The Angry Thread...

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Zoom

Re: The Angry Thread...

Post by Zoom »

I think most drivers that pass me while I'm on a bike give 2 metres. The problem is that many drivers do not anticipate that slower moving traffic may be ahead as they drive at 60mph on single carriageway roads (with bends and brows of hills etc), with the result that when they do pass a cyclist on a bend they may be required to cross the centre line just when a vehicle is coming the other way.

I'm not tarring all motorists with this brush (much as posters on here have not done to cyclists) and the vast majority are considerate :smile:

The Cyclecraft approach (from the ex CTC, that erudite bunch who think cycle helmets are a bad idea) is actually espousing assertive cycling by deliberately preventing motorists passing when it's not safe. If they want to ride in the middle of the road when there are vehicles approaching from behind at 60mph that's literally their funeral.

Back to Angry; a lot of motorcyclists making very fast "essential journeys" today (whilst I was out doing a local walk from home)
Last edited by Zoom on Sat 11 Apr 2020, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Zoom wrote:Back to Angry; a lot of motorcyclists making very fast "essential journeys" today

And a lot of boy racers screaming around the estate roads where I live.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Employment agencies that give you a written start date for a job, pending successful completion of their training.

Then go quiet about how to access the training by ignoring your calls and emails. Oh, and Skype messages (which have read receipts...)

So I've not yet been able to start the job for which my supposed first shift was the Friday just gone.

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

cg_341 wrote:
Sun 03 May 2020, 11:34 pm
Employment agencies that give you a written start date for a job, pending successful completion of their training.

Then go quiet about how to access the training by ignoring your calls and emails. Oh, and Skype messages (which have read receipts...)

So I've not yet been able to start the job for which my supposed first shift was the Friday just gone.
There is a pandemic about at the moment called Covid-19,what rock have you been hiding under?

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Yeah that's the pandemic that caused me to lose my job, which means I may lose my house and therefore it's fairly vital that I find a new job.

If you haven't noticed, lots of agencies are looking for staff for warehouse work, at places like Amazon Fulfillment. If you read my post they gave me a start date, and have now started to ignore me.

I think I have a right to be somewhat annoyed...

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

If you look at my details ,you will see that I do not live in the UK,so I do not know what job vacancies are available.
Sorry to hear about your situation.

vandal

Post by vandal »

Thank you Unilever.

25 years ago, you gave us Lynx Africa.

Yesterday, I was in a Sainsbury's & saw for sale Lynx Africa shower gel - with Marmite!!

Yes, you read that right - a Marmite scented shower gel.🤢

Can't believe that is actually a thing.

gamecock

Post by gamecock »

The scary thing is they'll have done some market research. There must be a demand for it!