The Angry Thread...

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Brevet Cable

Re: The Angry Thread...

Post by Brevet Cable »

Local shops & smaller supermarkets such as Spar & Filco tend to sell ripe bananas .... or at least the ones in my area do.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

My local shop (which I think is an un-mentioned Londis) sells ripe banana's as well as ripe mango's which is better than the mango I bought at Sainsbury's 2 weeks ago, it still isn't ripe today!!

Continuing on from my insurance gripe last mentioned, today I get a text message from Admiral saying "your car insurance is due for automatic renewal on 24th May, you can check your renewal details online". After looking at my original documents and my renewal letter last week it states that I am NOT on auto-renewal, something I know I specified due to previous experience, so I looked online and yep sure enough someone has altered my insurance to be on auto-renewal!! Now I gave them a call last week (as mentioned before) about my renewal and got the quotes down and some extra's thrown in. It was left as a renewal quote, they gave me a ref. number and I simply had to call back on 24th May to go ahead with it. This gave me time to do some more price matching. Apparently the dipstick I was speaking to naturally assumed I wanted that quote and therefore changed my policy to be on auto-renewal and to accept that quote. 'All calls are recorded' but apparently not when you speak to the manager and ask them to review the call and point out the part where I accepted the quote and said put me on auto-renewal. Seriously, not a day goes by where I don't have to deal with a complete idiot. How they get past the interview stage is beyond me!

psquiddy

Post by psquiddy »

Seriously, not a day goes by where I don't have to deal with a complete idiot. How they get past the interview stage is beyond me!

If you were a little bit cynical you might think that you were not dealing with an idiot, but someone who is instructed to make these "mistakes" in the hope that customers cant be bothered to sort it out and carry on with the renewal anyway.

But that would never happen - would it?
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Fair point indeed. I'd like to think that a large company I am throwing hundreds of pounds at every year is not committing fraud and deception but I guess you never know! I'd love to tell them to stuff it but unfortunately they have offered the best quote and package so far :confused:

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Thumper, you should report that to the ombudsman, many staff are on performance related pay and changing the status of policies to auto renew would be a very easy way of selling additional policies and if anyone questions it, it's easily explained. The real test of such "innocent" admin errors is looking to see how often it happens the other way.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/communi ... 50937.aspx

http://keithpp.wordpress.com/2012/11/03 ... ewal-scam/
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

The other thing i discovered with Admiral insurance - when it comes to getting a new quote the Admiral website it will not allow you to do a new quote under your name (if current policy is in your name) as all it says on their site is call for details. So I had to put my missus name in and all the details and voila a much cheaper quote than the auto renewal.
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Thanks for the info pbeardmore, shocking, and that's interesting rcdhawk! I think I will give the insurance ombudsman a call as the 'manager' I spoke to at Admiral was so cagey about it all. When I said 'well that's OK you said all calls are recorded so it's easy to check' that's when he got a bit defensive and said that all quote calls are recorded for training purposes only and this was not a quote call and it wasn't a matter associated to training. It's still easy to check though as I screen printed all the details from my online account at Admiral and have 2 letters stating I am not on auto-renew and it was changed the same day I called for my renewal quote. This is so underhand, I can't believe they think they can get away with blatant fraud, I'm sure it must be classed as either fraud or deception, or maybe even both! I'll see what Mr. Ombudsman says.

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Many of the banking sector mispractices started out with a handful of complaints and has ended up with the massive fines and repayments that we are currently seeing. Does anyone trust the insurance sector more than the banks?
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

andrewman

Post by andrewman »

The stupid idiot who dumped there garden waste on my property today has left me rather angry as you can tell :mad:
2004 bathroom window photographer of the year

my facebook

https://twitter.com/Andrewsteer84 My Twitter

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Brevet Cable wrote:UPS ........ Having been at home all day , can't say I was too impressed to receive an E-Mail from them this evening claiming that there was nobody here when one of their drivers attempted to deliver a parcel !! :mad:

I live on Anglesey and I sat at home for 8am to 5pm awaiting Curry's to home deliver a fridge/ freezer. the time window closed at 5:30 so I phoned the head office, and 10 minutes later I got a phone call from the truck driver saying "No one was in, when he called. I'm at Rhyl now on my way home to Manchester. Do you want it today?"

"Yes I do need it today" So he had to drive all the way back, when he delivered the fridge/ freezer he was not a happy bunny!!!! God it cheered me up :grin:

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

My car being off the road for a month, now its all back together but the only thing stopping me starting her up is a 3second job that I need someone to help me with but sods law has it that no one is about :mad:
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

The Eurovision Song Contest... Need I say more?

Oh - and that Irish clown who does the commentary. Not Wogan - the other clown...
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Mad Dan wrote:The Eurovision Song Contest... Need I say more?

Oh - and that Irish clown who does the commentary. Not Wogan - the other clown...

Graham Norton
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team

sjt

Post by sjt »

The stupid idiot who dumped there garden waste on my property today has left me rather angry as you can tell

That's pretty much a weekly thing for me. Add to that building waste, fridges, fast food wrappers, tyres.......
BARNEY ARMY! BARNEY ARMY!

Keep Britain Farming

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

sjt wrote:
The stupid idiot who dumped there garden waste on my property today has left me rather angry as you can tell

That's pretty much a weekly thing for me. Add to that building waste, fridges, fast food wrappers, tyres.......

Allegedly they want to close our two local tips and amalgamate them into a super-tip, 20 minutes drive further away. Hate to imagine all the fly-tipping we will be burdened with then!

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Finally getting everything sorted & fitted to the car, go to start her up

Batteries dead.

Comet102

Post by Comet102 »

Applying screen protectors and lyric videos on YouTube that are longer than the official music video :mad:

andrewman

Post by andrewman »

Really annoys me and I think its totaly unaccpetable to dump waste on other peoples land or garden or whatever the case might be, I have always been annoyed to see litter left all over a street or bus etc but its getting worse and I am actually thinking why dont people just use a bin or take rubbish home with them. I would not dream of chucking my waste onto anyone's property its not called for at all. As I am sure you can all see litter and fly tipping and the dumping of rubbish on others property is a something that I really take a dislike to :mad:

Not much gets me that mad but seeing litter left all over somewhere annoys me so much and dont even set me off on people who chuck rubbish around at airshows.
2004 bathroom window photographer of the year

my facebook

https://twitter.com/Andrewsteer84 My Twitter

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Rule 27 wrote:Peugeot drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpZcosOj4Y

How not to do a crash for cash scam, I hope they feel the full force of the law

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Rule 27 wrote:Peugeot drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpZcosOj4Y

Bloody hell that's frightening!! I hope everyone was OK including whoever clouted the van/lorry.

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

seriously thats terrible and ive seen it done over the years. mostly not in peugeots.

sincerely, A Peugeot driver!

while we are at it, people who insist on driving at 100mph weaving in and out of lanes as they have got a new car and think they are in a game.
Those aren't pillows!!!!

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

Whilst I'm not defending the Peugeot driver who did behave like an idiot, I can understand why he was driven to it with the idiot lorry driver driving so bloody close. 2second rule?
As for the other idiot who hit the lorry he obviously wasn't leaving enough room to stop either, or not concentrating or both.
I expect they had a nice conversation about who was the biggest idiot.

So in case I wasn't clear, what a bunch of idiotic idiots.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

Rule 27

Post by Rule 27 »

What two second "rule"? You mean the rule of thumb that people seem to think is a law?

May I suggest you familiarise yourself with the Highway Code, specifically section 126:

Stopping Distances. Drive at a speed that will allow you to stop well within the distance you can see to be clear. You should

leave enough space between you and the vehicle in front so that you can pull up safely if it suddenly slows down or stops. The safe rule is never to get closer than the overall stopping distance (see Typical Stopping Distances diagram, shown below)
allow at least a two-second gap between you and the vehicle in front on roads carrying faster-moving traffic and in tunnels where visibility is reduced. The gap should be at least doubled on wet roads and increased still further on icy roads
remember, large vehicles and motorcycles need a greater distance to stop. If driving a large vehicle in a tunnel, you should allow a four-second gap between you and the vehicle in front.
If you have to stop in a tunnel, leave at least a 5-metre gap between you and the vehicle in front.

From: https://www.gov.uk/general-rules-all-dr ... 117-to-126

At no point during the video was the camera vehicle in the wrong. The Peugeot driver needs his/her license destroyed immediately, and whomever managed to crash in to the back of the camera vehicle needs a stern word. Although, how many of you expect to be driving down a dual carriageway at 50mph, with the inside lane clear, and come across a vehicle at an absolute standstill?

By the way, using the 2 second rule on a 70mph motorway would mean you are 14 (yes, FOURTEEN) car lengths behind the vehicle in front.

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

Chris calm down.

If we assume, using your words that they were doing 50mph the overall stopping distance is 53m, yes I can google too. There is no way he was 53m behind the Peugeot. So yes he was in the wrong.

As for saying how ,any people expect to find a stationary vehicle in the carriageway, 2 points....

1. You shouldn't drive according to what you expect to happen, you should drive based on what could possibly happen. Most bikers will tell you that, treat everyone as if they are going to do something stupid.
2. If you don't notice a stationary lorry in the carriageway ahead you also should have your licence removed, driving without due care etc.

:pinkwafer:
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.