What are UKARians watching on TV?

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Flare Path

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Post by Flare Path »

stuart n wrote:
RJC1878 wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:Confederations Cup.

Two superb fixtures this evening.

On paper anway, the bit of the Brazil vs Mexico game I saw was very poor!

I agree. However, that piece of skill by Neymar to set-up Jo was quite special.

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

We're normally latecomers to the big series.

From last year Sky Atlantic repeated all 8 Sopranos series so we caught up with them all then. :oops:

Recently we've watched:-
Boardwalk Empire
Game of Thrones - still catching up after downloading series 1 and 2
Continuum - SyFy time travel series.
Dexter since the beginning
Revolution - stopped after realizing all the episodes were becoming the same.
True Blood - we got fed up after 4 series
Hannibal - we watched the first 3 episodes and decide that it was not for us.
Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States - fascinating viewing
American Horror Story - both series were really very good.
Elementary - modern American take on Sherlock Holmes - another excellent US series
Playhouse Presents on Sky Arts - a bit patchy but there have been some excellent plays.

We actually watch very little live TV and tend to "timeshift" a lot of it. Also realized that most of these are US series but with the noteable exception of "Utopia" most UK output seems to be dreary cop/murder thriller stuff.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

82-1 here at Cardiff. Quite confident it will be England/India come Sunday at Edgbaston. :up:

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

pbeardmore wrote:Working my way through the Westwing at the moment, some of the episodes are way ahead of their time (gun control for example) and the acting is top notch, 2 more episodes tonight. Then thinking about revisiting Hill Street Blues

I agree about The West Wing, it was very good. I was a great fan of Hill Street Blues when it was first on, but having watched a couple of episodes fairly recently I don't think that it's aged very well. Although later, NYPD Blue has aged much better IMHO. Another series that I watched a few years ago was John Adams, about the American Revolution. I suspect that very few folks here in the UK would have watched it, but it was one of the very best series of programmes that I've ever seen.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Ben H
UKAR Supporter

Post by Ben H »

DeanW wrote:The only TV series I go out of my way to watch at the moment is New Girl!

What this man said! Absolutely brilliant TV!

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

How's about Once upon a Time? Ok, getting my coat. :oops:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Glorious weather here at Trent Bridge for the Yorkshire Bank 40 match between Nottinghamshire and Sussex. Sussex currently 174 - 4 off 31.3 overs. Gurney the pick of the bowlers, exquisite line and length.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

British and Irish Lions beat Australia 23-21 in the first Test in Brisbane. Champagne rugby. :win:

JackyRIATWilson

Post by JackyRIATWilson »

RJC1878 wrote:British and Irish Lions beat Australia 23-21 in the first Test in Brisbane. Champagne rugby. :win:

Cracking game, had to listen to it though! :wall:

Currently watching Royal Ascot, Mount Athos is my tip of the day!

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

RJC1878 wrote:British and Irish Lions beat Australia 23-21 in the first Test in Brisbane. Champagne rugby. :win:

Well done Wales !! :whistle: :lmao:
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!

Robin

Post by Robin »

Le Mans 24 hr race.

Robin.
Per Ardua ad Astra

JJC

Post by JJC »

The Americans (enjoying this immensely :clap:)

Confessions of an Alien Abductee was a good laugh. (long story short...she thinks the abductions are triggered by her eating 'Kentuckeh' [fried chicken, presumably].) :grin:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Brevet Cable wrote:

Well done Wales !! :whistle: :lmao:

:grin:

We wouldn't want the competition tarnished by cheating - would we? :tongue:

sjt

Post by sjt »

Agreed. Don't know anyone else who has seeen this though!

Glorious weather here at Trent Bridge for the Yorkshire Bank 40 match between Nottinghamshire and Sussex. Sussex currently 174 - 4 off 31.3 overs. Gurney the pick of the bowlers, exquisite line and length

What was final result, Notts had lost 2 wickets when I left the house
BARNEY ARMY! BARNEY ARMY!

Keep Britain Farming

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Glorious weather here at Trent Bridge for the Yorkshire Bank 40 match between Nottinghamshire and Sussex. Sussex currently 174 - 4 off 31.3 overs. Gurney the pick of the bowlers, exquisite line and length

James Taylor top scored for the home side with 48 and Samit Patel made 45 as Notts were bowled out for only 173 with the last seven wickets falling for just 47 in only 10 overs.

Earlier, after electing to bat first, Sussex reached 223-9 with Matt Machan making 68, with hopes of a bigger total stunted by the performance of Harry Gurney who took 5-48 for Notts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irrelevant, but me and James Taylor have both played in the same side for Shropshire CC. Hot prospect. Infact; Daniel Redfern, Jack Shantry and James Taylor all played for me. Oh, and I had the experience of facing a young Steven Thomas Finn.

Yes, not bad myself! :grin: :up:

Tim Laurence

Post by Tim Laurence »

Currently hooked on Breaking Bad and also looking forward to the final season of Dexter kicking off next Sunday night.

Tim

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

JJC wrote:Confessions of an Alien Abductee was a good laugh. (long story short...she thinks the abductions are triggered by her eating 'Kentuckeh' [fried chicken, presumably].) :grin:

It was! Loved the bit where the 'abductee' failed the lie detector test. She was not best pleased! :grin:

Abingdonman

Post by Abingdonman »

We were all up to watch Nik Wallenda walk the tightrope across the Grand Canyon without a safety harness or parachute etc :shock: .....we know he's competent and has been doing these things for years (and 1500ft is probably no more lethal than 200ft etc if he should fall) but with his T shirt rippling in a 30+mph wind,Wow...there is nothing like watching these things live :wink: ...

Liveforriat

Post by Liveforriat »

sjt wrote:
Agreed. Don't know anyone else who has seeen this though!

I have been watching Oliver stones untold history and have enjoyed it but it has been widely panned by academic historians and stone obviously has an agenda but still good viewing

Most respected historians warn about the legitimacy of anything that starts with "untold history"
Was once Liveforriat2007 but that wasnt a great year so Ive decided to simply live for RIAT period.

DrBenR

Post by DrBenR »

AlexC wrote:
JJC wrote:Confessions of an Alien Abductee was a good laugh. (long story short...she thinks the abductions are triggered by her eating 'Kentuckeh' [fried chicken, presumably].) :grin:

It was! Loved the bit where the 'abductee' failed the lie detector test. She was not best pleased! :grin:

What made me chuckle was that lie detector woman appeared to have a phallus with grass coming out the end of it on her table :grin: :grin:
OK - so it was a desert plant of some description with a funny camera angle. Think it was about 36/37 minutes into the program (can't check as my work computer is running of Belgian and American servers) Damn annoying for Youtube.

Ben R

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

DrBenR wrote:What made me chuckle was that lie detector woman appeared to have a phallus with grass coming out the end of it on her table.

Can't say I noticed that!

JJC

Post by JJC »

DrBenR wrote:
AlexC wrote:

What made me chuckle was that lie detector woman appeared to have a phallus with grass coming out the end of it on her table :grin: :grin:
OK - so it was a desert plant of some description with a funny camera angle. Think it was about 36/37 minutes into the program (can't check as my work computer is running of Belgian and American servers) Damn annoying for Youtube.

Ben R

Can't forget Mr 'I have extramarital relations with an extraterrestrial' either :lol:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Abingdonman

Post by Abingdonman »

We've just watched 'The man with 10 stone testicles' ...
this guy had a lot of balls to live with that lot hanging under him! :biggrin: ...
seriously though,it was an interesting programme showing the mans short straw in life & the compassion by others towards him etc..
he came across as very likeable and in the end we were kind of willing that he would survive a very long & difficult operation and have a happier outlook in life..
on which we're glad to say he did and has!

DanH

Post by DanH »

Abingdonman wrote:We've just watched 'The man with 10 stone testicles' ...
this guy had a lot of balls to live with that lot hanging under him! :biggrin: ...
seriously though,it was an interesting programme showing the mans short straw in life & the compassion by others towards him etc..
he came across as very likeable and in the end we were kind of willing that he would survive a very long & difficult operation and have a happier outlook in life..
on which we're glad to say he did and has!

I watched it as well and the thing that amazed me above all else was just how badly their health care system had failed him. I was particularly gobsmacked when his benefits were cut off after they found out that he had received money in donations to go towards paying for his operation.
Always seeking to lower the tone...

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

JJC wrote:Can't forget Mr 'I have extramarital relations with an extraterrestrial' either :lol:

Oh yes, he was a class 1 nutter. Liked the bit where he bought the 'perfect' colour pencils for his childish drawings. Think he also said that he had some sort of ET mother. :sick: