Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Finningley Boy on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 11:06 am

Tommy wrote:
Southendnick wrote:Who voted against

Not a clue, but whomever it is is probably an idiot. Some of those laws are pretty decent pieces of legislation. Some aren’t/weren’t (and a decent chunk of it enacted during a Labour government :whistle: )

But i’ll bet you haven’t got a clue what they actually say or do beyond the bleurb. So my question is; which Facebook group are you getting all this from?

And how is it that you (they) can name all those pieces of legislation to make a point, but can’t name a single bad EU law forced upon this country and say how it affects or has affected your life? Because I’m quite sure if you(they) had found some, you’d be preaching it as loud as you could (and they do exist).

Tommy, I wish you'd take matters more seriously instead of being so damn flippant all the time! :wink:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 9:23 am

Unofficial forum brauer und winzer
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
Brevet Cable

Postby Spiny Norman on Sat 09 Nov 2019, 5:20 pm

Senior politicians being accused of lying used to be a big story. Now after Brexit and Trump they can survive without resigning it seems.

Of course, at an election, the electorate can choose to throw them out of power.
Spiny Norman

Postby AlexC on Sat 16 Nov 2019, 11:25 am

Spiny Norman wrote:Of course, at an election, the electorate can choose to throw them out of power.

Very true, but if we throw the present lot out in December we get Corbin as PM! :shock:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby rockfordstone on Sun 17 Nov 2019, 5:25 pm

AlexC wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:Of course, at an election, the electorate can choose to throw them out of power.

Very true, but if we throw the present lot out in December we get Corbin as PM! :shock:

but then we can vote him out again at the next one.
rockfordstone

Postby iainpeden on Mon 25 Nov 2019, 2:58 pm

Thank God our police are not routinely armed or somebody would be selling a yellow mini, slightly holed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50544243
iainpeden

Previous

Return to Off Topic