Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby jalfrezi on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 5:06 pm

The Nazi Party was a 'party' in name only, all of the power was in the hands of one person.

Words are cheap, you judge someone or something based on their actions, not what they say.....
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Postby jalfrezi on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 5:36 pm

This is why Boris's word are cheap....

He believes in Brexit as much as I do, but his backers want us out of the EU so they can either profit from it, keep their tax affairs hidden, or both.

It just fills me with despair when I see people lapping up what he says as the truth when he's a proven liar, I even saw him referred to as 'Lionheart' on a BBC HYS comment, it and he is a joke. :wall:
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 5:47 pm

jalfrezi wrote:Words are cheap, you judge someone or something based on their actions, not what they say.....

You mean like this....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49986409
Boris Johnson is under fire for failing to provide details of his contacts with US businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri to a London Assembly inquiry.

The PM responded to the assembly's request for information on Tuesday.
But the assembly said the letter it received - marked "confidential and not for publication" - did not answer any of its questions.

Mr Johnson denies claims of a conflict of interest over his friendship with Ms Arcuri when he was London mayor.

The assembly had asked for details and a timeline of all contact between the pair, including private text messages and emails.

A London Assembly spokeswoman told the BBC the letter "doesn't answer any of the questions we asked", adding: "I can't understand why it is labelled confidential."

In a statement, Len Duvall, Labour chairman of the committee, said: "We did finally receive a response from Boris Johnson, through his solicitors, which they have indicated may not be published. At this stage we are respecting that, but we are seeking further clarification.
Nothing in the response, in our opinion, reflects the need for confidentiality. In fact, the response is insufficient as far as our request for information is concerned.
Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Tommy on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 6:19 pm

MiG_Eater wrote:
...although I think your last sentence is pretty unpleasant. Feelings are running so high and this thread has really become quite unnecessarily nasty.

I truly am grateful for the thought, but, and I’ve got to note it, you've spent the past few weeks mocking calls to tone down the language, and now you’re saying it’s unnecessarily nasty? Which is it?
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Finningley Boy on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 7:08 pm

Paul_Reflex wrote:Btw FB, ‘global order’ - careful now, you presumably wouldn’t want to trade in antisemetic tropes.

I haven't got a clue what you're getting at Paul? What has anti-Semitism got to do with the aim of World Government? Just bear in mind, you mentioned anti-Semitic first, for all your comment implies.

FB :cuppa:

PS Jalfrezi, you queried why II described Sinn Fein as being a left-win party, click on the link below and scroll down to the bottom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinn_F%C3%A9in
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Postby Finningley Boy on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 7:23 pm

MiG_Eater wrote:
Finningley Boy wrote: It would appear the message is, the IRA determine whether there will be a Brexit withdrawal deal or not, and that mister, is the truth. Thomas Mair did not fit anything quite like this kind of billing at all.

100% agree with that FB.

...although I think your last sentence is pretty unpleasant. Feelings are running so high and this thread has really become quite unnecessarily nasty.

Apologies Mig-Eater, but by labelling someone a terrorist, as bad an accusation as it is, it affords a cognitive agility and coherence to Thomas Mair, in this case, which he didn't possess. He was what used to be termed care in the community.
Hope that explains my point.

Finningley Boy

Postby Paul_Reflex on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 8:20 pm

Finningley Boy wrote:
Paul_Reflex wrote:Btw FB, ‘global order’ - careful now, you presumably wouldn’t want to trade in antisemetic tropes.

I haven't got a clue what you're getting at Paul? What has anti-Semitism got to do with the aim of World Government? Just bear in mind, you mentioned anti-Semitic first, for all your comment implies.

You are right, I did mention antisemitism first because the internationalist/world government/new world order conspiracy theory has been used as a stick to beat Jews with for over a century. When I was young and first heard about the NWO it was always the Rothschilds, but now it seems to be George Soros that’s in the frame, but it’s always jews. There is plenty to read on this if you care to look.

I’m not going respond further as, frankly, it makes me angry.
Paul_Reflex

Postby Finningley Boy on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 8:26 pm

Paul_Reflex wrote:
Finningley Boy wrote:

You are right, I did mention antisemitism first because the internationalist/world government/new world order conspiracy theory has been used as a stick to beat Jews with for over a century. When I was young and first heard about the NWO it was always the Rothschilds, but now it seems to be George Soros that’s in the frame, but it’s always jews. There is plenty to read on this if you care to look.

I’m not going respond further as, frankly, it makes me angry.

Personally, I'd no idea perhaps because the Global centralization I'm thinking of stems from the notion of the global economy and what comes next. By the way, just so I know what you're driving at in your parting comment, what makes you angry?
Finningley Boy

Postby Tommy on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 8:51 pm

Finningley Boy wrote:
I don't think I've referred to the IRA in every other post, so don't exaggerate.

You have though.

Finningley Boy wrote: If you weren't trying to allude to Brexiteers as being tacitly behind Thomas Mair, what were you trying to suggest?

That regardless of him being a colossal knob and, I repeat, not representing anyone other than himself, for him to use the awful sound bites and language that Farage and the more tin-can Brexiteers used is a problem.

For Nigel Farage to then declare that the referendum was won without a shot being fired was beyond douchey. Even in normal circumstances you don’t say stuff like that. If I can use an crap analogy, you don’t say “the football match was won without us blowing up another football club!” Well, yeah, sure, but why would someone ever need to say that, anyway? It would be especially douchey if it was said less than a week after a fan of that club, regardless of the other fans denouncing him (not nearly quickly or loudly enough, I might add) did just that act whilst shouting some of the clubs more toxic slogans. And instead of the fans saying the obvious “boy this nut-job took all our vociferous Facebook memes and propaganda seriously and killed someone. Perhaps we ought to tone this down” and instead started talking about stupid tinfoil hat conspiracies.

Whilst the referendum wasn’t part of the case to prove his guilt (because they didn’t need to):

Prosecutors acknowledge privately that the febrile atmosphere in which the EU referendum campaign was waged appears certain to have contributed to Mair’s decision to murder his MP

Finningley Boy wrote: And Thomas Mair is only a Terrorist to folk like you because you're psychology is to seek and identify someone who represents right wing views as equally squalid as all the extreme left and uber fundamentalist terror groups who are defined by their attempts to over throw Governments by violence.

Eh? Jesus, are you David Ike or something? The Royal Family are all lizard people etc?

No, pal, my psychology is to follow the law, which some Brexiteers are pretty fast and loose with, apparently.

He was convicted in exactly the same way Lee Rigby’s killers were, who were also terrorists.

You can take all your “psychology” BS, and it is the stinkiest of BS, and put it somewhere else.

Finningley Boy wrote: By saying he was elevated to the rank of terrorist, what I meant was, terrorists however zealous and unrealistic, have a coherent plan to conduct the kind campaigns as I've just described above.

I reiterate, you’re wrong, and it matters not one iota what you think.

Finningley Boy wrote: It would appear the message is, the IRA determine whether there will be a Brexit withdrawal deal or not, and that mister, is the truth.

Grade-a, gold-plated, industrial-strength twaddle, my friend. And if so, if your mighty dream is so easily burst, how did you lot not predict this? With your clever negotiating tactics and keeping your cards close to your chest.

So who’s fault is it? Nasty courts? Nasty EU? Nasty remainers? Nasty IRA? Nasty... Christ knows.

Anyone but the Brexiteers, eh?

Finningley Boy wrote:Talk about melt-down I rather imagine your Brain is a sizzling grey pulp on its radioactive way through the Earth's crust at present. You sir could well be a one man environmental catastrophe!

Phwoar, you think of that insult all on your own? I’m one of the easiest people in the world to insult, and that’s the best you’ve got? It doesn’t even make sense. And why is “Brain” capitalised?

Melt-down? I mentioned Jo Cox as part of a much wider response to ExVulcanGC and you’re the one that came in broadsiding conspiracies and the IRA and “left wing ISIS” or whatever the crap nonsense you’re on even about.

Come on, mate. Have another crack at it - on the house. :grin:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby cg_341 on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 9:42 pm

Oh Tommy, your responses do make me chuckle! Long may they continue? I'm not sure that's strictly what the forum needs due to how they come about, but you get the gist.
cg_341

Postby MiG_Eater on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 10:58 pm

Tommy wrote:
MiG_Eater wrote:

I truly am grateful for the thought, but, and I’ve got to note it, you've spent the past few weeks mocking calls to tone down the language, and now you’re saying it’s unnecessarily nasty? Which is it?

I hope your gratitude is sincere, because my concern was! This is a forum where we all share a common interest, and I hope that we could all share a table at a pub, or space on crowd line together and have a good time, but it worries me when political disagreement does get into the realms of personal insult.

I didn't mock calls to tone down language in parliament, I criticised it. I think there was some deliberate attempts to misinterpret combative metaphors for actual violent language. I don't think there was any disrespect or rudeness intended.

With regard to this forum - debate is utterly, utterly pointless if either side has no respect for the other, and I honestly feel as though the vast majority of posts are screams of rage into oblivion that will ultimately do nothing useful, for anyone.

Nobody has ever changed anybodies mind by brute force. The only way we will get anywhere is by trying to understand each other a bit more, which I have wholeheartedly tried to - and I hope it is clear that I have been happy to concede some points (it almost always seems to be to Paul Reflex, incidentally). I am not so proud.

Nevertheless, I have my views. They are different from almost everybody I know (although, somehow leave still won - despite seemingly nobody wanting to admit to having voted that way) - but my views are real, sincere and important to me.
MiG_Eater

Postby CJS on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 5:28 am

Tommy wrote:Eh? Jesus, are you David Ike or something?

Whether you meant it to be or not, this is extremely clever Tommy :grin: :clap:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby Finningley Boy on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 6:09 am

Tommy wrote:
Finningley Boy wrote:
I don't think I've referred to the IRA in every other post, so don't exaggerate.

You have though.

Finningley Boy wrote: If you weren't trying to allude to Brexiteers as being tacitly behind Thomas Mair, what were you trying to suggest?

That regardless of him being a colossal knob and, I repeat, not representing anyone other than himself, for him to use the awful sound bites and language that Farage and the more tin-can Brexiteers used is a problem.

For Nigel Farage to then declare that the referendum was won without a shot being fired was beyond douchey. Even in normal circumstances you don’t say stuff like that. If I can use an crap analogy, you don’t say “the football match was won without us blowing up another football club!” Well, yeah, sure, but why would someone ever need to say that, anyway? It would be especially douchey if it was said less than a week after a fan of that club, regardless of the other fans denouncing him (not nearly quickly or loudly enough, I might add) did just that act whilst shouting some of the clubs more toxic slogans. And instead of the fans saying the obvious “boy this nut-job took all our vociferous Facebook memes and propaganda seriously and killed someone. Perhaps we ought to tone this down” and instead started talking about stupid tinfoil hat conspiracies.

Whilst the referendum wasn’t part of the case to prove his guilt (because they didn’t need to):

Prosecutors acknowledge privately that the febrile atmosphere in which the EU referendum campaign was waged appears certain to have contributed to Mair’s decision to murder his MP

Finningley Boy wrote: And Thomas Mair is only a Terrorist to folk like you because you're psychology is to seek and identify someone who represents right wing views as equally squalid as all the extreme left and uber fundamentalist terror groups who are defined by their attempts to over throw Governments by violence.

Eh? Jesus, are you David Ike or something? The Royal Family are all lizard people etc?

No, pal, my psychology is to follow the law, which some Brexiteers are pretty fast and loose with, apparently.

He was convicted in exactly the same way Lee Rigby’s killers were, who were also terrorists.

You can take all your “psychology” BS, and it is the stinkiest of BS, and put it somewhere else.

Finningley Boy wrote: By saying he was elevated to the rank of terrorist, what I meant was, terrorists however zealous and unrealistic, have a coherent plan to conduct the kind campaigns as I've just described above.

I reiterate, you’re wrong, and it matters not one iota what you think.

Finningley Boy wrote: It would appear the message is, the IRA determine whether there will be a Brexit withdrawal deal or not, and that mister, is the truth.

Grade-a, gold-plated, industrial-strength twaddle, my friend. And if so, if your mighty dream is so easily burst, how did you lot not predict this? With your clever negotiating tactics and keeping your cards close to your chest.

So who’s fault is it? Nasty courts? Nasty EU? Nasty remainers? Nasty IRA? Nasty... Christ knows.

Anyone but the Brexiteers, eh?

Finningley Boy wrote:Talk about melt-down I rather imagine your Brain is a sizzling grey pulp on its radioactive way through the Earth's crust at present. You sir could well be a one man environmental catastrophe!

Phwoar, you think of that insult all on your own? I’m one of the easiest people in the world to insult, and that’s the best you’ve got? It doesn’t even make sense. And why is “Brain” capitalised?

Melt-down? I mentioned Jo Cox as part of a much wider response to ExVulcanGC and you’re the one that came in broadsiding conspiracies and the IRA and “left wing ISIS” or whatever the crap nonsense you’re on even about.

Come on, mate. Have another crack at it - on the house. :grin:

Tommy,

Calm down and go and get your meds. Read your own posts, you're ranting and on the edge of being demented. So was Lee Harvey Oswald a Terrorist or a Patsy? How about Sirhan Sirhan? Or James Earl Ray? How about Mark David Chapman? There's a bright British Lawyer called Fenton Bresler who wrote a book about the murder of John Lennon, he tried to make out that Ronald Reagan was behind it for political reasons? I suppose that would make Chapman a terrorist too and by extension, Reagan? I understand the young lady who attacked MP Stephen Timms with a knife was dubbed a terrorist, because she sympathised with Al Qeada, for all its worth I wouldn't call her a terrorist either, mad, bad and dangerous yes, but not a terrorist. Ok that's my one on the house! :wink:

FB
Finningley Boy

Postby Mooshie1956 on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 7:47 pm

And just to prove that not all terrorist are lefties https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50003759
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby psquiddy on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 10:56 pm

Positive brexit news?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49995133

Mr Varadkar told reporters the talks were at a "very sensitive stage" but were "very positive and very promising".
He said he was now "convinced" the UK wants an agreement, saying: "I do see a pathway towards an agreement in the coming weeks."

Well thats good then isn't it?
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk
psquiddy

Postby Finningley Boy on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 6:26 am

Mooshie1956 wrote:And just to prove that not all terrorist are lefties https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50003759

I suppose I've to respond to the link. The one thing that is constant about all the right-wing extremist attacks is they are all lone individuals, no coordination, no network, no Terror Group, always lone attackers. At one time they would have been dismissed as such.

FB
Finningley Boy

Postby Tommy on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 7:07 am

Finningley Boy wrote:Calm down and go and get your meds.

*this is great banter it really is gif*

Finningley Boy wrote:Read your own posts, you're ranting and on the edge of being demented. So was Lee Harvey Oswald a Terrorist or a Patsy? How about Sirhan Sirhan? Or James Earl Ray? How about Mark David Chapman? There's a bright British Lawyer called Fenton Bresler who wrote a book about the murder of John Lennon, he tried to make out that Ronald Reagan was behind it for political reasons? I suppose that would make Chapman a terrorist too and by extension, Reagan? I understand the young lady who attacked MP Stephen Timms with a knife was dubbed a terrorist, because she sympathised with Al Qeada, for all its worth I wouldn't call her a terrorist either, mad, bad and dangerous yes, but not a terrorist.

For the, what, the fourth time? It matters not a single molecule of a jot what you “think” versus what the law is.

I’m not arguing about the IRA, or Sirhan Sirhan, or Lee Harvey Oswald or whomever else. Your whataboutery is uninsightful, undignified and uninspiring as a position.

Mair was considered by the courts as a terrorist. That’s all. You can argue about whether the law was wrong with me in a different thread, but the courts convicted him of murder and treated him as a terrorist. Therefore, he’s a terrorist. Again, I knew that some Brexiteers didn’t really respect the law and courts as of late, but this is beginning to get tiresome.

Here, from the CPS - talking about Schedule 2 of the Counter Terrorism Act:

...the killings of Lee Rigby and Jo Cox MP were charged as murder but both amounted to a terrorism offence and those responsible for the 21/7 bombings were charged with conspiracy to cause explosions, which also amounted to terrorism offences. In all of these cases those convicted are considered terrorists

If the courts have considered him to be a terrorist, then unless there’s some sort of exoneration or retrospective change in the law, then that’s what he is. Regardless of your own personal views of what does and does not constitute one.

All your stupid “lefties are the *real* terrorists” rhetoric or whatever the point you’re trying to make melts in the face of objective truth.

What happened here is that you said something, you were found and proven to be wrong, but you’re to embarrassed or insecure to admit that you were wrong, and so you doubled down on your nonsense and drove your logic straight into the ground. And I’ve had to pick it all apart to show you how wrong you are, and I hasten to add that I haven’t needed to resort to irrelevant and crappy personal insults to do so.

Finningley Boy wrote:Ok that's my one on the house! :wink:

Heh, was it? Imagine being given a shot on the house to roast a posh white Welsh bloke who went to public school, is a lawyer, and is called “Tom Jones” and wasting it so spectacularly. Smh.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby rockfordstone on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 9:19 am

Finningley Boy wrote:Tommy,

Calm down and go and get your meds. Read your own posts, you're ranting and on the edge of being demented. So was Lee Harvey Oswald a Terrorist or a Patsy? How about Sirhan Sirhan? Or James Earl Ray? How about Mark David Chapman? There's a bright British Lawyer called Fenton Bresler who wrote a book about the murder of John Lennon, he tried to make out that Ronald Reagan was behind it for political reasons? I suppose that would make Chapman a terrorist too and by extension, Reagan? I understand the young lady who attacked MP Stephen Timms with a knife was dubbed a terrorist, because she sympathised with Al Qeada, for all its worth I wouldn't call her a terrorist either, mad, bad and dangerous yes, but not a terrorist. Ok that's my one on the house! :wink:

FB

telling someone to go get their meds because they are borderline demented on world mental health day is a bit insensitive don't you think?
rockfordstone

Postby Finningley Boy on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 11:30 am

rockfordstone wrote:

FB

telling someone to go get their meds because they are borderline demented on world mental health day is a bit insensitive don't you think?

I had no idea, wouldn't, didn't make the connection, there's a day for everything under the present climate which entitles people to be automatically offended. Look Rockford, take a read at Tommy's posts in response to me, everyone is a analysed dig, never an overall reply, he loves to stack up his own withering exited responses to every point he can dig out to address individually at my own integrity, lucidness, comprehension, knowledge and personal opinion and the angrier he gets at my attempts to explain my opinion (usually responding to a demand for such from him) the more intemperate he gets. Now you can be further outraged at this reply if you like, but 'frankly my dear, I don't give damn!' We live in an age where it doesn't do to voice or record an opinion which doesn't hold with the common inertia of woke thinking.

FB

FB
Finningley Boy

Postby pbeardmore on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 11:37 am

"We live in an age where"............

adult, reasoned and grown up debates are rail roaded by contributions which.........well, are none of these three and worse. Such a shame as there has been some really good debate on this thread. Always get's dragged down to playground level.

PS we live in an age when (not where)
Last edited by pbeardmore on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby rockfordstone on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 11:46 am

Finningley Boy wrote:
rockfordstone wrote:

FB

I had no idea, wouldn't, didn't make the connection, there's a day for everything under the present climate which entitles people to be automatically offended. Look Rockford, take a read at Tommy's posts in response to me, everyone is a analysed dig, never an overall reply, he loves to stack up his own withering exited responses to every point he can dig out to address individually at my own integrity, lucidness, comprehension, knowledge and personal opinion and the angrier he gets at my attempts to explain my opinion (usually responding to a demand for such from him) the more intemperate he gets. Now you can be further outraged at this reply if you like, but 'frankly my dear, I don't give damn!' We live in an age where it doesn't do to voice or record an opinion which doesn't hold with the common inertia of woke thinking.

FB

FB

Where did you get "outrage" out of my post? I merely made a suggestion.
Not a matter of being woke. You are welcome to make your point, and god forbid disagree, but can make it without accusing someone of being demented.
As for reading his posts, I have done. One could argue that you either rise to his bait, or responding in order to troll. Maybe if you took a more 'frankly my dear, I don't give damn!' attitude to his posts and ignored them you wouldn't be outraged enough to roll out the tired old trope about people being too offended or too woke in the same response.
rockfordstone

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 12:19 pm

So......anyway.........
BREXIT
That is, after all, what this topic is supposed to be about, despite FB's repeated attempts to turn it into anything but.
If he wants to have a discussion on who is or isn't a terrorist, who is or isn't left/right-wing, who is or isn't Marxist/Stalinist/Communist/NAZI/ or whatever, then start another bloody topic ( or several topics ) instead.

Again.....this is the BREXIT topic.

psquiddy wrote:Positive brexit news?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49995133

Mr Varadkar told reporters the talks were at a "very sensitive stage" but were "very positive and very promising".
He said he was now "convinced" the UK wants an agreement, saying: "I do see a pathway towards an agreement in the coming weeks."

Well thats good then isn't it?

Hopefully, yes.
More so with today's : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50016853
Brevet Cable

Postby iainpeden on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 12:21 pm

Definition of "woke" in this context, please.
iainpeden

Postby Finningley Boy on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 12:45 pm

iainpeden wrote:Definition of "woke" in this context, please.

Hypersensitivity, thin skin!

Rockford,

There are a lot of implied remarks on here which I'll admit I approach quite directly then find someone like you questioning my choice of words again. But you picked on one word which I applied in more general terms referring to how easily people take offence at verbal discourse. You admittedly did not use the term outraged, I did, to highlight knee jerk instant offence. So, if you weren't offended by my post to Tommy, why did you take me to task, albeit politely. There are a lot of semantics and negative word play on here, as I've have said before, I'd happily put my point on one and not spend the next three pages engaged in a running series of back and forth insults. As you said, I shouldn't rise to Tommy's bait! Just what does that say about Tommy?

FB
Finningley Boy

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 2:46 pm

Still nothing whatsoever to do with BREXIT though. :roll:

This, on the other hand, is....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50019069
Brevet Cable

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic