The Angry Thread...

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
borismorris

Re: The Angry Thread...

Post by borismorris »

I was out working in the countryside between Wrexham and Ellesmere on Friday.

I had a farmers wife tell me one of her neighbours, who had moved in to a barn conversion, had complained about the cows mooing...

:shock: :sad:

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

borismorris wrote:I was out working in the countryside between Wrexham and Ellesmere on Friday.

I had a farmers wife tell me one of her neighbours, who had moved in to a barn conversion, had complained about the cows mooing...

:shock: :sad:

Thats ok! To save the planet, we have to go vegan so all poultry, cattle, lamb and pigs will need to culled. After that, the land will be turned over to growing vegetables, so to protect that we will need to go further and kill all rabbits, butterflies and a whole lot more so we can survive!

So how do we get rid of all the dead animals? Burn them and cause more pollution? How do we get the fruit and veg here that we dont grow? Fly it? By boat? Still causes more pollution!
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

The opinion of many of them is that we should go back to only eating what's produced locally.
That'll be London & the other conurbations stuffed, then, not to mention millions of people being made homeless when their new-build houses are demolished in order to return the land to agricultural use.
:biggrin:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

maltwoser

Post by maltwoser »

Where's Thanos when you need him?

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

I'm a veggie, but to go vegan is probably a step too far for me.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

Brevet Cable wrote:The opinion of many of them is that we should go back to only eating what's produced locally.
That'll be London & the other conurbations stuffed, then, not to mention millions of people being made homeless when their new-build houses are demolished in order to return the land to agricultural use.
:biggrin:

But we dont need all that land to grow vegetables and should be planting more trees! Just plant the :mad: trees will ya!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

borismorris wrote:I was out working in the countryside between Wrexham and Ellesmere on Friday.

No comment on the content of the complaint, but that's indeed a fine, fine part of the world. :up:

EGLL

Post by EGLL »

Fuller's selling beer business to the Japanese. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46999208

CJS

Post by CJS »

AlexC wrote:I'm a veggie, but to go vegan is probably a step too far for me.

Me too

"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Food Banks.
Not the hard working people who give up time to run them.
Not the people who contribute to them.
Not the genuine families and people in and out of work who have to use them.

The fact that in what is meant to be one of the leading economies in the world, we need them.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

iainpeden wrote:Food Banks.

The fact that in what is meant to be one of the leading economies in the world, we need them.

Double edged sword for me in some cases!

I see people daily who i know have used food banks on a regular basis.

What i dont understand though is how a nurse, who seem to be the ones trotted out when trying to make a political point, can get into a situation where they need to seek help from food banks. For several years i was the only earner in my house and we managed with 4 kids.

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

iainpeden wrote:Food Banks.

Couldn't agree more. It's a blight on our society. All due to low wages and low benefits being paid and the increased costs of living.

CJS

Post by CJS »

This idiot

BBC News - Anti-FGM bill being blocked by MP Chope 'appalling'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47189073

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

And what they don't mention is that whilst he has a habit of doing this, he also routinely approves & helps to pass PMBs raised by his friends.
아직도 숨어있다

CJS

Post by CJS »

Funny that...pillock.

(Not you BC ;-) )

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Spiny Norman wrote:All due to low wages and low benefits being paid and the increased costs of living.

Low benefits? I'm often seeing programmes on the box with families getting around £25,000 in total benefits a year. Doesn't seem that low to me, and after all I am helping to pay it.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

toom317
UKAR Supporter

Post by toom317 »

AlexC wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:All due to low wages and low benefits being paid and the increased costs of living.

Low benefits? I'm often seeing programmes on the box with families getting around £25,000 in total benefits a year. Doesn't seem that low to me, and after all I am helping to pay it.

That's because they sentationalise the ones on the box. The reality is very different.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

I appreciate there are people in real hardship who are in desperate need of help, who would not be able to survive without food banks.

I also know that without food banks there would also be people who would need to stop spending their benefits on drink , drugs, that holiday to Ibiza, get rid of cable tv , stop going the bookies and actually buy some food with their benefits.

Once you start helping people who really need it, you will get other people helping themselves to it.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

ericbee123 wrote:I also know that without food banks there would also be people who would need to stop spending their benefits on drink , drugs, that holiday to Ibiza, get rid of cable tv , stop going the bookies and actually buy some food with their benefits.

You horrible person, you, expecting people to actually take responsibility for managing their own finances and budgeting......don't you realise they've got 'uman rites'!! :wink:
Apparently the problems with the new Universal Credit are that it's changed from being paid weekly to monthly & that the part of the benefits which used to be paid directly to landlords, etc. is now paid to the claimants instead.
Whilst most claimants are intelligent enough to use it to pay their rent, etc., the wastrels pee it up against the wall, blow it on tat, or spend it on fags/drugs/whatever.

The stupid thing is that a lot of the benefits paid are simply a sop to industry instead of forcing them to pay decent wages.
아직도 숨어있다

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

ericbee123 wrote:I appreciate there are people in real hardship who are in desperate need of help, who would not be able to survive without food banks.

I also know that without food banks there would also be people who would need to stop spending their benefits on drink , drugs, that holiday to Ibiza, get rid of cable tv , stop going the bookies and actually buy some food with their benefits.

Once you start helping people who really need it, you will get other people helping themselves to it.

You'll find that it's very, very difficult to get benefits these days. People are being defaulted for very minor infringements. Some are challenged for having life-long illnesses that in no sane, decent society would subject them to scrutiny from a hostile government in an attempt to stop them claiming and push them to 'get a proper job'.

If you could provide stats on the percentages of those receiving benefits who are going to Ibiza, taking drugs, watching cable TV, visiting the bookies and not buying food that'd be great. Call me cynical but I think this kind of guff comes from the tabloids.

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

Spiny Norman wrote:
ericbee123 wrote:I appreciate there are people in real hardship who are in desperate need of help, who would not be able to survive without food banks.

You'll find that it's very, very difficult to get benefits these days. People are being defaulted for very minor infringements. Some are challenged for having life-long illnesses that in no sane, decent society would subject them to scrutiny from a hostile government in an attempt to stop them claiming and push them to 'get a proper job'.

If you could provide stats on the percentages of those receiving benefits who are going to Ibiza, taking drugs, watching cable TV, visiting the bookies and not buying food that'd be great. Call me cynical but I think this kind of guff comes from the tabloids.

I know people on benefits, personally, who don’t worry about money whatsoever.

I was raised in a council house and went to school on a massive council estate ( biggest in the U.K. at the time ). My mother still lives in a council house and the amount of 18 and 19 plated brand new cars down her street is shocking.

My friend has a 19 plate Audi Q8 on benefits - I also have a friend who has an Audi Q8 and he owns a factory.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

ericbee123 wrote:My friend has a 19 plate Audi Q8 on benefits

A Q8 is around £70k, at least. They must have some other sort of income, because to run one living on benefits is impossible.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums

vandal

Post by vandal »

ericbee123 wrote:
I know people on benefits, personally, who don’t worry about money whatsoever.

There will always be those who know how to manipulate the system, but there are many many more who have been stripped of their dignity, humiliated, even suicidal because of PIP assessments etc. Not everyone on benefits enjoys a holiday or Sky tv in every room.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8101844/ ... christmas/

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
ericbee123 wrote:My friend has a 19 plate Audi Q8 on benefits

A Q8 is around £70k, at least. They must have some other sort of income, because to run one living on benefits is impossible.

Personal Contract Plan
아직도 숨어있다

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Even with a PCP deal you're talking about at least £600 a month. I doubt anyone on benefits has a new Q8, especially a 19 plate one :dizzy: