Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
iainpeden

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Post by iainpeden »

Tommy wrote:That bunch of petulant children:

[tweet]http://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1187436091529408512[/tweet]

More and more BJ (or should he be retitled OWO) reminds me of a capon; overly fleshy, loud but without the tackle to do the job. (Tommy - as a mod, if that's bit near the knuckle remove it)
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Zoom

Post by Zoom »

I think JC would be daft to vote for a GE; at worst he'll lose quite a few seats (maybe some to the BP) and PMBJ's deal will go through, at best he'll be PM of a rainbow alliance of minority Labour / SNP / LD / Green / independent Rudd-u-likes with which he'll have to try to steer his version of Brexit through. I don't see him pinning his colours to a Remain manifesto.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Boris is just dead-catting. He needs something to distract from the fact that he failed his one and only central tenant and promise. He failed the foundation upon which he is in power.

Christ, I do hope the EU agree to extend though. One wonders what happens if the don’t? There is no mandate for a no-deal, clearly, so I suppose it’s revoke, and work on the deal without the arbitrary deadline over us.

How humiliating that Britain is once again sat in the corridor awaiting the EU to decide it’s fate. Thrice in twelve months.

Zoom

Post by Zoom »

Tommy wrote:Christ, I do hope the EU agree to extend though

of course they will; they will kick the ball back into our half every time and why shouldn't they? it was our stupid idea. Despite all the BS not one EU country nor the EP have really prepared for No Deal. Macron's fed up with us but his Utopia of an even more Federal EU will have to wait.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

It’s probably worth not even bothering to point out the lies and just assume that everything Johnson’s government says or does is a lie, and every action will be incompetently carried out but for posterity:

[tweet]http://twitter.com/dpjhodges/status/1187630058866909185[/tweet]

His fibs to the court were paper thin.

They can’t even commit to their lies properly.

I speak as an ex-Tory and a small “c” conservative, but I don't see how the current party deserve one single vote in their favour.

I think almost every decision they have made since their 2015 majority has ended in failure (or if it hasn’t, it’s success can be attributed to others)

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

His pathetically puerile petulant plan has commenced, then...…..he did say he was going to block or frustrate every debate and vote, and would concentrate on forcing a GE.
He's already got the record for the most consecutive votes lost by a PM, no doubt his next target is to become the most contemptible PM ever.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

And they call this DEMOCRACY??? :loser: :loser: :loser:

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

So just supposing, miraculously, by some strange act of fate, there is a GE on 12 December, this year. What Government, or make up of government, would we all like to see. I'll get the ball rolling by stating I don't have a clue! I only know the ones I don't want and I haven't worked out whether, or what level of, damage would be inflicted by any of the parties I would ordinarily vote for.

FB :cuppa:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

Finningley Boy wrote:So just supposing, miraculously, by some strange act of fate, there is a GE on 12 December, this year. What Government, or make up of government, would we all like to see. I'll get the ball rolling by stating I don't have a clue! I only know the ones I don't want and I haven't worked out whether, or what level of, damage would be inflicted by any of the parties I would ordinarily vote for.

FB :cuppa:

We won't get one......yet. As for the make up of the next Gov....I also don't know but my bet is on a Hung Parliament with the Lib Dems as King makers. Leave vote may fracture with Brexit Party clubbing the Cons over the 31st Oct. Labour look lost as it stands.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

One that will never happen.....
A temporary, Partyless one whose sole function is to resolve Brexit one way or the other ( after all, most other Parliamentary functioning has already taken a back-seat )
No Prime Minister, no Cabinet, none of the usual trappings of UK Government.
Candidates would stand on one of three positions - Deal, No-deal, Remain.

That said, even if they did all that they'd probably still find a way to mess things up.

Unless Brexit is resolved beforehand, I think that another GE will result in an even more shambolic Parliament than we have now.
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Reported on BBC World Service last night.....Police are investigating after a GoFundMe page was set up with the aim of raising enough money to hire someone to kill Gina Miller.
By all accounts, something like £10k had already been raised.
Hopefully those donating to it will find Plod knocking on their doors in the very near future.
아직도 숨어있다

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Brevet Cable wrote:Reported on BBC World Service last night.....Police are investigating after a GoFundMe page was set up with the aim of raising enough money to hire someone to kill Gina Miller.
Hopefully those donating to it will find Plod knocking on their doors in the very near future.

Police are investigating a crowdfunding page which sought to raise £10,000 to have campaigner Gina Miller killed.

GoFundMe took down the page, which had not raised any money, and apologised for any distress to Ms Miller, who called the crowdfunding "horrifying".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50202060

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

This seems to be the new 'Vulcan' thread. A load of pages of guff where people wind themselves up but inevitably wont make any difference to anything whatsoever! :lol:

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

Reds Rolling wrote:This seems to be the new 'Vulcan' thread. A load of pages of guff where people wind themselves up but inevitably wont make any difference to anything whatsoever! :lol:

that's pretty much just a description of every forum post ever

CJS

Post by CJS »

EU have agreed the extension to 31.01.20.

Now can we please have a ge, to at least bring some sense of authority to whichever bunch of idiots ends up in charge (assuming that happens, which I can see it might not)?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Brevet Cable wrote:Reported on BBC World Service last night.....Police are investigating after a GoFundMe page was set up with the aim of raising enough money to hire someone to kill Gina Miller.

She's certainly not my favourite person in the world, but it must surely go without saying that nobody here would advocate such a thing. As I think I've said before I know the parents-in-law of Jo Cox, and therefore know just a little of what the family have been going though since her murder at the hands of a nut-job.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

It’s inelegant and playground-petty as balls, but there it is.

Boris failed his one and only promise:

[tweet]http://twitter.com/albertonardelli/status/1188867753173749760[/tweet]

He’s a loser. Just like May. Just like every other prominent Brexiteer. They lose and lose and lose. Because they never promised anything they could actually win.

It’s very possible to leave the EU. It’s very possible to do it on terms most Remainers, whilst not enthusiastic about, could support.

But ever since those stupid red lines at the Tory Party Conference in 2016, they’ve shut themselves further and further into a box.

Brexit hasn’t been delivered. People aren’t rioting in the streets.

Let’s just revoke this damn thing. It has failed. It’s been failing for far too long. No-one has got any solutions that are any more inspiring or engaging than a fart in a jam jar. Let’s just put the bloody whole turgid thing out of its misery and move on and go back to arguing about what wars we should or shouldn’t fight, and who’s claiming for a second jag, and some crappy legislation about psychoactive substances.

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Total nonsense. As well as halting Brexit why not to wait until New Year and start a fresh and have a General Election after the New Year and not ruin our Christmas..

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

How does a general election ruin your Christmas?

At least a (new) planned exit date in the new year means we won't all be bankrupt by Christmas I suppose...

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

No surprise, he's lost another vote, his further attempt to force a GE.
299 for, 70 against ( needed 434 votes to have passed )

Can we bin BoJo & co and put Ken Clarke & John Redwood in charge, please?
아직도 숨어있다

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

Brevet Cable wrote:No surprise, he's lost another vote, his further attempt to force a GE.
299 for, 70 against ( needed 434 votes to have passed )

Can we bin BoJo & co and put Ken Clarke & John Redwood in charge, please?

John Redwood.....did I hear you right Brevet!?!?!?!?!? :shock:

FB :confused:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

You did indeed.
I was quite shocked myself, actually.
I thought he was an utter tosser when he was Sec of State for Wales ( because he was an utter tosser ) and with his anti-EU stance.
Unlike most other hard-line pro-Leave MPs, though, he actually seems to have realised that both Leavers and Remainers have to compromise and - indeed - work together to reach a consensus to get things sorted and that BoJo's Cummings-inspired stance is causing more harm than good.
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

아직도 숨어있다

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

just as well they carried this out otherwise it would have been chaos on friday.....

all this money being spaffed up the wall to give the illusion the government are being held back by parliament in their bid to deliver brexit.

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

Labour now backing a general election, it's happening.