What are UKARians watching on TV?

Switch to full style
Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Post a reply

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Sun 07 Jul 2019, 10:20 pm

I'm watching a Concorde documentary on the History Channel but watching it on +1 because I missed it only saw the last part on the normal channel.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Sat 20 Jul 2019, 9:14 pm

Imma just leave this here...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1152672066287656960

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Thu 03 Oct 2019, 1:35 pm

On Amazon Prime......the fourth ( and, unfortunately, final ) series of 'Preacher'.
I didn't think it could get any sillier, but they pulled out all the stops for this series :biggrin:
The fight scenes wouldn't have looked out of place in 'Deadpool' or 'John Wick', other parts were pure Pratchett, with the odd bit of 'Dead Snow 2' thrown in ( with the ongoing misadventures of Herr Starr )
The original Jesus puts in an appearance, as do Humpadoo and his various clones, and Hitler's still ruling Hell.
Lots of "ouch!" moments ( particularly Cassidy ) and an interesting use of a Lee Enfield rifle. :whistle:

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Fri 04 Oct 2019, 11:46 am

Brevet Cable wrote:On Amazon Prime......the fourth ( and, unfortunately, final ) series of 'Preacher'.
I didn't think it could get any sillier, but they pulled out all the stops for this series :biggrin:
The fight scenes wouldn't have looked out of place in 'Deadpool' or 'John Wick', other parts were pure Pratchett, with the odd bit of 'Dead Snow 2' thrown in ( with the ongoing misadventures of Herr Starr )
The original Jesus puts in an appearance, as do Humpadoo and his various clones, and Hitler's still ruling Hell.
Lots of "ouch!" moments ( particularly Cassidy ) and an interesting use of a Lee Enfield rifle. :whistle:


Gonna miss Preacher when it goes, have thoroughly enjoyed the adventures of JC and his hangers-on.

Looks like the 2nd series of Jack Ryan will start soon though, very much looking forward to that as the first season was very good.

Been watching Hyperdrive on Netflix, quite good fun with people burning rubber around an obstacle course in their souped-up cars. Good to see Rutledge Wood back on the screen as he co-hosts it.

New series of Plebs has just started on ITV 4, not seen it yet but got it on catch-up to watch this weekend.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Fri 04 Oct 2019, 1:22 pm

Don't do Netflix, although I'll admit to having been tempted just for 'Altered Carbon' .
Tried watching the 'Jack Ryan' series, but couldn't get into it ( for the same reason I gave up on 'Taken' )
Still waiting for the next series of 'Vikings', 'The Expanse' and 'Westworld'....think at least one of them are due to air before the end of this year.
May give 'Carnival Row' and 'The Boys' a try next, or possibly have another try at series 2 of 'American Gods'

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Fri 04 Oct 2019, 4:45 pm

I highly recommend 'The Boys' although Karl Urban's 'cockney London geezer accent' got a bit tedious at times. Great story though and decent production values, and left open for a second series which has been commissioned.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Sat 05 Oct 2019, 4:04 pm

Thought that the recent programme on the Spitfire was quite good.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Sat 05 Oct 2019, 4:29 pm

Airwolfhound wrote:....Karl Urban's 'cockney London geezer accent' got a bit tedious at times.

Can't be as bad as Orlando Bloom's in 'Carnival Row', can it? :lol:

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Sun 06 Oct 2019, 8:36 am

Don't you believe it ........... :lol:

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Sun 06 Oct 2019, 10:29 am

At least you can work out what his accent is supposed to be, I've given up with Bloom's ( it makes Sean Bean's attempts at American accents look like Oscar-winners ) :lol:

To be honest, I'm finding 'Carnival Row' to be better than I was expecting and Cara Delevingne isn't as crap an actress as I thought she'd be.
OK, I'm indulging in my usual habits of playing guess which film/series they nicked that bit of the plot from, spot the firearm, and - at the moment - spot how many of the cast were in GofT, but that's pretty much the norm for me unless it's a really good film/series.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Mon 07 Oct 2019, 10:42 am

Was watching Antiques Roadshow yesterday when the daughter of a 617 Sqn. Lancaster crew member brought in his DFC medal group and log book open at the date of the Dams raid. Surprisingly nether the daughter or the 'expert' mentioned the name of the crew member, but the log book recorded that the Lanc III was ED936/H, 'pilot-self' and 'Aircraft hit sea, 'Upkeep' lost, returned to base', which puts him as Plt. Off. Geoffrey Rice DFC.

Anyway, the medal group and log book were valued at £20,000.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Tue 08 Oct 2019, 7:52 pm

Airwolfhound wrote:I highly recommend 'The Boys'

Have to say, good recommendation :up: and you were right about his accent! :lol:
I can see why some people got upset about it.....about what you'd expect from Seth Rogan, though.
Roll on series 2.

Just noticed that Amazon Prime has 'The Last Ship' free at the moment....I've seen series 1 and 2, so I'll give the 3rd ( and final ) series a watch to see if the storylines have gotten any naffer

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Wed 09 Oct 2019, 11:37 am

Brevet Cable wrote:
Airwolfhound wrote:I highly recommend 'The Boys'

Have to say, good recommendation :up: and you were right about his accent! :lol:
I can see why some people got upset about it.....about what you'd expect from Seth Rogan, though.
Roll on series 2.

Just noticed that Amazon Prime has 'The Last Ship' free at the moment....I've seen series 1 and 2, so I'll give the 3rd ( and final ) series a watch to see if the storylines have gotten any naffer


They were :lol: :lol:

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Wed 09 Oct 2019, 12:04 pm

It shows how much you can lose track with it, it's actually 5 series they're showing and I've seen 4 of them. :oops: :lol:
From memory...
Apart from fighting other Americans....
Series 1, they beat the Russians
Series 2, they beat the British
Series 3, they beat the Chinese
Series 4, they beat the Greeks
Series 5, the Colombians are the bad guys, aren't they?
Waiting to see how a single Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer beats an Iowa Class Battleship :dizzy:

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Wed 09 Oct 2019, 3:01 pm

Looking forward to the original series of V starting next week on Forces TV. Lets hope it's as good as I remember it.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Wed 09 Oct 2019, 5:08 pm

Even if it's not, it'll still be better than the remake.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Sun 13 Oct 2019, 8:34 am

Watching the Wales V Uruguay game.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Tue 15 Oct 2019, 6:13 pm

I thoroughly recommend Damien Lewis: Spy Wars. History Channel Mondays 9pm. Great background input from those involved.

https://www.history.co.uk/shows/damian-lewis-spy-wars

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Tue 15 Oct 2019, 10:24 pm

I've watched the first 2 episodes of Swamp Thing on Amazon. Looks to be shaping up to be decent., and could be quite violent from what I've seen. All 10 episodes are up but I'm going to try and take a bit of time to watch them all. I don't like to binge watch then have to wait 12, 18 months for the next season.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Tue 15 Oct 2019, 11:10 pm

Mooshie1956 wrote:I've watched the first 2 episodes of Swamp Thing on Amazon. Looks to be shaping up to be decent., and could be quite violent from what I've seen. All 10 episodes are up but I'm going to try and take a bit of time to watch them all. I don't like to binge watch then have to wait 12, 18 months for the next season.


I thought it had been cancelled? So only the one season.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Wed 16 Oct 2019, 9:30 am

Modern Family

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 3:28 pm

Very good programme on last Sunday about Stanley Kubrick, one of my favourite directors. I see from the Radio Times that it was a repeat, and therefore I must have missed it somehow first time around.

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 11:33 am

Watching This Morning in STV (ITV).

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Sun 10 Nov 2019, 3:23 pm

Euan Buchan wrote:Watching This Morning in STV (ITV).


I would have kept quiet about that if I were you! :grin:

Re: What are UKARians watching on TV?

Sun 10 Nov 2019, 3:38 pm

AlexC wrote:Very good programme on last Sunday about Stanley Kubrick, one of my favourite directors. I see from the Radio Times that it was a repeat, and therefore I must have missed it somehow first time around.

As I was watching it I thought I've seen this before and the copyright date at the end was 2001 :whistle:

Available on i-player https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... n-pictures

Brian
Post a reply