Hi

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Euan Buchan

Hi

Post by Euan Buchan »

Hi there Thought I'd join this site I was obsessed with Planes when I was younger my Grandpa & I would go plane watching together he would take me to a gate near the Airport and we watched Planes land and take off as well as going to a path to watch planes land and take off. Edinburgh Airport used to have a balcony you could go to even though you weren't flying and watch planes so went there a few times would go to Airshows as well. Around 1997 I lost interest in Plane watching because I became interested in Birding It's my main passion but I still liked Planes, I would look at planes when one flies by and when I was at the airport I liked looking out at the runway to see what's going on (I still do). After my Grandpa died last November I wanted to visit the path he and I used to go plane watching so I got the plane watching bug again and went to a Airshow earlier this year too. Every time I go to the path I used to go with my Grandpa I think of the lovely memories I had with him so mostly I see a plane I think of him.
Last edited by Euan Buchan on Wed 24 Oct 2018, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Concorde Forum
A Site Dedicated For Concorde Fans
http://theconcordeforum.freeforums.net/

The Baron

Re: Hi

Post by The Baron »

Hi Euan.
Welcome to the Mad House.
Those sound like wonderful memories. You're a lucky person.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Welcome Euan, you should join the Edinburgh Airport Facebook group as they'd love to see your photos :- https://www.facebook.com/groups/347935771980357/

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Hi Euan, welcome to the group! We're generally a friendly bunch, but there are a few grumps in our midst. :wave:

CJS

Post by CJS »

jalfrezi wrote:Hi Euan, welcome to the group! We're generally a friendly bunch, but there are a few grumps in our midst. :wave:

Only at the end of a very long term. :grin: :dizzy:
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

jalfrezi wrote:Hi Euan, welcome to the group! We're generally a friendly bunch, but there are a few grumps in our midst. :wave:

Care to name names?! :question:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

AlexC wrote:

Care to name names?! :question:

Certainly not!

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

I thought not!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

That's all part of the joy of joining a new community. :smile:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Hi Euan!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016