Total votes: 224

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: UKAR GE2017 exit poll

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

I don't particularly like the woman, but this is spot on:

Sturgeon: 'Reckless' Tories put party ahead of country
Posted at 12:44

The Scottish First Minister says her party "stands ready" to play a part in a progressive alliance and launches a tirade against the Conservatives. "We will work with others if it is at all possible to keep the Tories out of government," says Ms Sturgeon.

"The damage the Tories have done to the stability and reputation of the UK cannot be overstated. In less than a year, they have caused chaos on an industrial scale.

"They recklessly forced through an EU referendum, they then embarked on a disastrous Brexit strategy, deciding to remove Scotland and the UK from the single market with no idea and no plan for what would come next."

Ms Sturgeon says Mrs May called an election knowing the result would come just 11 days before "the most important negotiations in the UK's modern history" were due to start.

"They were so arrogant they thought they could do anything and get away with it... They have consistently put the interests of the Tory party ahead of the interests of the country"

They must never be forgiven.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

They have consistently put the interests of the Tory party ahead of the interests of the country

And if you believe what a large number of people who claim to be Conservative supporters ( and some who were former Conservative MPs ) it went deeper than that.
A repeated complaint from them was that they didn't like the fact that May decided to fight a Presidential-style campaign by making it about herself rather than the Party.
Quite a few ( including some of the former Conservative MPs & pro-Conservative journalists ) also admitted that if the campaigning had run a week or two longer Corbyn would have won.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Sturgeon: remove Scotland and the UK

I thought Scotland was still part of the UK? This is why the one trick pony lost seats. It's the only thing she talks about.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

CJS

Post by CJS »

"They were so arrogant they thought they could do anything and get away with it..."

Ha ha ha...brilliant :lol: :loser: :facepalm:
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Nicked from elsewhere...

Oh, no, it's that May woman again......tell her we're not here !!

:biggrin:
아직도 숨어있다

Tim N

Post by Tim N »

BREAKING NEWS:- As well as asking to form a minority Government,despite coming second. Jeremy Corbyn is demanding another election to be fought on social media only by 18-24 year olds.

In other Premiership news, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club are demanding they are awarded the 2016/2017 Premiership Title after coming second in the League.

maltwoser

Post by maltwoser »

Fake news!

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Tim N wrote:BREAKING NEWS:- As well as asking to form a minority Government,despite coming second. Jeremy Corbyn is demanding another election to be fought on social media only by 18-24 year olds.

In other Premiership news, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club are demanding they are awarded the 2016/2017 Premiership Title after coming second in the League.

In amidst that there is a valid point. The left lost the election, but won the social media battle. Anyone who spoke out as a Conservative on Twitter, or indeed Facebook, was rounded on by the left. A lot of it deeply unpleasant. I've seen the glamour model Jodie Marsh (a good egg who does a lot for animal charities and anti-bullying organisations) today called a "Tory bitch" purely for voicing support for a political party. Celebrities have queued up to have their balls licked by virtue signalling their support for Corbyn. I guarantee there were just as many voted for/supported the Tories but dare not say so for fear of career suicide. How is that acceptable? The left are bullies - their conduct on social media shows you just how nasty they are.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
Tim N wrote:BREAKING NEWS:- As well as asking to form a minority Government,despite coming second. Jeremy Corbyn is demanding another election to be fought on social media only by 18-24 year olds.

In amidst that there is a valid point. The left lost the election, but won the social media battle. Anyone who spoke out as a Conservative on Twitter, or indeed Facebook, was rounded on by the left. A lot of it deeply unpleasant. I've seen the glamour model Jodie Marsh (a good egg who does a lot for animal charities and anti-bullying organisations) today called a "Tory bitch" purely for voicing support for a political party. Celebrities have queued up to have their balls licked by virtue signalling their support for Corbyn. I guarantee there were just as many voted for/supported the Tories but dare not say so for fear of career suicide. How is that acceptable? The left are bullies - their conduct on social media shows you just how nasty they are.

Bullies? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

CMS

Post by CMS »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:

Whilst I don't doubt what you experienced, it's just that people are many bullies whether they are right or left wing. I was shocked to read a copy of the Daily Mail a week or so ago, first newspaper for ages, and the vitriol was appalling, all aimed at labour supporter. I've seen comments saying left wingers are loonioes, terrorist apologists, feeble minded, gutless etc. So it's both sides, people just love to attack people with different views to make themselves feel better and re-inforce their own belief systems that they are right.

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Dan O'Hagan

^^This - a lot of yhe language used by 'the left' is nothing short of appalling and in a lot cases would certainly meet the criteria to be considered 'hate speech' - but for some reason nothing ever gets reported and no action ever gets taken. I mot talking about Corbyn etc but the odious little foot soldiers of the Left.

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

I seem to recall the mental state of Labour voters being called into question on this very forum. I can't recall who said such a thing though.......

starbuck

Post by starbuck »

Just been listening to 5live and they were discussing the massive swing to Labour from the Conservatives in Canterbury. The seat has been true blue since 1918 and despite the Tory candidate increasing his number of votes since 2015 he lost. This is being credited to the fact that Canterbury's university population turned out in large numbers and voted Labour.

This doesn't sit quite right with me.

It isn't a red or blue issue & I'm all for getting students out voting but shouldn't their vote be cast for where they live and not where they are temporarily staying? After all none of them who cast their vote are going to stay in the constituency long enough to see a parliament term through (although at the moment they way things are going they could soon become bored with the number of elections going on)

When I was serving overseas I nominated someone at home as my proxy vote

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics ... 61296.html

I can see small university towns / cities really becoming big marginal targets where the student population could hold the balance.

vandal

Post by vandal »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:

And the way the Press went after Corbyn, that was acceptable, was it?

I'm not saying it's right, but to criticise the Left when Conservative supporters, particularly the Media, have been just as toxic smacks of hypocrisy.

Macc

Post by Macc »

starbuck wrote:This doesn't sit quite right with me.

It isn't a red or blue issue & I'm all for getting students out voting but shouldn't their vote be cast for where they live and not where they are temporarily staying? After all none of them who cast their vote are going to stay in the constituency long enough to see a parliament term through (although at the moment they way things are going they could soon become bored with the number of elections going on)

That's because that was still home to you, right? If university students are studying in a city and want to vote there, it shouldn't really be a problem because maybe they don't go home that often and feel closer to the issues where they currently live rather than the hometown they are not in anymore?

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

vandal wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:

I'm not saying it's right, but to criticise the Left when Conservative supporters, particularly the Media, have been just as toxic smacks of hypocrisy.

The media went after Corbyn based on things he has done in his political career. Fair game. A game he knows and accepts.

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

LOL "The left are bullies - their conduct on social media shows you just how nasty they are".

This Comes from the guy who calls every one a dumb ass if they don't vote his way!! comedy gold.

"A repeated complaint from them was that they didn't like the fact that May decided to fight a Presidential-style campaign by making it about herself rather than the Party"

I was only talking about this to a few people here in the office here accross the water. I have been following the news over the past while and for sure could not reel off some more Tory Politicians other than May, Grove and Boris. Mind you did Labour show off many others over the past while either? Abbot did provide so real entertainment.

We have a few like her here! Check out Michael Healy Rae (you may want an interpreter),

Have a gander

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/po ... 72090.html.

Climate change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeiEO6rv97s

Eating too much and driving is just a bad as drink driving https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rocekz-FzCc

And this guy gets paid!

Enjoy Cosford lads. If the rain that we have now pops across tomorrow the pond if wont be fun!
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

tache3
UKAR Supporter

Post by tache3 »

DerekF wrote:I seem to recall the mental state of Labour voters being called into question on this very forum. I can't recall who said such a thing though.......

I really can't think...

Dan O'Hagan wrote: a clueless buffoon

Dan O'Hagan wrote: a gutless Trot

Dan O'Hagan wrote: a risible cartoon Trot

Dan O'Hagan wrote: a Britain-hating Trot like Corbyn

Dan O'Hagan wrote: you would need to be certifiable to vote for Labour

Dan O'Hagan wrote: an apologist for terror, and a friend to the evil.

Dan O'Hagan wrote: the appalling quality of people coming through the Labour movement, and the intellect of those who vote for them.

vandal

Post by vandal »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
vandal wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:

The media went after Corbyn based on things he has done in his political career. Fair game. A game he knows and accepts.

Yes, silly me. Corbyn was at a rally in 2002. Makes him 'fair game'

Sun Newspaper had a whole rake of it's staff arrested on suspicion of corruption in 2012. Would it be fair game to drag that up?

tache3
UKAR Supporter

Post by tache3 »

vandal wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:

Sun Newspaper had a whole rake of it's staff arrested on suspicion of corruption in 2012. Would it be fair game to drag that up?

Plus, considering the unsavoury past of the lot that the Tores are considering getting into bed with, is hypocrisy of a breathtaking degree.

CMS

Post by CMS »

tache3 wrote:
vandal wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:

Plus, considering the unsavoury past of the lot that the Tores are considering getting into bed with, is hypocrisy of a breathtaking degree.

:clap: and there won't be a whisper of this fact in the majority of press as they desperately search for new ways to put the blame for the result on those that voted incorrectly/were deceived, not the politicians.

vandal

Post by vandal »

tache3 wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... e-lecture/

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

CMS wrote::clap: and there won't be a whisper of this fact in the majority of press as they desperately search for new ways to put the blame for the result on those that voted incorrectly/were deceived, not the politicians.

Wanna bet.....
Just do a search for something like 'Conservatives DUP terrorists'.
It just won't be in most of the Murdoch media, the others see it as fair game.

:biggrin:
Last edited by Brevet Cable on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
아직도 숨어있다

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Just as a matter of interest, I thought I'd look up the reaction to a celebrity that came out in support of Labour. Here's just a handful sent to Lily Allen (you'll have to forgive me for the language contained within, but I've wrapped them in spoiler tags so click at your peril):

[spoiler][tweet]https://twitter.com/MattyScho1982/status/873206748412350464[/tweet][/spoiler]

[spoiler][tweet]https://twitter.com/alexsandr_three/status/873219056198987776[/tweet][/spoiler]

[spoiler][tweet]https://twitter.com/SirJohnJervis/status/873215717700759553[/tweet][/spoiler]

There are nasty people on both sides of a debate. Fact.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

When it comes to Lily Allen, it seems to be open season on her for a number of reasons these days.
아직도 숨어있다