The UKAR politics thread

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
pbeardmore

Re: 2019 General Election

Post by pbeardmore »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPhMVbleU0

This is a reminder that the arguments have not changed but the quality of those making those arguments has. Thatcher and Kinnock were giants compared to the dismal choice we face tomorrow.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Kinnock a giant? Certainly not as I'd remember him. He was known as 'The Welch Wind-Bag'.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

It was a comparative claim.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Every single day there’s awful PR.

He fails and cocks up every single day. Smdh.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/mirrorbreaking_/status/1204672514191953920[/tweet]

CJS

Post by CJS »

So so sad that this idiot could be PM (still) by this time on Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng ... ies-labour

Totally incomprehensible that the Tories actually seem to be increasing their lead in the latest polls - and this from the Guardian, so it's not likely to be tweaked in their favour.

What, I mean what on the face of this Earth, has this question dodging, phone hiding, bumbling idiot done over the last few weeks to actually encourage more people to want to vote for him?

Apart from not being Jeremy Corbyn.

Not even his supporters on here can muster up anything positive to say about him (again, apart from the fact he's not JC)

Unbelievable :wall:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Tony Blair did something similar once in a clothing store, but he hid behind Iraq. :tumbleweed:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

CJS wrote:What, I mean what on the face of this Earth, has this question dodging, phone hiding, bumbling idiot done over the last few weeks to actually encourage more people to want to vote for him?

Not only that, he's racist, homophobic, lied to two wives, lied to the public, lied to the queen, is a hateful self-promoter, and would seem willing to sell his granny to the devil to feather his own nasty little nest. Surely people aren't so stupid as to think he is better than anything, as he offends just about every British sensibility I thought we had.

Yet people are prepared to vote for him and his nasty party, and that I simply do not understand.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

Yes, I'm at a loss to see BJ's strengths. But it looks like he's going to pull it off. I thought telling porkies to the Queen would be the end of him but I was wrong.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

A comment on Politics Today at lunchtime was that JC's personal polling rating was about the same as Michael Foot's and matches Prince Andrew's. Not a good place to be.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:
CJS wrote:What, I mean what on the face of this Earth, has this question dodging, phone hiding, bumbling idiot done over the last few weeks to actually encourage more people to want to vote for him?

Not only that, he's racist, homophobic, lied to two wives, lied to the public, lied to the queen, is a hateful self-promoter, and would seem willing to sell his granny to the devil to feather his own nasty little nest. Surely people aren't so stupid as to think he is better than anything, as he offends just about every British sensibility I thought we had.

Yet people are prepared to vote for him and his nasty party, and that I simply do not understand.

I think tomorrow might show that Britain is not quite ready to become the Trumpian nation that many believe it might.

I think Johnson's blatant failings not just as a politician but as a man are now clear to even the most blue-tinted voter.

Michael Foot never hid in a fridge and neither has Jeremy Corbyn.

Vote Boris Out.

tankbuster

your relationship with the Conservatives

Post by tankbuster »

I like this so stole it from Twitter/Nicola Coughlan

Ok if you were in a relationship with someone for 9 years and they treated you like crap and had lied to you loads, and created loads of division amongst people you both knew and didn’t and then they were like “Hey, let’s give it another 4 years!”
Wouldn’t you be like...no?
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

Spiny Norman wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:

I think tomorrow might show that Britain is not quite ready to become the Trumpian nation that many believe it might.

I think Johnson's blatant failings not just as a politician but as a man are now clear to even the most blue-tinted voter.

Michael Foot never hid in a fridge and neither has Jeremy Corbyn.

Vote Boris Out.

Spiny,I think the sorry truth is a lot of people simply don't care...the papers they read just gloss over or simply don't report his faults and offensiveness and spend their time just continually stating how bad for the country anyone but him would be.

Bobby Marley

Post by Bobby Marley »

Evening all, If the Tories win tomorrow I think it will be the biggest miscarriage of justice, probably influenced by corupt media "cough cough BBC" they are hell bent on stopping Labour.

If enough mud is thrown - it soon sticks and people start to believe the lies.

Feel what ever you want about Corybn the fact is the Labour Party are the only party that have the countries peoples interests at heart, and are not wrapping anything up in lies or dirty tricks at anybody.

I do not want to be in a situation should the worse come to worse and peoples lives go down hill due to the Tories, and have people say to me "you was right if only we believed you" will be too late then.

Polytics is not a lighthearted thing, for some people its Life or Death.

Good luck everyone.

BM.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

iainpeden wrote:A comment on Politics Today at lunchtime was that JC's personal polling rating was about the same as Michael Foot's and matches Prince Andrew's. Not a good place to be.

The simple truth is that Corbin is generally not seen as PM material, and rightly so.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

CJS

Post by CJS »

Bobby Marley wrote:Evening all, If the Tories win tomorrow I think it will be the biggest miscarriage of justice, probably influenced by corupt media "cough cough BBC" they are hell bent on stopping Labour.

Feel what ever you want about Corybn the fact is the Labour Party are the only party that have the countries peoples interests at heart, and are not wrapping anything up in lies or dirty tricks at anybody.

I do not want to be in a situation should the worse come to worse and peoples lives go down hill due to the Tories, and have people say to me "you was right if only we believed you" will be too late then.

Good luck everyone.

BM.

1. Do you actually watch or listen to the BBC?

2. Politics. It's politics.

Mooshie1956

Post by Mooshie1956 »

Bobby Marley wrote:Evening all, If the Tories win tomorrow I think it will be the biggest miscarriage of justice, probably influenced by corupt media "cough cough BBC" they are hell bent on stopping Labour.

Good luck everyone.

BM.

Do you know BM your doing a good job persuading me to vote Lib/Dem tomorrow, your beginning to sound like a Red BoJo.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-400 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens

Bobby Marley

Post by Bobby Marley »

Mooshie1956 wrote:

Good luck everyone.

BM.

Do you know BM your doing a good job persuading me to vote Lib/Dem tomorrow, your beginning to sound like a Red BoJo.

Well as long as its not Tories - it will be one less vote to them.

BM.

Bobby Marley

Post by Bobby Marley »

CJS wrote:

Good luck everyone.

BM.

Yep - quite often guess the Beeb could not be anything less than biased towards the Tories seeing as thier head honcho is a good Tory supporter and quite a few other hi level money earners in the Beeb are Tory supporters.

BM.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Bobby Marley wrote:
CJS wrote:

Good luck everyone.

BM.

Yep - quite often guess the Beeb could not be anything less than biased towards the Tories seeing as thier head honcho is a good Tory supporter and quite a few other hi level money earners in the Beeb are Tory supporters.

BM.

I'll bite, even though I know feeding trolls only invites them to carry on.

There have been, literally, countless examples of BBC journalists absolutely crucifying Tory hopefuls since this election was called. Ever heard of a chap called Andrew Neil? Ever listened to The Today Programme? Seriously, give it a go sometime :up:

Bobby Marley

Post by Bobby Marley »

CJS wrote:
Bobby Marley wrote:
CJS wrote:

Good luck everyone.

BM.

BM.

There have been, literally, countless examples of BBC journalists absolutely crucifying Tory hopefuls since this election was called. Ever heard of a chap called Andrew Neil? Ever listened to The Today Programme? Seriously, give it a go sometime :up:

You only have to do a search on the top people behind the BBC you will see thier connection with the Tories - coincidence?

BM.

Bobby Marley

Post by Bobby Marley »

CJS wrote:
Bobby Marley wrote:
CJS wrote:

Good luck everyone.

BM.

BM.

Oh and - call me a troll once more and I will sit out side your house in your garden and trip you over with my fishing rod. :biggrin:

BM.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Nice to see Boris supporting British airlines and British aircraft manufacturers with his flying visits around the Country today......... :whistle:

Bobby Marley

Post by Bobby Marley »

Brevet Cable wrote:Nice to see Boris supporting British airlines and British aircraft manufacturers with his flying visits around the Country today......... :whistle:

Yep, he's a good follower of the envioment.

BM.

verreli

Post by verreli »

Looking at the straw poll at the top of this thread I think it will be surprisingly accurate except for one small correction. The Labour and Lib headers need to be swapped.