Channel 5 sold

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Brevet Cable

Channel 5 sold

Post by Brevet Cable »

As if it couldn't go down the drain any more than it already has........
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27240335
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

pbeardmore

Re: Channel 5 sold

Post by pbeardmore »

With this news combined with the news that Paxman is leaving Newsnight, the dumbing down trend is clear for all top see.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

Craig
UKAR Staff

Post by Craig »

Can only get BBC1, BBC2 and ITV at present, and what is clear is it's nearly universally dreadful. Can see why I rarely watch TV these days.

stratocaster

Post by stratocaster »

I hardly watch C5 at all! But I reckon we'd expect to get more mind numbing dross and drivvel on this channel now that Viacom own it! I reckon the way things will be going with TV and radio,I'll be investing in a lot of books! :cuppa:
Card carrying aviation addict!

seanrgb2

Post by seanrgb2 »

My wife will be devastated over this as she wont be able to watch the films of 'the Vikings' and Ben Hur that they repeat every week :tumbleweed:

Harlequin67
UKAR Supporter

Post by Harlequin67 »

Channel 5 does show NCIS and not everybody has Sky or Cable in every room. My bedroom TV is Freeview only and C5 is great for old and new NCIS.

The one thing that will happen is that C5 will now go HD on Freeview, that will mean better picture quality for those NCIS episodes.
Aviation photographer - Achievement unlocked

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

DanO1978 wrote:Viacom own MTV. Which no longer carries music programming on the main channel.

Expect bucket loads of moronic "constructed reality" garbage, World's Mega Biggest Wildest Documentaries, and low-brow quiz shows.

Thank goodness for BBC Four.

So nothing will change then? :grin:
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Harlequin67 wrote:The one thing that will happen is that C5 will now go HD on Freeview, that will mean better picture quality for those NCIS episodes.

How can you be so sure? They've recently put CH5-HD behind a paywall on Sky.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Harlequin67 wrote:Channel 5 does show NCIS and not everybody has Sky or Cable in every room..

In fact , some of us don't have Sky or Cable at all. :biggrin:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

andrewman

Post by andrewman »

Viacom own MTV. Which no longer carries music programming on the main channel.

Expect bucket loads of moronic "constructed reality" garbage, World's Mega Biggest Wildest Documentaries, and low-brow quiz shows.

Thank goodness for BBC Four.

Yes for a change I actually agree with you, some of the stuff on MTV I would not watch if you paid me and some of the quiz shows these days are dumbed down to the point where you get questions like What Country is Paris in ? etc
2004 bathroom window photographer of the year

my facebook

https://twitter.com/Andrewsteer84 My Twitter

duxfordhawk

Post by duxfordhawk »

I do not have anything but Freeview as really its not worth paying for even more channels of Sh*te, but I do like NCIS and the Mentalist of Channel 5 ,the rest they put out is awful already. It does not bode well I fear.
Martin
To see my Photos go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dxhawk/

silver fox

Post by silver fox »

andrewman wrote:
[Yes for a change I actually agree with you, some of the stuff on MTV I would not watch if you paid me and some of the quiz shows these days are dumbed down to the point where you get questions like What Country is Paris in ? etc

Talk about dumbed down quizzes, local radio on in the car run a quicky quiz through the week, question in what country would you find the Eiffel Tower? answer Paris, DJ said try again, answer it must be London then, I switched off the radio before I crashed the car.