Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Pat Murphy on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 11:43 am

CJS wrote:This is a genuine question...

If I 'act unlawfully' I can (should, if caught) be arrested and face charges (a fine, a prison sentence etc etc...) If the PM 'acts unlawfully' is s/he somehow above this happening to them?

Also, can anyone (I mean actually anyone, including BoJo himself) really, truly and honestly* see a way in which he can stay on as PM now?

*I realise that these are not words you would choose to describe a lot of politicians, so the answer I guess will be 'yes'!

Not sure if it's a criminal offence he has committed. Any law people on here? Trouble is, if he "considers his position" as has been mentioned by some and then resigns, there would have to be ANOTHER tory leadership election, as well as a GE or maybe a further referendum. After last week's outpouring, it's almost remarkable that Cameron is nowhere to be seen today. Still think it's that idiot's fault we are here in the first place.....

Oh well, I'm sure all will out. Popcorn anyone??
Pat Murphy

Postby Tommy on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 12:07 pm

I haven’t really the time to go into it atm, but unlawful and illegal are two different things.

Edit - just imagine having the posh white male privilege of Boris Johnson, believing for much of your life that you were *entitled* to lead this country, and when you finally do take control, you cock-up so badly in such a short space of time that you genuinely might be the worst PM this country has ever had.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby CJS on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 12:19 pm

Tommy wrote:I haven’t really the time to go into it atm, but unlawful and illegal are two different things.

Thanks Tommy, that'll do me for now. :up:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby Georgeconna on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 12:21 pm

MiG_Eater wrote:
rockfordstone wrote:
Georgeconna wrote:

Well if the comments listed below the hard hitting article are anything to go by it seems they have a fair bit of support.

so they go to the beach and patrol and then do what? turn the boats around, citizens arrest immigrants, drown them? i suspect they answers made them look like the racists they probably are.
the state of the comments section though.

They lads there cant do much in all fairness but they actually give a toss they way the UK is heading and they are called racist. Why don't few of you dogooders take a break from looking a aeroplanes and pop down to the beach and give the boat folk a spin back to you gaf and put them up in your spare room then for a bit. see how that works out.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.
Georgeconna

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 12:27 pm

Turps, Brasso, Toilet Duck, or a cocktail of all three?
Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby parsley on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 1:01 pm

Georgeconna wrote:
MiG_Eater wrote:
rockfordstone wrote:
Georgeconna wrote:

Well if the comments listed below the hard hitting article are anything to go by it seems they have a fair bit of support.

so they go to the beach and patrol and then do what? turn the boats around, citizens arrest immigrants, drown them? i suspect they answers made them look like the racists they probably are.
the state of the comments section though.

They lads there cant do much in all fairness but they actually give a toss they way the UK is heading and they are called racist. Why don't few of you dogooders take a break from looking a aeroplanes and pop down to the beach and give the boat folk a spin back to you gaf and put them up in your spare room then for a bit. see how that works out.

Yes George...Britain First are a great bunch of lads...totally peaceloving,non judgemental,benevolent and not in the least bit racist
:wall:
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Postby CJS on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 1:30 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:Turps, Brasso, Toilet Duck, or a cocktail of all three?

:grin:

Don't knock it til you've tried it Brevet :shock: :dizzy: :heyhey: :cuppa:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby AlexC on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 1:43 pm

CJS wrote:Also, can anyone (I mean actually anyone, including BoJo himself) really, truly and honestly* see a way in which he can stay on as PM now?

Not a chance!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby cg_341 on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 1:44 pm

Georgeconna wrote:Why don't few of you dogooders take a break from looking a aeroplanes and pop down to the beach and give the boat folk a spin back to you gaf and put them up in your spare room then for a bit. see how that works out.

Why don't you? Or perhaps you have already and that's how you've come to the conclusion you have and can speak with the authority you do, knowing that you're not a racist?
cg_341

Postby HuwJHopkins on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 2:06 pm

Georgeconna wrote:They lads there cant do much in all fairness but they actually give a toss they way the UK is heading and they are called racist. Why don't few of you dogooders take a break from looking a aeroplanes and pop down to the beach and give the boat folk a spin back to you gaf and put them up in your spare room then for a bit. see how that works out.

The absolute state of this comment. No points or discussion to add so just well...well....you take them all home to your house and see! See what exactly? Why does someone need to take migrants to their home to see a point you haven't specified?

How does a relatively small number of migrants indicate "the way the UK is heading", anyway, and that caring about stopping them is somehow more legitimate in caring about the future of the UK than caring about Brexit, which is arguably a lot bigger and a lot more about the way the UK is heading? I presume you care gravely about all of the economic warnings surrounding Brexit too, and the swathe of businesses that have already gone because of it? Or is that all Project Fear and the real issue is the migrants in boats?

That lot on the beach is like something straight out of a parody or a Cold War Steve piece. Tattooed men in Britain First shirts gazing through binoculars at the empty sea, wasting hours upon hours of their life. Absolutely hilarious.
HuwJHopkins

Postby AlexC on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 2:10 pm

I have to say that on the whole I tend to find Gina Miller a bit of a sanctimonious so-and-so at times, but in this case the girl done good! :up:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby rockfordstone on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 2:25 pm

HuwJHopkins wrote:
Georgeconna wrote:They lads there cant do much in all fairness but they actually give a toss they way the UK is heading and they are called racist. Why don't few of you dogooders take a break from looking a aeroplanes and pop down to the beach and give the boat folk a spin back to you gaf and put them up in your spare room then for a bit. see how that works out.

The absolute state of this comment. No points or discussion to add so just well...well....you take them all home to your house and see! See what exactly?

see them steal from you, live off your benefits and also take your job at the same time. they will also make bombs, vote for labour and watch corbyn take your house away to give to them.
what do you think of that you rabid lefty liberal elite, huh?
Last edited by rockfordstone on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockfordstone

Postby Finningley Boy on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 2:25 pm

Miller and Supreme Court Judges are all fanatical remainers anyway! That nice Mr Johnson should give them all a damn good ignoring, before we all end speaking French, hanging around Cannabis cafes and munching Frikadellen! :tongue2:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Postby Mooshie1956 on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 2:48 pm

rockfordstone wrote:
HuwJHopkins wrote:

The absolute state of this comment. No points or discussion to add so just well...well....you take them all home to your house and see! See what exactly?

see them steal from you, live off your benefits and also take your job at the same time. they will also make bombs, vote for labour and watch corbyn take your house away to give to them.
what do you think of that you rabid lefty liberal elite, huh?

I'm no saint, but wow those comments are just unbelievable.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 3:00 pm

FB....good catch! Image
:lol:
Brevet Cable

Postby Finningley Boy on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 3:12 pm

Brevet Cable wrote:FB....good catch! Image
:lol:

Your welcome sir, :wink:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Postby Elliott Marsh on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 3:26 pm

What hilariously rotten insight to add to the toilet of posts from this poorly sketched parody of a Daily Mail reader.
Elliott Marsh

Postby MiG_Eater on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 3:28 pm

Incidentally - am I the only Leave voter here that thought suspending parliament was a bad decision?

I do believe that parliament fully intends to thwart Brexit, and I totally understand why BJ did it - but I still thought it was wrong. We needed a general election long ago, and this is the only way forward with parliament in the state it is.
MiG_Eater

Postby Spiny Norman on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 3:29 pm

AlexC wrote:
CJS wrote:Also, can anyone (I mean actually anyone, including BoJo himself) really, truly and honestly* see a way in which he can stay on as PM now?

Not a chance!

To have "unlawful" next to a decision you made would have seen any previous prime minister (with the exception of May) resign immediately. To have embarrassed the monarch in such a way would have been seen to be way out of order.

Johnson and his merry men are now spinning that the Supreme Court is interfering in the democratic system. The idiots trying to do away with the parliament-executive-justice system that has served the country, and is intended to prevent abuses of power, for centuries. It was no mistake the Supreme Court judgement mentioned Charles I. These are dangerous waters for British democracy.
Spiny Norman

Postby lambo17841 on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 3:31 pm

Have not seen it mentioned if Boris is coming back tomorrow for the fun and games in Parliament.
Calls for him to resign will just make him dig his heels in with a bit of bluster and just carry on whilst all around him have not got a clue what will happen next.
I think many MPs no matter how bad May's deal was wished they had accepted it and not got us into this mess.
At least with May they new she was weak and what they were getting but with Boris they have no idea what to expect,only his few selected cabinet members and advisors have a clue what is going on.

John
lambo17841

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 3:42 pm

PMBJ's supposed to be flying back tonight, they're also recalling Conservative MPs from their holidays to attend tomorrow.
Brevet Cable

Postby pbeardmore on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 4:20 pm

Like Trump, he is so far removed from reality that he won't resign, but surely, the party knows he can't win an election. You just don't lie to the Queen - full stop. They will find a way to get rid of him.

New Con leader?: here we go again.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby rockfordstone on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 4:26 pm

pbeardmore wrote:Like Trump, he is so far removed from reality that he won't resign, but surely, the party knows he can't win an election. You just don't lie to the Queen - full stop. They will find a way to get rid of him.

New Con leader?: here we go again.

but that's the thing. the political world is so bonkers he could throw a cat in front of a car and people will still vote for him.
he's going to turn it into a "courts vs brexit and the people" campaign and people will lap it up. the needle won't budge in terms of his popularity.
rockfordstone

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 5:05 pm

He's a bit stuffed in that respect, though, as the Brexit Party are calling for him to resign too
Brevet Cable

Postby Tommy on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 5:21 pm

If he does successfully turn it into “courts against Brexit”, then it’ll be pretty easy to all but the most bottom-feeding idiots that this is wrong. The Court stressed, greatly, that the judgment was nothing to do with Brexit.

Boris also instructed the government lawyers that prorogation was nothing to do with Brexit. They were at great pains to stress that. We all saw them stress that.

Anyone who today moans and can’t get over the judgment because they think it’s “muhhhh judges v Brexit” are thick twerps. Or they know the truth and are saying it anyway. In which case they’re lying twerps. Which is even worse.
Tommy
UKAR Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic