Question for the football fans

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
andrewman

Question for the football fans

Post by andrewman »

Can anyone explain what a player being with a club on "non contract terms" actually means, clearly the player will not have a contract but does it allow the player to play in competitive games or just friendly's / reserve games. Also how does it affect the player with regards to transfers, can a non contract player move to a club at anytime or is it still transfer windows only ?
2004 bathroom window photographer of the year

my facebook

https://twitter.com/Andrewsteer84 My Twitter

Russ

Re: Question for the football fans

Post by Russ »

If they don't have a contract, then they are classed as a Free Agent and any club can sign them. They are excluded from the transfer windows and can move freely whenever they need to.

Some out of contract players train for free with clubs to keep their fitness up whilst looking for a new club. Usually in that instance they don't play any first team or reserve football.

Elbow

Post by Elbow »

Yup, that's basically it
Run, jump, fly

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Can I ask a question ??

Why would there be several large groups { all of over 100 people } of Cardiff City supporters wandering away from the football stadium , all mindlessly chanting "You Jack { illegitimate people}" { you can guess the actual word } , when they'd just finished playing Manchester City not Swansea ?? :roll:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Craig
UKAR Staff

Post by Craig »

Brevet Cable wrote:Can I ask a question ??

Why would there be several large groups { all of over 100 people } of Cardiff City supporters wandering away from the football stadium , all mindlessly chanting "You Jack { illegitimate people}" { you can guess the actual word } , when they'd just finished playing Manchester City not Swansea ?? :roll:

Funny old world mate! I went with my Dad who's a Barnsley fan to their playoff final against Swansea some years ago when Wembley was still being reconstructed. There was a massive police presence in Cardiff that day not because there were worries about the behaviour of the Barnsley fans, but because of Cardiff city fans turning up to meet Swansea! :dizzy:

And people call them "football" hooligans...