Abstained
2%
Abstained
2%

Total votes: 224

Brevet Cable

Re: UKAR GE2017 exit poll

Post by Brevet Cable »

Ours was still busy this evening when I stopped off to vote on the way to work.

Tempted to mess up Chris' poll by falsely saying I voted for Plaid :lol:

Similar to farnboroughrob's experience, most of those I saw were 40+ ...... most of the crumblies ( sorry....OAPs ) voted this morning, so unless they voted this afternoon you have to wonder what happened to the younger voters.
I'd still be surprised if Welsh* Labour's 'AMMM' doesn't get in as usual, though.
(* Welsh because the Labour Party here have spent most of their time trying to distance themselves from 'Corbyn's Labour' )
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

farnboroughrob wrote:Just been out to vote, school at the bottom of the road so not far. Not a scientific study but saw no one on the way there back, or when voting under the ago of 40 ish. Anybody else had a similar experience? It was busy but no more than previous GE's.

Much the same at Blunden Hall, UKIP chap in a linen suit looking like he was off to be High Commissioner somewhere in the Empire outside!

John

JonG96

Post by JonG96 »

farnboroughrob wrote:Just been out to vote, school at the bottom of the road so not far. Not a scientific study but saw no one on the way there back, or when voting under the ago of 40 ish. Anybody else had a similar experience? It was busy but no more than previous GE's.

Mine was empty but I did go at 8am :lol:

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Reports of students being turned away from polling stations across the country despite being registered after their university addresses weren't recognised. This stinks to high hell
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Exit poll on Radio 5 has the Conservatives winning, but losing a lot of seats & failing to get a majority ( short by 12 seats ) with the SNP losing a lot of seats to Labour.
We shall see.
아직도 숨어있다

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

I voted this morning at about 7:30. There were several people in the polling station, mostly electoral staff etc.

Throughout this whole campaign though, we've not had a single leaflet / campaign material through the letterbox, or a single knock on the door from a campaigner - not that I like talking to them that much I do find that a little "surprising"

We'll be back at the polls within 6-12 months if there is a hung parliament - the absolute worst outcome anyone could ever think of...

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Talldan76 wrote:Throughout this whole campaign though, we've not had a single leaflet / campaign material through the letterbox, or a single knock on the door from a campaigner - not that I like talking to them that much I do find that a little "surprising"

If I'd known, I could have sent you some of mine, as we've had loads over the last week....ditto the 'door knockers' & phone-calls :lol:

We'll be back at the polls within 6-12 months if there is a hung parliament - the absolute worst outcome anyone could ever think of...

Be interesting if the exit poll's correct.....would the Conservatives try to run a minority government, and if not who would they form a coalition with this time ?
Same with Labour, Corbyn has previously said he wouldn't form a coalition with the likes of the SNP......or would it be a case of 'needs must' ?

BBC & others reporting that Gideon Osborne's been saying he thinks the Conservatives will lose even more seats than the exit poll is predicting.
Again, we shall see.
아직도 숨어있다

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Disastrous exit poll for T. May.

Lot of people saying that the Exit poll was almost the same (+1 seat) for the Tories in 2015 and they managed a small majority.

May be so, May could still wrangle a majority (or it could, indeed turn out to be a landslide); but that's not the point. May has positioned this to consolidate her majority. a tiny majority will not be good enough for May.

If exit poll is true, IndyRef2 would also appear to be dead in the water...

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Newcastle Central for Labour with a large increase in their majority & a big drop for UKIP
아직도 숨어있다

MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Post by MarkL »

Pringles wrote:Reports of students being turned away from polling stations across the country despite being registered after their university addresses weren't recognised. This stinks to high hell

Disgraceful if not illegal.
HTAFC

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Tommy wrote:Disastrous exit poll for T. May.

Good. I sincerely hope she pays for her arrogance.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

( updated as it goes ) Seats :
Lab : 256
Con : 302
SNP : 34
DUP : 10
Plaid : 3
LibDem : 12
SinnF : 7
Independent : 1 ( in NI )
0 for everyone else.

Clegg gone, Angus Robertson gone, Alex Salmond gone....unfortunately Rudd & 'Loathsom' are still there.

Apparently at least 2 bookies have Corbyn as evens/odds-on to be PM :shock:

And there's a full moon tonight.
Just saying, like.
:biggrin:
Last edited by Brevet Cable on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:41 am, edited 13 times in total.
아직도 숨어있다

Macc

Post by Macc »

Tommy wrote:If exit poll is true, IndyRef2 would also appear to be dead in the water...

I wouldn't say so strongly, there has been a lot of tactical voting north of the border.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

The ones interviewed on Radio 4 & 5 have mainly said that it's down to the youth vote in Scotland & that the youth are fed up of the SNP's 'one-track campaign'
아직도 숨어있다

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Farage: "we're looking down the barrel of a second referendum".

:lmao:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

So.....which Tory MP is going to do a Casca on May, then ?
Bo-Jo seems to be the prime candidate.

Nice to see May's got a face like a slapped haddock during her speech when she retained her seat :biggrin:

One seat left to declare in Wales ( another close-run one with multiple recounts )......so far, the Cons are down 3 ( all to Lab )...Lab got 50% of the vote share in Wales, Cons got 34%
Two seats left to declare in Scotland.....so far, the SNP are down 21, Cons up 12, Lab up 6, LibDems up 3
22 seats left to declare in England.....so far, Cons down 20, Lab up 19 & UKIP have lost their only seat.

25 seats left in total to declare, with the Cons needing 24 of them for an overall majority.
아직도 숨어있다

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Unless the Shinners play a blinder ( after all, they're supposed to be Corbyn's mates according to the media ) and actually take their seats this time :lol:
아직도 숨어있다

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

May has to go.

She called this needless election for purely political reasons and should resign. If you're a Labour supporter you'd probably wish her to stay as she's more of an asset for your party.

Inept, hapless, clueless, weak, wobbly - I'm sure there are other words you can conjure up. She is simply not fit for the office.

As for Labour - Corbyn's common touch and sensible policies show that despite the full onslaught of a disgraceful right-wing media that could stoop lower than a hunch-backed snake has shown there's an appetite away from the austerity 'hard-Brexit' Tories.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/reutersjamie/status/873062759029587968[/tweet]

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

:lmao: :lmao:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/danhewittsky/status/872985973709295617[/tweet]

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

speedbird2639 wrote:Everyone gets the same opportunity to vote yet for some reason the people who you could argue are going to be most affected by the outcome for the longest time think they are 'too cool for school' and don't bother. They seem to prefer to not vote, disagree with the choices of those who do utilise their vote and then demonstrate their unhappiness at the outcome by going to London and fighting with the Police whilst attempting to smash shop windows.

Obviously - some of them can't even be bothered to do that! They'll just moan about the election outcome on Facebook/ Twitter and set up a petition demanding the election they choose to not take part in is re-run in the hope of a result they find more acceptable. And then go for a cry in their university designated safe space!

Excuse me while I enjoy this moment... :wave: :biggrin:
Revenge of the youth! How 18-24 year olds furious over Brexit gave Theresa May a disastrous General Election result
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

My constituency stayed 'blue' with the Tory candidate winning more votes than all the opposition but together so I'm alright, Jack.

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Spiny Norman wrote:May has to go.

She called this needless election for purely political reasons and should resign. If you're a Labour supporter you'd probably wish her to stay as she's more of an asset for your party.

Inept, hapless, clueless, weak, wobbly - I'm sure there are other words you can conjure up. She is simply not fit for the office.

As for Labour - Corbyn's common touch and sensible policies show that despite the full onslaught of a disgraceful right-wing media that could stoop lower than a hunch-backed snake has shown there's an appetite away from the austerity 'hard-Brexit' Tories.

Largely, I agree.

May called an election for political reasons as well as reasons of personal vanity and has been given a kicking, worst of all by a toxic and tainted Labour, which speaks volumes for just how utterly abysmal May is.

Running scared from live debates, refusing to meet real people, absolute crackpot policy decisions (the foxhunting question irreparably damaged the campaign from the outset, even among Tory diehards), and the "Strong and Stable" mantra became a joke and a noose round her neck.

And so we're left with an even more divided country, where the right and left actively despise each other, and there is no common ground. Brexit is the bastard child of this mess, which will anger half the country however it turns out.

Just think, if those 18-25s had voted 12 months ago there'd be no Brexit and a decent man and natural leader still in Number 10...