What are UKARians watching on TV?

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Brevet Cable

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Post by Brevet Cable »

Instead of :
I've just worked on the TV version of Snatch, following on from Fargo, crackle the streaming service have commissioned a 10 part tv series based on the Guy Richie movie

A slight alteration to the punctuation would make it read :
I've just worked on the TV version of Snatch. Following on from Fargo, crackle the streaming service have commissioned a 10 part tv series based on the Guy Richie movie

Which makes it less confusing.. :biggrin:
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

Yes it does. I presume "Crackle" is like Netflix and Amazon? Not familiar to me. Did they stream Fargo?
Listen to that Gipsy music.....

Dragon Rapide

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

sorry guys. I meant to say. Following on from the success of Fargo as a tv series. The network Crackle have decided on doing snatch as a tv show.

yes crackle is a streaming service like amazon prime or netflix.

i was a punter in the strip club with the rest of the cast. well i could think of worse jobs i suppose. :grin:
This is the way

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

I don't Crackle is available in the UK is it?

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

DerekF wrote:I don't Crackle is available in the UK is it?

I believe" think" is missing. :smile: :smile:
Read before you post.

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

You're right of course. I can easily correct it. What would be less easy to correct, it would seem, would be your attititde. (Enter token smilie face here)

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

And to answer Derek's question......no , you can't officially* use Crackle in the UK. They used to have a UK option , but they stopped it a few years ago.

* : You can , though , if you use the usual trick of logging on via an IP address spoofer ( so it thinks you're in the USA )
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

No Derek it's not available in the UK but the director said it may be bought by channel 4
This is the way

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

If you like dramas written by jimmy mcgovern. Watch out for his new one currently in production called broken. Stars Sean Bean as s Catholic priest dealing with the trials and tribulations that face himself and the congregation.
This is the way

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

9 episodes into series 6 of TWD.....more disjointed than previous series & they're still killing off various characters that you don't expect them to.
Nice to see 'psycho Carol' still on form , though -- the most interesting character in the show , as far as I'm concerned.
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Watched the film 'Tea with Mussolini' on Film4 yesterday, never seen it before, thought it was rather good. Particularly interesting for me as I very recently visited two of the main locations in the film, namely Florence and San Gimignano, both achingly beautiful places full of great art and architecture.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Just finished off series 6 of TWD.
Think they killed more living people than dead people in this series......and it's not one for the squeamish.
Still indulging in the current fad of introducing new characters , building up a storyline for them , then killing them off.
I also thought I must have missed an episode between 9 & 10 , as episode 10 consists of various characters 'bumping uglies' with no explanation & when they've had no prior relationship with each other.

Wonder how they'll work it for the start of series 7 ...... do they 'off' the character in line with the comics ( sorry...graphic novels :lol: ) which will upset a lot of people , or the character who isn't even in the comics ( which will upset even more people ) , or someone else ?
Or do they cop out & not actually kill anyone ( despite the impression the closing scene gave ) ?

At least it won't be crazy Carol ( who had some of the best - and best acted - scenes in series 6 )

Also attempted to watch series 1 of 'Dark Matter' -- I got as far as the end of the pilot episode and gave up. Boy , is it bad !
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

The Phil Silvers Show, Danger UXB, Hogan's Heroes, Goodnight Sweetheart, Get some in, Forces News and various Military Documentaries! Long live Forces TV!! :biggrin:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Stranger Things on Netflix is a very, very special drama indeed. Among the best I've seen in a long time.

Enjoying Robbie Coltrane in National Treasure on C4 too.

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff

Post by Ledhead27 »

Recently been watching American Horror Story with my housemates, joined in part way through season 2 and got hooked straight away. Now part way through Coven and have to say that it's certainly one of the more interesting series I've watched recently and has been a good substitute while waiting for TWD to make a return!

One final note about AHS, the opening title sequences are absolutely sublime and really do give you chills!
"FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, DroneMan Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

Dwadwood

CJS

Post by CJS »

Watched the first episode of Damned last night on catchup. Pretty amusing and one of those sitcoms which manages to have a sombering tone at the same time.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?

Tim Laurence

Post by Tim Laurence »

Stranger Things was brilliant. A real 80's feel to it and a nice mix of The Goonies / ET / The X Files, type of storyline.

Just finished season 1 and 2 of Narcos. Entertaining right from start to finish.

Tim

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Is 'Stranger Things' the series which was made about 10 years ago , a remake of that series , or a new series that simply shares the same name ?
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4574334/

Stranger Things 2016 and rather original :smile:

It is rather brilliant I must admit :-)

Have to admit to watching the new series of Taskmaster on Dave, that does tickle me somewhat.

Looking to watch Lucifer at some point on Amazon Prime, and have started watching Westworld on Sky Atlantic. Too early to comment re Westworld, but looks good so far :-)

On a completely different tangent, but involving programmes on tv, my talented wife won an Emmy the other week for her work on Sherlock The Abominable Bride, very proud I am :smile: :cool: :clap:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

timuss

Post by timuss »

Just started watching Designated Survivor on Netflix Kiefer Sutherland is in it only two episodes so far, definatley one to keep up with. Interesting premise to it about the Capital Building in DC geting blown up and the President and cabinet all being killed, and a lowly housing secretary becoming President hence the name of the show.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Thanks for the info timuss, it looks like Designated Survivor has a lot of the production team associated with Kiefer's previous '24' outings so will look forward to watching this in the next day or so :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

timuss

Post by timuss »

Walking Dead OH MY I am not Ok at the moment that was intense :sad: :shock: :cool:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Lots of people were upset by it , according to reports -- not by who got whacked , but how.
Guess they missed all the the gratuitous violence in the previous 6 series , then......or does offing baddies & the poor unfortunate zombies not count ?
:biggrin:

Hope they allow this latest bunch of sociopaths & psychopaths to last longer that 'The Governor' & his group , because at least these lot ( and Negan in particular ) have the potential to indulge in some decent scenery-chewing
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Watched a deeply depressing programme last night on BBC1 about the killing of African Elephants for the ivory trade. Impossible not to come to the conclusion that it's only a matter of time (and not too long) before they are driven to extinction.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

timuss

Post by timuss »

Brevet Cable wrote:Lots of people were upset by it , according to reports -- not by who got whacked , but how.
Guess they missed all the the gratuitous violence in the previous 6 series , then......or does offing baddies & the poor unfortunate zombies not count ?
:biggrin:

Hope they allow this latest bunch of sociopaths & psychopaths to last longer that 'The Governor' & his group , because at least these lot ( and Negan in particular ) have the potential to indulge in some decent scenery-chewing

Yeah suddenly people cant handle the gore :grin: I think Negan is going to be around for a while.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner