Georgeconna

Re: The Angry Thread...

Post by Georgeconna »

DerekF wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 1:24 pm
speedbird2639 wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 12:42 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-57852315

Turns out the MSM have been whipping up a storm over nothing - the graffiti wasn't racist.
So what? It was still vandalism.
But not what all the lefty were looking for in stirring up the pot.

Same with this, labelling the poor old Englanders as Racists when most of the tweets came from overseas with lots in Arab Countries. MSN is a bit of a Joke really.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 021-07-13/
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Thank goodness we have the likes of "underground" news sources such as Reuters to correct the errors of MSN
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

vandal

Post by vandal »

pbeardmore wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 3:05 pm
Fascinated by the negatively and resentment created via a mural. Someone's wall, someone's paint. They can choose who they want but somehow there is a "worthyness filter" applied by someone neither owning the wall or the paint. Painting a mural is 100% legal and, arguably, brings people together and is a positive thing to do for a community. But anger is targetted at the creator of the mural rather than the criminals who defaced it.
I watched a documentary type programme not too long ago & among other things it covered vandalism on & around the railways. It spoke of Graffiti Artists risking their lives trying to get to places to leave their mark & of deaths of these same people as they got hit with a train because they were stupid enough to trespass on the line & the cost of cleaning up graffiti (from trains as well as lineside structures). Anyway, the programme eventually came across a piece of artwork on a bridge that Network Rail dispatched a crew to remove - that is until they discovered it was a Banksy. A bit of messing around later & the programme showed the piece (Reindeer & Sleigh) which was sprayed near a bench on the bridge was safely preserved behind a huge sheet of perspex.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Georgeconna wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 3:26 pm
Same with this, labelling the poor old Englanders as Racists when most of the tweets came from overseas with lots in Arab Countries. MSN is a bit of a Joke really.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 021-07-13/
Even if that is true (the social media companies declined to show the data, so you have to take it with a pinch of salt) At least 30% of the comments generated in the U.K., though. That’s 30% too many. No one was arguing that every single British is racist, but that the racism itself was deplorable.

But there we go again, we look for any excuse to pass the buck. “It’s not us! Look! The rest of the world is, too!” Doesn’t mean we can sit and rest and have a cup of tea about it because it’s not our problem.

As for “MAN(.sic)”, Reuters is very *very* much mainstream media. If it’s such a joke, then it’s weird that you’d use a mainstream media source to support your (quite illogical) argument.

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

DerekF wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 3:11 pm
Reds Rolling wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 2:51 pm
DerekF wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 1:21 pm
Because he's done more to help people in his short life so far than you will ever do. He is someone for the young to look up to and to aspire to. A fine role model in so many ways.
He's a vastly overpaid bloke who kicks a bag of air around, and loads of people are good role models but don't have bloody murals painted of them. You have no idea of what I have done to help others, so don't make a fool of yourself and assume that he done more than I ever will. :wink: I don't need a mural of my face though, that wouldn't be fair to anyone! :rofl:
Feel free to say what you've done that that has had a bigger impact than what Marcus Rashford achieved and I'll gladly retract my statement. By stating that he just kicks a bag of air around rather gives away the fact that you completely underestimate the place of sport in our society. And yet an F1 fan. If ever there was a sport where participants were overpaid it must be F1. Still, keep digging.
Even if I thought it was any of you business to know what I have done you'd probably just assume I was lying anyway, like you assumed I hadn't done anything worthwhile when you came in to white knight Marcus Rashford.

Yes F1 are well paid, and probably overpaid but then that doesn't just mean you can't like a sport or have an interest in it. That is ludicrous.

I will say that I don't have Sky Sports, and therefore don't directly fund those wages anyway. I just do with the highlights packages these days and get to be a slightly wealthier smug git instead. :smirk:

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Reds Rolling wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 5:13 pm
DerekF wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 3:11 pm
Reds Rolling wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 2:51 pm
DerekF wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 1:21 pm
Because he's done more to help people in his short life so far than you will ever do. He is someone for the young to look up to and to aspire to. A fine role model in so many ways.
He's a vastly overpaid bloke who kicks a bag of air around, and loads of people are good role models but don't have bloody murals painted of them. You have no idea of what I have done to help others, so don't make a fool of yourself and assume that he done more than I ever will. :wink: I don't need a mural of my face though, that wouldn't be fair to anyone! :rofl:
Feel free to say what you've done that that has had a bigger impact than what Marcus Rashford achieved and I'll gladly retract my statement. By stating that he just kicks a bag of air around rather gives away the fact that you completely underestimate the place of sport in our society. And yet an F1 fan. If ever there was a sport where participants were overpaid it must be F1. Still, keep digging.
Even if I thought it was any of you business to know what I have done you'd probably just assume I was lying anyway, like you assumed I hadn't done anything worthwhile when you came in to white knight Marcus Rashford.
I'm not sure what you mean by "white knight" but I can't imagine it's complimentary. On the basis that if you had done something worthwhile you'd be happy to tell us about it, I'm going to stick to my initial thought that it is unlikely that you've achieved anything like what Marcus Rashford has achieved. Standing up for the less fortunate, coming from a poor background to being a household name, getting Johnson to change government policy etc. I pretty sure that we would have heard of you if you had done even half of that.
Reds Rolling wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 5:13 pm
Yes F1 are well paid, and probably overpaid but then that doesn't just mean you can't like a sport or have an interest in it. That is ludicrous.

I will say that I don't have Sky Sports, and therefore don't directly fund those wages anyway. I just do with the highlights packages these days and get to be a slightly wealthier smug git instead. :smirk:
You accuse footballers of being overpaid but because you like F1, it's OK for them to be overpaid. OK...

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

Thank f@@@ I have retired and do not have to go through this farce any more. Good luck to those that still have to go through this,you have my sympathy.

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Rashford is a very decent person (though not such a great penalty taker). Footballers can't win. They drive Bentleys into lamp posts and they get a slagging and they advocate for governments to feed the less well-off and they get a slagging. They get paid a lot but I tell you every fan would take the same money if they could play as well as they mouth off! I know I would.

The UK would be a lot better off with more like him and less of the ones who just can't restrain themselves from behaving badly.

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

just to confirm my point re the larger danger is stupidity, today a pro footballer is under invesigation for child sex allegations. Some of the stuff on twitter is not worthy of a 8 year old (specific issues re both the assumption of guilt and the use of humour undermining a very serious topic). These people have, mentally simply not grown up.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Ive been watching all this, mostly from hospital. what gets me angry. Redsrolling and his troll ilk.

heres some stuff for you.
Marcus rashford. vastly overpaid bloke eh? Mate I have news for you. i have a dislike of football and didnt watch any of the games, nor am i a fan of anyone. That said however The personal aspect of theteam, the way they conduted themselves and Gareth southgate calling the Government out , then telling them that they were NOT going to Downing St because of the conduct far in a way made me proud of the team.

The work Marcus did because he could was phenomenal over the past year, and continues to do so. So yes I approve of his mural in Withington. After football I honestly thing he will continue this but in politics too. He totally embarrassed the Sham of a government last year. what does he get for missing a penalty.. Sickening racist abuse. So you think that is fine then. Because that is what the mural was defaced with?

its not just racist abuse though, its also homophpbic .

This year several Murals in Manchester have been defaced. including one with Alan Turing on in the gay village. The language used was awful.

The thing is they are both in my eyes the same, They both deserved the Murals (although the gay village one has other gay icons from the area too including frank lamar who was hilarous and a close freind of my late step dad.but there is a statue of alan turing in sackville park which is always covered in flowers)

Personally mate I'd have wiped you off this forum ages ago.
Those aren't pillows!!!!

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

DerekF wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021, 7:24 pm
You accuse footballers of being overpaid but because you like F1, it's OK for them to be overpaid. OK...
I like football, I like F1. Does that automatically mean I can't think that they're overpaid for what they do? I don't get that logic.
AndyXH558 wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021, 9:33 am
Ive been watching all this, mostly from hospital. what gets me angry. Redsrolling and his troll ilk.
Uh oh. Handbag alert! :handbag:
AndyXH558 wrote:
heres some stuff for you.
Marcus rashford. vastly overpaid bloke eh? Mate I have news for you. i have a dislike of football and didnt watch any of the games, nor am i a fan of anyone. That said however The personal aspect of theteam, the way they conduted themselves and Gareth southgate calling the Government out , then telling them that they were NOT going to Downing St because of the conduct far in a way made me proud of the team.

The work Marcus did because he could was phenomenal over the past year, and continues to do so. So yes I approve of his mural in Withington. After football I honestly thing he will continue this but in politics too. He totally embarrassed the Sham of a government last year. what does he get for missing a penalty.. Sickening racist abuse. So you think that is fine then. Because that is what the mural was defaced with?
Where have I said racism is fine? I haven't. It's all in your head pal!

Someone else here also said that the mural wasn't defaced with racist slurs, just abuse, so someone is wrong.
AndyXH558 wrote:
its not just racist abuse though, its also homophpbic .

This year several Murals in Manchester have been defaced. including one with Alan Turing on in the gay village. The language used was awful.

The thing is they are both in my eyes the same, They both deserved the Murals (although the gay village one has other gay icons from the area too including frank lamar who was hilarous and a close freind of my late step dad.but there is a statue of alan turing in sackville park which is always covered in flowers)
And what is this to do with me? I'm not the one writing racist or homophobic slurs on murals, or even condoning it. Turing suffered far worse than some scrawled words during his life though. It's pretty awful the way he was treated, but unfortunately that was the way things were at the time.
AndyXH558 wrote:
Personally mate I'd have wiped you off this forum ages ago.
Love you too. Get well soon sweet cheeks. :kissing_heart:

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Like I said. A troll.. I've said my piece and I'm not feeding it any more.
Those aren't pillows!!!!

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

To finish off about Marcus Rashford. Around £40k to be donated to Manchester foodbank from money raised to repair the Muriel. I think that says it all about why he has a Muriel in his hometown.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-57970520
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Mooshie1956 wrote:
Mon 26 Jul 2021, 8:10 pm
To finish off about Marcus Rashford. Around £40k to be donated to Manchester foodbank from money raised to repair the Muriel. I think that says it all about why he has a Muriel in his hometown.
How did Muriel get involved in this?
Ken

Afghanistan - so what was the point of all that then?

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Ken Shabby wrote:
Mon 26 Jul 2021, 8:18 pm
Mooshie1956 wrote:
Mon 26 Jul 2021, 8:10 pm
How did Muriel get involved in this?
Blame spell checker :laughing:
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

AndyXH558 wrote:
Sun 25 Jul 2021, 10:25 am
Like I said. A troll.. I've said my piece and I'm not feeding it any more.
You're the one who came in ranting and pointing fingers at me with no real basis, so pot, kettle and black springs to mind when you talk about trolling. :clown:

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Not so much angry as bemused. An animal has TB and has to be put down, but Joanna Lumley and Stanley Johnson want to risk spreading it to other animals and humans.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... e-put-down

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

500 cows a week are slaughtered due to TB; the outcry is because the alpaca isn’t part of our accepted food chain and it’s fluffy.
The French like horsemeat - Brits prefer to put money on them. Koreans like dog - some Brits walk them. Sad for the animal and it’s owner but unless Lumley and Johnson are vegans total hypocrisy.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Take a look at the graph around a third of the way down the article, what a shambles...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-58086908

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

The more that have higher marks, the more they can go to Uni, the more fees get paid! Its all about getting that cash back in the bank again.
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Spiny Norman wrote:
Mon 09 Aug 2021, 9:32 am
Not so much angry as bemused. An animal has TB and has to be put down, but Joanna Lumley and Stanley Johnson want to risk spreading it to other animals and humans.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... e-put-down
what am I missing here? https://www.surefarm.co.uk/bovine-tuber ... ting-cost/