in 2020.

With that being said several of our fundraising events have now been postponed. Meaning it will be a tough battle to raise the funds needed and appreciate that in these uncertain times budgets are going to be tight.

However as a committee we strongly believe that it is important to have something to look forward to to lift our community’s spirits, as well as potentially boosting the local economy after what is going to be a very worrying couple of months.

We will of course keep you all updated, and want to thank everyone again for the wonderful support shown. Hopefully this news will bring a ray of positivity during these hard times.

We hope you are all staying well, and looking after those around you. Best wishes, Teignmouth Airshow Committee

Berf

Re: Teignmouth Airshow 2020

Post by Berf »

Is that the one 3-5 July?

SilentFlight

Post by SilentFlight »

Berf wrote:Is that the one 3-5 July?

It is, flying is 'planned' for the 4th. Sadly as its a completely funded through sponsors and fundraising, all the fundraising events are within the 12 week period of distancing.

CJS

Post by CJS »

No way, literally no way, that this is going to go ahead.

I'm all for optimism, really I am, but this is lulling people in to a false sense of 'I might get to an airshow this year', surely to goodness?!
You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

TheJannerDave

Post by TheJannerDave »

With Torbay this is one of my local airshows,it was announced last week by the organisers that the show has been cancelled, all funds raised carried over to next year.