What are UKARians watching on TV?

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Postby AlexC on Mon 11 Feb 2019, 5:13 pm

Euan Buchan wrote:Watching Death In Paradise

I used to watch that, but fed up with it now, the story lines too similar, think it's run it's course.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 6:11 pm

Working my way through 'The Expanse' ( halfway through series 2 )
Somewhat clichéd in places, plus what I assume are deliberate nods to other SciFi series/films.
Maybe it's just me, but I wonder if the authors are fans of Whedon's 'Firefly', because I'm seeing similarities between the main characters ( although Amos ain't no Jayne )
Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby DerekF on Mon 18 Feb 2019, 10:13 am

Just binge-watched "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix. I thought it was very good and the ending lends itself to another season.
DerekF

Postby vandal on Mon 25 Feb 2019, 10:15 pm

Pretty sure I saw a trailer earlier this evening saying Forces TV (Sky channel 181) is going to be showing the Sci Fi classic that is Space 1999. :grin:
vandal

Postby Mooshie1956 on Mon 25 Feb 2019, 10:58 pm

vandal wrote:Pretty sure I saw a trailer earlier this evening saying Forces TV (Sky channel 181) is going to be showing the Sci Fi classic that is Space 1999. :grin:

I think it's already started along with Buck Rogers. I have them both on DvD.

Edit to say not Space 1999 but UFO.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 26 Feb 2019, 4:57 pm

Finished series 3 of 'The Expanse'....
In some ways it's like 'GofT' ( no dragons, but it's got white walkers :whistle: ) in the way that it introduces new characters - usually with no back-story - who then either get killed off or you only find out why they're there towards the end of the series.
Just got to wait a few months ( or more ) before Amazon show series 4.
Brevet Cable

Postby st24 on Tue 05 Mar 2019, 11:43 am

It's had mixed reviews but I'm liking the latest Alan Partridge shenanigans. Excruciating in all the right places as he struggles with the reality of his good fortune but inept delivery of it...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 11:49 am

Series 5 of 'Z Nation'.
Such a shame that TWD ( which has killed-off most of the original cast & doesn't feature much in the way of zombies ) and FTWD ( which has morphed into TWD & has apparently now also killed-off most of the original cast ) continue chundering on, yet the best zombie series has been cancelled.....hoping against hope that Amazon/Netflix pick it up & continue it.
Old-style zombies, 'Talkers' ( you'll have to watch it to find out ), a 'mechazombie', computer-nerds, what more do you want? :biggrin:
Edited to add....and George Clooney ( or his foot, anyway ) and Jay ( but no Silent Bob )
And an unexpected twist towards the end.

As an aside, only another week or so before the new series of 'American Gods' starts on Amazon :biggrin:
Brevet Cable

Postby Airwolfhound on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 12:39 pm

I've been watching 'Pine Gap' on Netflix.

Three episodes in of 6, and am finding it very enjoyable. It is a good tense drama/thriller. Based on a joint US/Australian spying post out in the outback near Alice Springs. According to Google, the place does actually exist, which makes it even more interesting :-)
Last edited by Airwolfhound on Thu 07 Mar 2019, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Postby Airwolfhound on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 12:41 pm

DerekF wrote:Just binge-watched "The Umbrella Academy" on Netflix. I thought it was very good and the ending lends itself to another season.

Yep, binged it over the past few days, a great series, hoping it gets signed on for a Season 2 :-)

Airwolfhound

Postby starbuck on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 10:38 pm

Just finished watching the final episode of Das Boot. As an entity of itself it wasn't a bad series but because they share the same title people will be making unfair comparisons with the original, but I guess they only have themselves to blame for that by nicking the title rather than coming up with something new.

Shame really as they are very different programmes with the new series opening up the action away from the sea and I actually thought the resistance story line in La Rochelle was better than the scenes on the submarine, some of which were just plain daft. Some artistic licence was used when dealing with historical accuracy and a believable plot but I understand it's been commissioned for a second series which i will look out for.
starbuck

Postby CJS on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 6:40 am

The Sewing Bee (I know, but I'm addicted now...)

:hide:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby AlexC on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 5:20 pm

I go off and do my own thing when the Sewing Bee comes on, leaving my wife watching it. Likewise regarding the Bake Off.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Euan Buchan on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 4:27 pm

I'm watching The Complete History Of Concorde DVD.
Euan Buchan

Postby vandal on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 4:45 pm

Still Game on BBC Scotland. Channel 115 on Sky.

Only one more episode to go, this Thursday @10pm and that's it - this is the last episode of the last ever series. :sad:
vandal

Postby Euan Buchan on Sun 24 Mar 2019, 11:01 pm

vandal wrote:Still Game on BBC Scotland. Channel 115 on Sky.

Only one more episode to go, this Thursday @10pm and that's it - this is the last episode of the last ever series. :sad:

I was a extra in it I was in the first episode.
Euan Buchan

Postby Airwolfhound on Thu 11 Apr 2019, 7:29 am

This week's episode of Seal Team on Sky 1 was very enjoyable. They had full cooperation from the US Department of Defense and there was a lot of aviation assets from the Marine Corps used in it (and not stock footage). It was, though, a bit of a recruitment opportunity for them as the cameras were concentrating on the female Osprey pilot and one of the Marine QRF was a female during some of the combat scenes. It was great to see the Venom and Cobra taking apart the bad guys vehicles though :-)

Airwolfhound

Postby Reds Rolling on Fri 12 Apr 2019, 2:55 pm

Air Warriors and Ultimate Warships on the Smithsonian HD channel. :cool:
Reds Rolling

Postby Spiny Norman on Fri 12 Apr 2019, 4:50 pm

vandal wrote:Still Game on BBC Scotland. Channel 115 on Sky.

Thought the final scenes were very well done.
Spiny Norman

Postby timuss on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 1:33 pm

Just watched the first episode of Game of Thrones new series and very good it was to as well :cool: :rock:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby AlexC on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 8:04 pm

'The Repair Shop', truly a gem of a programme, I don't think that's there's anything that those folks can't repair! :clap:
AlexC

Postby Dan O'Hagan on Fri 03 May 2019, 11:24 pm

Game Of Thrones really is smashing this final season out of the park. Episode Three was insanely good.
Dan O'Hagan

Postby FarnboroJohn on Sat 04 May 2019, 6:15 am

AlexC wrote:'The Repair Shop', truly a gem of a programme, I don't think that's there's anything that those folks can't repair! :clap:

True, but they can't tell a Spitfire from a P47 Thunderbolt!
FarnboroJohn

Postby timuss on Sat 04 May 2019, 7:56 pm

Dan O'Hagan wrote:Game Of Thrones really is smashing this final season out of the park. Episode Three was insanely good.

Agree'd only three episodes left :sad:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby CJS on Sun 05 May 2019, 5:45 am

Line of Duty :dizzy: