The Angry Thread...

Re: The Angry Thread...

Postby Tommy on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 12:14 pm

I think is more than that. It’s cynical, but based on a Home Office and governmental track record;

It’ll go to appeal - maybe the Supreme Court, it’ll likely get refused because to allow it at a basic level would allow a government to unilaterally decide to kick you out if you happen to have a parent with a separate passport. It’s just illogical. If I had committed the same offence as her, they couldn’t strip my citizenship because my family is British, yet we can for her because her mum is from Bangladesh, despite her not having a Bangladeshi passport herself, and never having been (speaking academically here, I don’t know her situation intimately).

It creates two classes of citizens in this country, which y’know, historically speaking... [Godwin’s law].

And also, again, and I feel none of you have really dealt with this point, what about the reverse? What if other countries just decided to strip citizenship from their own people, and say “well your mum’s British so you’re Britain’s problem to deal with”, even though said person has never visited or been a part of this country. The newspapers would have a field day. And rightly so. I wouldn’t be happy with that.

So it’ll go to the courts, they will likely reject it, and then the Home Secretary will be able to look like the noble loser, and accept her in (which he probably knew he likely had to do anyway) but deflect all the newspaper outrage from himself to the judges and lawyers and before you know it we result in further disgusting “enemies of the people” headlines.

I get it, guys. It’s unsavoury. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that I am in any way apologising for her, nor make the mistake of confusing justice for mercy.

I want her locked up. I think it’s appalling that she things the Arena attack was justified, and that she shows no remorse.

But this decision from the Home Secretary sets an unsettling precedent. Seems perfectly fine for this case, but what about the next one that’s a little less clear cut, and the next one that’s even more blurred. We used to support Bin Laden - what if one of the Syrian groups we now support suddenly find that we don’t like them anymore? It’s death by a thousand cuts. And once you start objecting down the line, they turn around to you and say “well you didn’t mind about Ms X, or Mr Y, or Sir Z.”

The decision is the root by which a horrid thorn bush could grow.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 1:29 pm

Apparently her parents didn't become UK citizens until several years after she was born ( I think she was 3 years old ) so she's a Bangladeshi national in her own right.
The dual nationality will remain the case for another couple of years, because Banglodeshi law says you have to decide which nationality to be once you reach 21.
Today she has been saying that as her ISIL husband is Dutch she'll go to Holland ( if they'll have her ) and wait for him to get out of prison.....I suppose that's assuming the YPG don't deal with him beforehand.

Heck, she travelled to Syria using her sister's passport ( and the media still keep using her sister's photo instead of hers! :roll: ) and that was destroyed once she got there -- as HMG & others keep saying we can't kick out illegals "because they've got no ID & we can't prove where they come from" maybe they should reverse that and tell her "You've got no ID so can't prove who you are, therefore we're not letting you in".
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!
Brevet Cable

Postby Georgeconna on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 4:16 pm

Seriously thank god someone in the UK has some balls to do this otherwise she'd end up next door to Tommy in Luton

have a gander at this, Really how would any one want this back is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 53cb3DOObk
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.
Georgeconna

Postby Brevet Cable on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 6:00 pm

Bangladesh....they say NO!
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!
Brevet Cable

Postby Berf on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 6:05 pm

Tommy wrote:
So it’ll go to the courts, they will likely reject it, and then the Home Secretary will be able to look like the noble loser, and accept her in (which he probably knew he likely had to do anyway) but deflect all the newspaper outrage from himself to the judges and lawyers and before you know it we result in further disgusting “enemies of the people” headlines.

Tommy I think this exactly what will happen.

But why the outrage at this one when according to government:

Figures from the Home Office show that 900 British nationals travelled to Syria, and up to 400 have returned. On 11 June last year, the Minister of State for Security and Economic Crime told the House that of those who had returned from Syria: “Approximately 40 have been prosecuted so far”.—[Official Report, 11 June 2018;
Vol. 642, c. 666.] That is a reduction on the 54 that, in May 2016, Lord Keen advised had been prosecuted, and it is still only 10% of those who went to Syria and returned.

In the grand scale she may have accepted the atrocities were happening but there are some in that 400 who were carrying them out and there are not too many prosecutions right now.
Berf

Postby HeyfordDave111 on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 7:27 pm

oh where do i start?

People who park on disabled bays who aren't disabled.
People who dont like to use the indicator.
People who think that they are 'entitled' on social media.
Petrol garages where the staff are talking on the mobile phone while serving you.....slowly.
People who seem surprised they have to pay for food in a supermarket, and leave their money tucked away.
Staff in supermarkeys who leave their trolleys in the way as your shopping.
Staff in shops chewing gum and talking while chewing, and while talking to you.
Staff in supermarkets chatting merrily on the tills with friends on adjacent tills instead of to you.
People who hide behind the 'words health and safety' when they havn't any knowledge on it.
Drivers who simply cut in front dangerously while your in a queue and dont say sorry or thanks.
People who think British Airways are in fact British.
Remoaners who hate democracy.
People who chat or text in a cinema or theatre.
Poor service in general.
Kids at night in black hoodies riding their dark bikes without lights across your path while driving.
Ticket reselling companies.
Ticket reselling companies selling tickets on the very day and minute they go one sale for twice the price.
The constant dumbing down of almost anything on TV nowadays and especially the news.
The government for getting rid of the Harrier.
Martians for not coming to RIAT (as far as i know)
Bill Smith for the Bluebird fiasco
Europe :wink:

There, spleen vented, but i have a 100 or so more to add one day.
Got to love Russianhardware
HeyfordDave111

Postby Ken Shabby on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 7:38 pm

HeyfordDave111 wrote:oh where do i start?

Petrol garages where the staff are talking on the mobile phone while serving you.....slowly.
People who seem surprised they have to pay for food in a supermarket, and leave their money tucked away.
Staff in supermarkets chatting merrily on the tills with friends on adjacent tills instead of to you.
People who hide behind the 'words health and safety' when they havn't any knowledge on it.
Drivers who simply cut in front dangerously while your in a queue and dont say sorry or thanks.
Poor service in general.
Kids at night in black hoodies riding their dark bikes without lights across your path while driving.
Ticket reselling companies selling tickets on the very day and minute they go one sale for twice the price.

The constant dumbing down of almost anything on TV nowadays and especially the news.

The media for coining the terms "Ticket Reselling" and "Secondary Ticket Market" when a perfectly good description has existed for decades for this sort of operation:

Ticket Tout

Just because you've got a flashy website, it doesn't alter the fact. You're a Ticket Tout. A sponging Ticket Tout.
Ken

I came here for a shoot-out right, a proper shoot-out, with some proper men.
Ken Shabby

Postby aceyone on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 8:35 pm

HeyfordDave111 wrote:oh where do i start?

Poor service in general.

Do you happen to reside in Tunbridge Wells by any chance ? :grin:

Seriously agree though ( mostly )
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place
aceyone

Postby pbeardmore on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 11:20 pm

The Brit Awards
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 4:59 am

HeyfordDave111 wrote:Remoaners who hate democracy.

People who still use infantile words such as 'remoaners' & 'remainiacs' :whistle:
People who have strange ideas about 'democracy'
People who believe ( or try to make others believe ) that anti-Semitism is only an issue within the Labour Party
People who believe ( or try to make others believe ) that criticising the actions of Israel is anti-Semitism
The ERG & other minority pressure groups who have undue influence out of all proportion to their actual size ( of either their membership or number of people they represent )
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 9:22 am

:roll: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47306766 :roll:

New homes should be banned from connecting to the gas grid within six years to tackle climate change, advisers say.

They want new-build homes in the countryside to be warmed by heat pumps - and cooking done on induction hobs.

In cities, new housing estates and flats should be kept warm by networks of hot water, says the Committee on Climate Change.

The water could be heated by waste heat from industry.

An alternative approach is to use heat pumps, which draw warmth from the sea or lakes; or burn gas from waste.
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!
Brevet Cable

Postby speedbird2639 on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 11:16 am

The trouble with this 'plan' is that heat pumps and the like rarely if ever deliver the advertised output. So people install them in their homes only to find instead of a toasty warm house and cheap electricity bills they have a freezing cold house and huge electricity bills.

Maybe they should tackle the fashion for woodburning stoves and the lack of enforcement of their illegal use in clean air districts before they set their sights on the gas boilers and their 99% efficiency.
speedbird2639

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 3:01 pm

Corbyn. :claypole:
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!
Brevet Cable

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 4:01 pm

MP David Lammy....am I allowed to say I think he's being racist ( or is it still only white people who can be racist )?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47400300
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!
Brevet Cable

Postby McG on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 4:36 pm

Work Shy Incompetents to get 2.7% pay increase.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47405259
McG

Postby McG on Thu 28 Feb 2019, 4:38 pm

speedbird2639 wrote:The trouble with this 'plan' is that heat pumps and the like rarely if ever deliver the advertised output. So people install them in their homes only to find instead of a toasty warm house and cheap electricity bills they have a freezing cold house and huge electricity bills.

Maybe they should tackle the fashion for woodburning stoves and the lack of enforcement of their illegal use in clean air districts before they set their sights on the gas boilers and their 99% efficiency.

Typically the UK would go down the individual route rather than using technology proven elsewhere.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_heating
McG

Postby Tommy on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 1:36 pm

Chris sodding Grayling. The showeriest of showers.

Gonna be a bit hipster and say that lawyers have been warning about him since 2013, but he really is pathetically incompetent.

My only conclusion to him still having a job is that he’s there to make Theresa May not look like the most boring and robotically incompetent politician in UK politics.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby CJS on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 3:50 pm

Tommy wrote:
My only conclusion to him still having a job is that he’s there to make Theresa May not look like the most boring and robotically incompetent politician in UK politics.

Which, when you think about it, makes him the most skilled of all Tory MPs, surely?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby starbuck on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 4:30 pm

Tommy wrote:Chris sodding Grayling. The showeriest of showers.

Gonna be a bit hipster and say that lawyers have been warning about him since 2013, but he really is pathetically incompetent.

Just as you think it couldn't get any worse we are actually going to give Eurotunnel 33m all because Grayling and his department couldn't even organise a tender process properly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47414699

He has to go now surely?
starbuck

Postby Brevet Cable on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 4:48 pm

Nah, it's all a complicated plot.....
They'll have a quick reshuffle next week & make him Brexit Secretary, them everyone can blame him for the boondoggle. :biggrin:
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!
Brevet Cable

Postby CJS on Fri 01 Mar 2019, 8:27 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Nah, it's all a complicated plot.....
They'll have a quick reshuffle next week & make him Prime Minister, them everyone can blame him for the boondoggle. :biggrin:

Just sorted that out for you, BC

HTH :up:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby AlexC on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 6:28 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:(or is it still only white people who can be racist )?

I think that it probably still is.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby Tommy on Tue 05 Mar 2019, 7:49 am

As a species, we are determined to continue to walk backwards, it seems.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby iainpeden on Tue 05 Mar 2019, 8:02 am

Tommy wrote:

As a species, we are determined to continue to walk backwards, it seems.

While I don't have a fundamental disagreement with you on this one I do think society has to decide what schools are actually for. The role of the teacher is not to be that of the parent bringing up the child and views such as shown in your twitter quote could be seen as indoctrination; I'm sure you wouldn't advocate schools delivering a particular, unbalanced overtly religious or political viewpoint so, to play devil's advocate, what's the difference?
iainpeden

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 05 Mar 2019, 8:15 am

Reading past the emotiveness of that tweet ( and the obligatory anti-Muslim bias ) I'd have to say I agree with the parents.
Whenever it's been discussed on Radio 4, a lot of other ( non-Muslim ) parents have expressed similar views - that it's not really suitable for teaching to prepubescent children.
большой эрик это пенис
qui puer et deficient

Gone!
Brevet Cable

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic