Parliament under attack?

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Dan O'Hagan

Parliament under attack?

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Breaking news from Westminster. Knifeman gunned down by police, and a car ramming railings at Parliament.

Comet102

Re: Parliament under attack?

Post by Comet102 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355940

A police officer has been stabbed in the Houses of Parliament in central London, Commons Leader David Lidington has said.

He told MPs the "alleged assailant was shot by armed police" following a "serious" incident.

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Reports of up to 12 hit by a car on Westminster Bridge.

Text from a friend on Millbank reporting total lockdown and three "police" helicopters on the scene.

Ewart

Post by Ewart »

Twitter is showing persons down and injured on Westminister bridge. One video you can hear someone making a 999 call stating a car ploughed into those persons.

john001

Post by john001 »

Toby may not care about people's dignity and suffering wanting to get his name up with Reuters but it is not needed here. If you want it there is plenty of news feeds to look at it is not required here even if it is off topic.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

One woman has died and some are suffering "catastrophic injuries", vague reports on Twitter stating that the police officer has been killed. Terrible news, my thoughts are with those involved and their families
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

UKAR will be abiding by the Met Police's request not to share images of victims of the attack.

I'd also suggest keeping any personal speculation to yourselves during this sensitive period.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Shame that the BBC, Sky & ITV aren't abiding by that request.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Brevet Cable wrote:Shame that the BBC, Sky & ITV aren't abiding by that request.

Completely shocked when i put Sky News on to see them showing pictures, seriously do they have no shame...

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Simple enough request, really, though. It shouldn't have to be set out...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/844575742155476992[/tweet]

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Why give the terrorist oxygen and medical aid, should just give him another bullet.

Ewart

Post by Ewart »

vulcan558 wrote:Why give the terrorist oxygen and medical aid, should just give him another bullet.

Or else we become as bad as them.

Same reason why the cop that has shot him will have to go through due process as per any Police shooting.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

News announcement just now...

4 dead including Police Officer and suspected Attacker - 20 injured

Thoughts with the families of the officer who held the thin blue line and those of the innocent.

Whoever they are and whatever they stand for, utter scum.

TKK 140

Post by TKK 140 »

boff180 wrote:News announcement just now...

4 dead including Police Officer and suspected Attacker

Thoughts with the families of the officer who held the thin blue line and those of the innocent.

Whoever they are and whatever they stand for, utter scum.

Well said Andy, totally agree and as for elements of the press they should know better.

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

BBC just showed the route/car the PM was whisked away on/in.

Now showing where MPs and Visitors are kept until after an emergency.

I've learned a lot if I wanted to do another attack in a few weeks time. I know where to stand and which car I need to target once one of my mates starts a diversion attack.

Goid job I'm not a terrorist.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

ericbee123 wrote:BBC just showed the route/car the PM was whisked away on/in.

Now showing where MPs and Visitors are kept until after an emergency.

I've learned a lot if I wanted to do another attack in a few weeks time. I know where to stand and which car I need to target once one of my mates starts a diversion attack.

Goid job I'm not a terrorist.

It's as if the BBC/ Sky are handing out the required info so they can get the next headline up.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Awful news, and I'm amazed and thankful more destruction was not wrought at the hands of the absolute scumbag who did it...

Red Dragon wrote:It's as if the BBC/ Sky are handing out the required info so they can get the next headline up.

You're kidding, right?

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Really guys, is that sort of conspiracy talk necessary? People have been killed, maybe show some respect before saying the BBC are "handing out the required info so they can get the next headline up" :loser:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Tommy wrote:Awful news, and I'm amazed and thankful more destruction was not wrought at the hands of the absolute scumbag who did it...

Red Dragon wrote:It's as if the BBC/ Sky are handing out the required info so they can get the next headline up.

You're kidding, right?

No, I'm not. As awful as it is I sometimes think these news outlets are constantly trying to gain more viewers. I for one would not want to see a family member or friend being treated there being used for sensationalist purposes by the BBC or whomever. It seems any shred of decency has long left any news outlet where they show a little respect towards the injured or dead.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I think all our thoughts should be with the victims. I was there only a few weeks ago, it could have been so many of us.
I think we had all been hoping that this sort of thing would never happen, but it has been inevitable. :sad:

jag636

Post by jag636 »

I notice nothing has been said as to who the attacker is which is strange in its self adding speculation as to their country of origin
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Red Dragon wrote:
No, I'm not. As awful as it is I sometimes think these news outlets are constantly trying to gain more viewers. I for one would not want to see a family member or friend being treated there being used for sensationalist purposes by the BBC or whomever. It seems any shred of decency has long left any news outlet where they show a little respect towards the injured or dead.

But we pay a licence fee to the BBC so... they aren't dependant on gaining more viewers? The Daily Mail, perhaps, but still - it's pretty cold to think news organisations "hope" for such events so they can cover them. This isn't Tomorrow Never Dies.

There's a difference for them being sensationalist when something happens (which I agree with you - they are showing lack of restraint, imo), and hoping that something does happen for the sake of it happening.

jag636 wrote:I notice nothing has been said as to who the attacker is which is strange in its self adding speculation as to their country of origin

That doesn't make sense? Maybe people are just being, y'know, decent, and waiting until it's properly confirmed? Who the attacker is is sort of irrelevant, to me at least. A psychotic scumbag is what they are.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

jag636 wrote:I notice nothing has been said as to who the attacker is which is strange in its self adding speculation as to their country of origin

That would be because he was already "identified" by certain social media journalists (edit: and Channel 4)..... turns out the person they had "identified" them as (a UK born hate preacher) is alive and well... in prison.

The worst thing that can happen right now is speculation and finger pointing, it only fuels further hate.

maltwoser

Post by maltwoser »

Maybe because of things like this:

https://twitter.com/alantravis40/status/844634857154232325

What's the rush?

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

It's just been said that the attacker was that nutter Abu Izzadeen. Certainly looks like the man on the stretcher, but as Boff says above his brother has said that he's currently behind bars. Time will tell.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP