Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Spiny Norman on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 1:52 pm

toom317 wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen Boris recently?


According to Sky, "The PM is spending much of the week at a grace-and-favour mansion in Kent."

You couldn't make it up.
User avatar
Spiny Norman

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Southendnick on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 3:53 pm

What is the point of him going to the floods when it will pull emergency services off helping people and physically he will not be able to do much, none of the MP's that visit actually get stuck in helping recue people or loading damaged belongings into rubbish trucks they just walk round, asking people if they are alright and how they are doing, much better to stay away and let the professionals do their job without an MP and the press pack getting in the way.
Spelling mistakes and grammatical error specialist

http://www.southendtimeline.com
User avatar
Southendnick

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 4:27 pm

Southendnick wrote:What is the point of him going to the floods...


Blindingly obvious. So that he can see the effect of the floods first hand, to understand the scale and impact, see everything in context, and be better able to respond appropriately when various resource requests come to him in due course. Also to show empathy, and to boost morale. Its very very basic management.

Not that seeing him would boost my morale it has to be said.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
User avatar
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby CJS on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 4:38 pm

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
Southendnick wrote:What is the point of him going to the floods...


Blindingly obvious. So that he can see the effect of the floods first hand, to understand the scale and impact, see everything in context, and be better able to respond appropriately when various resource requests come to him in due course. Also to show empathy, and to boost morale. Its very very basic management.

Not that seeing him would boost my morale it has to be said.


Indeed, on all counts. Really, really obvious that he should go.

He'd also make a fairly effective sandbag...

A better sandbag than a prime minister any way...
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby rockfordstone on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 4:59 pm

Southendnick wrote:What is the point of him going to the floods when it will pull emergency services off helping people and physically he will not be able to do much, none of the MP's that visit actually get stuck in helping recue people or loading damaged belongings into rubbish trucks they just walk round, asking people if they are alright and how they are doing, much better to stay away and let the professionals do their job without an MP and the press pack getting in the way.

Simply put so the people he leads can actually see some leadership and support in their time of need.

It's not even the need to show up. He won't get COBRA together given we've had 2 bad rounds of flooding in 2 weeks.

He's absent when the people he claims to stand for need him to be there
User avatar
rockfordstone

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Spiny Norman on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 5:08 pm

Southendnick wrote:What is the point of him going to the floods when it will pull emergency services off helping people and physically he will not be able to do much, none of the MP's that visit actually get stuck in helping recue people or loading damaged belongings into rubbish trucks they just walk round, asking people if they are alright and how they are doing, much better to stay away and let the professionals do their job without an MP and the press pack getting in the way.


Was the same with Churchill, going round them bomb sites, what did he think he was doing, cheering them up and showing that the government of the day actually gave a hoot about the people suffering?
User avatar
Spiny Norman

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Southendnick on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 5:09 pm

Don't see Corbyn or Abbott going, or the Lib Dem leader whoever it is this week
Spelling mistakes and grammatical error specialist

http://www.southendtimeline.com
User avatar
Southendnick

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Tommy on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 5:15 pm

Southendnick wrote:Don't see Corbyn or Abbott going, or the Lib Dem leader whoever it is this week


I don’t know what Abbott has anything to do with it, but they aren’t the ones who have the the power, in their capacity of leading the country to directly make decisions to help these people now, and prevent further occasions such as this.

And even if you’re right, just because they haven’t gone doesn’t absolve Boris for not going. Maybe they’re all a bunch of ineffectual farts.
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Tommy on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 5:15 pm

I think we’re straying off topic though. Pretty sure there’s a general “UK Politics Thread” to which the discussion should move.
User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby iainpeden on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 6:39 pm

[/quote] Maybe they’re all a bunch of ineffectual farts.[/quote]

I thought that was part of the job description.
User avatar
iainpeden

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby parsley on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 7:16 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:
toom317 wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen Boris recently?


According to Sky, "The PM is spending much of the week at a grace-and-favour mansion in Kent."

You couldn't make it up.


= Dom says he can't go out to play ?
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby CJS on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 8:23 pm

parsley wrote:
Spiny Norman wrote:
toom317 wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anyone seen Boris recently?


According to Sky, "The PM is spending much of the week at a grace-and-favour mansion in Kent."

You couldn't make it up.


= Dom says he can't go out to play ?


Probably a good point. It's not as if he makes anything, anywhere, better in any way, shape or form.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Paulish on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 6:58 am

I thought I saw Corbyn in South Wales visiting the scene of the floods there.
Paulish

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Paulish on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 7:52 am

BoJo on the other hand is enjoying his first two week recess in over er... six weeks and has commandeered his mates grace and favour house for a proper chill with Caz.
Paulish

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby R4118 on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 8:31 am

Of course he should go and visit the flood victims.
But does he have the courage to do so? He knows very well that he would receive a warm welcome if he shows up somewhere. A warm welcome is several sense of the word.
And that is what Dominique knows: him not showing up is a minor news item; him showing up and being booed or cornered in a discussion is a big news item. So the PM goes for self preservation, and not for the peoples worries of the day.

Just my thoughts
2020
Frisian Flag cancelled
La Ferté-Alias cancelled
Laage cancelled
Meaux
Legends
RIAT cancelled
KB
Duxford
User avatar
R4118

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby starbuck on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 9:13 am

Trying to steer it back to Brexit, it's amusing to see so many people supporting Nigel Farage's stance on here in the last few days
starbuck

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 9:22 am

Southendnick wrote:Don't see Corbyn or Abbott going, or the Lib Dem leader whoever it is this week

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-02- ... g-victims/
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
User avatar
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Spiny Norman on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 11:53 am

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Southendnick wrote:Don't see Corbyn or Abbott going, or the Lib Dem leader whoever it is this week

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-02- ... g-victims/


It's hilarious hearing politicians being accused of 'politicising' something. Er, that's their job. Bit of a desperate attempt by a government who clearly don't care about anyone except for themselves.
User avatar
Spiny Norman

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Southendnick on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 12:40 pm

Well it's not everyday Diane Abbott blocks you on Twitter for asking a question...

She said that the Terror attacks on the shisha bars in Germany were terrible and all terrorism must be denounced.

All I asked was Did she include the IRA in that or are they still freedom fighters.

Seems she doesn't like being reminded of her views of them.
Spelling mistakes and grammatical error specialist

http://www.southendtimeline.com
User avatar
Southendnick

Re: Is anybody happy with the Brexit white paper?

Postby Zoom on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 10:26 pm

Southendnick wrote:Well it's not everyday Diane Abbott blocks you on Twitter for asking a question...

She said that the Terror attacks on the shisha bars in Germany were terrible and all terrorism must be denounced.

All I asked was Did she include the IRA in that or are they still freedom fighters.

Seems she doesn't like being reminded of her views of them.


and this has what to do with Brexit?

Please move this discussion to the UKAR Politics thread :smile:
Zoom

Previous

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FlankerPhoto and 13 guests