COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Post Reply
User avatar
T_J
Posts: 2868
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 6:57 pm
Location: Lincs

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by T_J »

ericbee123 wrote:The “problem” is that 5G uses a broad spectrum of bandwidth, including Microwaves.

Anyway those 5G conspiracy nutters are missing a trick. Instead of setting fire to 5G masts they should be catching seagulls and rats and cooking them in the microwaves they are so scared of, in microwave ovens. Then leaving the cooked seagulls and rats around the base of the masts as “smoking gun” evidence.


The die-hard conspiracy types having been linking 5G to birds, insects deaths and even tree damage for a while now. It is a mindset that you can't defeat.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWSZEXdRwys[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJsOcYzOlo[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mF2aYZ-Xo0[/youtube]

User avatar
pbeardmore
Posts: 4547
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2008, 9:16 am

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by pbeardmore »

Very sad...and they can vote!
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

User avatar
Pen Pusher
Posts: 6798
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 6:34 pm
Location: St Ives, Cambs
Contact:

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Pen Pusher »

Does this mean there will be another panic buy of toilet rolls :whistle:

Posted at 17:09
BREAKING
UK lockdown measures extended
The UK's coronavirus lockdown measures will be extended for at least three more weeks, First Secretary of State Dominic Raab has announced.

BBC Web

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

Wryneck
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue 17 Sep 2019, 7:20 pm

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Wryneck »

T_J wrote:
ericbee123 wrote:The “problem” is that 5G uses a broad spectrum of bandwidth, including Microwaves.

Anyway those 5G conspiracy nutters are missing a trick. Instead of setting fire to 5G masts they should be catching seagulls and rats and cooking them in the microwaves they are so scared of, in microwave ovens. Then leaving the cooked seagulls and rats around the base of the masts as “smoking gun” evidence.


The die-hard conspiracy types having been linking 5G to birds, insects deaths and even tree damage for a while now. It is a mindset that you can't defeat.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWSZEXdRwys[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJsOcYzOlo[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mF2aYZ-Xo0[/youtube]


Maybe rather than just slating people you could actually do some research of your own, you may even find you change your opinion of 5G. It is after all a multi-trillion $ industry which is going to be-little anyone with a theory or even concrete evidence against.

Maybe you should ask why Brussels, the city of London, San Francisco and many other cities around the world have already banned the technology outright.

You may even learn something... but then again sheep only follow what they are told, they don't have enough brains to question things :wall:

cg_341
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun 09 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by cg_341 »

Wryneck wrote:Maybe you should ask why Brussels, the city of London, San Francisco and many other cities around the world have already banned the technology outright.

Errr, yeah, that hasn't happened. Not in Brussels, not in the City of London, and also not in San Francisco.

The City of Mill Valley, in California, has - but as far as I can tell that's it.

So, try again!

User avatar
pbeardmore
Posts: 4547
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2008, 9:16 am

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by pbeardmore »

"even concrete evidence against." - we seem to have some time on our hands so anyone should feel free to put up links to as much concrete evidence as you wish.

The irony is that, due to the internet, there has never been a better time to distribute compelling evidence directly to a World audience in order to undermine the "powers that be" - and yet we are reduced to looking at dead birds under a tree! There seems to be a large gap in the quality of evidence between a dead bird under a tree and "concrete evidence".

To use the fact that an industry is "billion dollar" to explain why they belittle a theory is a perfect case of "circular reasoning". The Apollo project cost over 25 billon dollars. So, naturally, they would belittle a theory re fake landings.

The airline industry is worth billions , so naturally they would belittle "chem trail" theories, etc etc.

Ever had a headache whilst using a computer? The hard drives produce a high frequency sound wave that triggers migraines. The hard drive industry is worth billions so they would belittle this theory. (see, you can just manufacture a self justifying thoery)

A theory can be garbage, irrespective of its context within a billion dollar industry or a five dollar industry. The size of the industry does not effect the likelyhood of it being true.
Last edited by pbeardmore on Thu 16 Apr 2020, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

Zoom
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:18 pm

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Zoom »

This is very useful to know

The Crown Prosecution Service has produced guidance about what constitutes a reasonable excuse to be outside the home during the lockdown.
It follows confusion caused in part by a difference between government statements and emergency laws. The guidance has been reproduced and published by the College of Policing, and the National Police Chiefs Council.
According to the document, meant to inform police officers enforcing the lockdown, the following are examples of reasonable excuses to be outside the home:
Buying several days’ worth of food, including luxury items and alcohol.
Collecting surplus basic food items from a friend.
Going for a run or cycle or practicing yoga.
Walking in the countryside or in cities.
Attending an allotment.
Driving to countryside and walking (where far more time is spent walking than driving).
Stopping to rest or to eat lunch while on a long walk.
Buying tools and supplies to repair a fence panel damaged in recent bad weather.
Taking an animal for treatment.
Moving to a friend’s address for several days to allow a ‘cooling-off’ following arguments at home.
An explanatory note says:

The Regulations allow people to move house. This means that individuals can move between households. But this should be a genuine move (ie. measured in days, not hours).
Examples of excuses that are not reasonable include:
Buying paint and brushes, simply to redecorate a kitchen.
Driving for a prolonged period with only brief exercise.
A short walk to a park bench, when the person remains seated for a much longer period.
A person who can work from home choosing to work in a local park.
A person knocking on doors offering to do cash in-hand work.
Visiting a vet’s surgery in person to renew a prescription (where this could be done over the phone).
Visiting a friend in their address or meeting in public to socialise.

User avatar
ericbee123
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 9:13 am
Location: Blackpool

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by ericbee123 »

Wryneck wrote:
T_J wrote:
ericbee123 wrote:The “problem” is that 5G uses a broad spectrum of bandwidth, including Microwaves.

Anyway those 5G conspiracy nutters are missing a trick. Instead of setting fire to 5G masts they should be catching seagulls and rats and cooking them in the microwaves they are so scared of, in microwave ovens. Then leaving the cooked seagulls and rats around the base of the masts as “smoking gun” evidence.


The die-hard conspiracy types having been linking 5G to birds, insects deaths and even tree damage for a while now. It is a mindset that you can't defeat.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWSZEXdRwys[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJsOcYzOlo[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mF2aYZ-Xo0[/youtube]


Maybe rather than just slating people you could actually do some research of your own, you may even find you change your opinion of 5G. It is after all a multi-trillion $ industry which is going to be-little anyone with a theory or even concrete evidence against.

Maybe you should ask why Brussels, the city of London, San Francisco and many other cities around the world have already banned the technology outright.

You may even learn something... but then again sheep only follow what they are told, they don't have enough brains to question things :wall:


What a plonker.

I have professional qualifications in installing radio transmitters and doing site surveys for WiFi installations.

I also have a degree in Computer Studies.

I’ve forgotten more about radio spectrums than you will ever research!!
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

User avatar
pbeardmore
Posts: 4547
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2008, 9:16 am

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by pbeardmore »

Eric, it's a billion dollar industry, you would say that as you are part of the conspiracy. I would keep you head down as there is concrete evidence on its way and , boy, I can't wait.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

Ken Shabby
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon 29 Sep 2008, 12:23 pm
Location: Romford, Essex
Contact:

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Ken Shabby »

ericbee123 wrote:I have professional qualifications in installing radio transmitters and doing site surveys for WiFi installations.

I also have a degree in Computer Studies.

I’ve forgotten more about radio spectrums than you will ever research!!


But your degree and your professional qualifications are just evidence that you’ve been brainwashed by the establishment. You are a mere operative installing the systems that will make the Illuminati richer and will kill your fellow man.

Open your eyes to the truth before it’s too late. The truth is out there on Facebook and Twitter. Ignore the fools who are hiding the truth by peddling facts and science.
Ken

User avatar
pbeardmore
Posts: 4547
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2008, 9:16 am

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by pbeardmore »

Installing all those transmitters has fried Eric's brains. So he is actually living proof. :smile:
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff
Posts: 6232
Joined: Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:39 pm

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Tommy »

I’ve tried quite hard to stay out of this, rather than be drawn in like the Brexit thread, to the forum’s great relief, I’m sure, so do forgive me for breaking silence.

One thing that strikes me about all of this, and this 5G nonsense is so utterly demonstrable of it, is that Facebook (yes, and Twitter, IG, YouTube, and most other social media, but I’m going to say chiefly Facebook) has become a dangerous dangerous out of control machine.

I’d probably consider myself a first generation Facebooker. It was all fun and games with my mates back in 2006 or 2007, back when my parental generation were tutting in newspaper columns and on talk shows about kids being buried in their phones.

I haven’t been active on FB for a long long time, because of the junktown stuff posted on there. It was having a detrimental effect on my happiness and providing me with no benefit.

But the way social media is these days, the way this Icke-esque way of thinking can spread so easily terrifies me. I’ve said this to a few people privately for the past few years, at least since 2016; it seems to me that the greatest threat, the greatest fear we have to bear in this decade will be the awesome power of social media.

It’s a slippery slope, and it only takes a few charismatic nutcase theorists to act as pebbles that cause the avalanche of conspiracy.

Conspiracy theories used to be a bit fun. Hi ho, tinfoil hat lol, royal family are lizards of course...

Now they’re dangerous, because those lies get spread *so* quickly, and the hate and the anger and the extremities of what people will do, and their utter unshakable devotion to those conspiracy theories is a terrifying sight to behold.

Zuckerberg has a tremendous amount to answer for, and it frustrates me that he doesn’t answer for it.

This probably isn’t an exciting, new, or even an interesting opinion, but it’s the thing I keep coming back to.

I can talk separately about COVID-19, I’m currently working in employment law and it’s a huge chunk of my work right now, but for me the most pressing concern we have is the Facebook conspiracy theories.

User avatar
tankbuster
Posts: 2179
Joined: Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm
Contact:

one aviation plus

Post by tankbuster »

One major side effect of Covid 19 is that I suspect that for the next couple of weeks there will be more 747s and MD11s in the skies over us (and the world) then will ever be seen again.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

User avatar
pbeardmore
Posts: 4547
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2008, 9:16 am

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by pbeardmore »

Tommy, fair points but where does individual responsibility fit in? The printing press? The Royal Mail? newspapers? The telephone? the mobile phone etc etc These are all devices that made the sharing of information easier. The bottom line is, they are all merely conduits for sharing information and it is humans who are responsible for the quality of that information and the thought (or lack of it) re processing and sifting.

In "the Wild West" snake oil salesman handed out leaflets promoting the medical qualities of their oils. Do you blame the owner of the printing press for not fact checking the leaflet? of the fraudulant salesman himself?

If "grown ups" choose to distribute garbage and other "grown ups" choose to receive this as truth and re-share it as such, whose responsibility is that? IMHO , it's not the method of distribution: it is those who distribute and we should not shy away from expecting people to act in a certain way. Blaming the owner of the distribution network does not deal with the root cause. And that is a far harder issue to deal with.

PS still waiting for the concrete evidence to appear...anyone? .....anyone?..........
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

User avatar
T_J
Posts: 2868
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 6:57 pm
Location: Lincs

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by T_J »

Wryneck wrote:
Maybe rather than just slating people you could actually do some research of your own, you may even find you change your opinion of 5G. It is after all a multi-trillion $ industry which is going to be-little anyone with a theory or even concrete evidence against.

Maybe you should ask why Brussels, the city of London, San Francisco and many other cities around the world have already banned the technology outright.

You may even learn something... but then again sheep only follow what they are told, they don't have enough brains to question things :wall:


Brussels hasn't banned 5G. The city has strict rules on emissions but that won't stop Brussels eventually rolling out 5G. City of London also hasn't banned it and neither has San Francisco.

You are the one claiming that these cities have "banned the technology outright". The question is why are you peddling this as fact?

I'm slating these conspiracy people because many of them are simply fear mongering and spreading ignorance.

For example the guy in the last video in previous post. Die hards like him need to be slated for the utter nonsense that they are spreading. His "analysis" of equipment is just laughable.

Listen to his claims in these videos.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slmX0H3l5V4[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWx0nXngVXY[/youtube]

Ken Shabby
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon 29 Sep 2008, 12:23 pm
Location: Romford, Essex
Contact:

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Ken Shabby »

What I struggle with most is that there are people (and I know some) who use Facebook and Twitter as their primary source of news. They don’t buy newspapers and never watch the TV news. What they read on some random Facebook page is treated with an equal amount of belief or disbelief as anything they might read on, say, the BBC News website. They don’t make any differentiation between the two. So whilst the BBC, Sky or ITV News might be saying there’s no connection between washing machines and the spread of Ebola, and might have the proof that there isn’t, it only needs a few people on Facebook to say there is, and before you know it it’s all over social media and they’re believing them and not BBC, Sky, etc.

And that’s paradise for the conspiracy theorists. No need for proof, no need for evidence, no need to even say who you are - all you need is a weight of opinion and an unquestioning audience and off you go. And as Tommy says it is becoming dangerous. People burning down transmitters because someone on Twitter says they’re dangerous, or refusing to have their kids inoculated because some idiot has written on Facebook that they’ll catch autism from it.

It’s almost as if society is going back in time. The knowledge and understanding of the world that mankind has built up over hundreds of years appears increasingly worthless to so many. Some people refuse to believe scientific evidence but are happy to believe theories (and I use that word in its widest context) that have no basis in fact. To me, someone who can believe that a virus is being spread by microwaves is only a short step away from accusing someone of witchcraft.
Ken

User avatar
pbeardmore
Posts: 4547
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2008, 9:16 am

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by pbeardmore »

I get your point re "back in time". There is a horrible irony here. It is science that we have leveraged to make huge advances in almost all walks of life. In this context, we are getting better and better and doing great stuff and will do into the next century. But as individual human beings, we are not evolving at the same speed. So we have of these great toys but, due to our human weaknesses, we don't make the most of them and, at worst, we reject them.

The driving force behind most tech is profit so we see things moving forward. But is there a driving force regarding "growing up" on a species level. We are like a playgroup with the best toys ever but no teacher. It's down to ourselves both to be self aware of our own faults and also down to collective society to clamp down on this. Especially, in the UK, we are too polite and we have so many customs and taboos that prevent us from being honest when we come across this garbage.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

IATthenRIAT
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat 23 Jun 2018, 2:05 am

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Regarding 5G I do not have any knowledge about the subject so I tend to not get involved in talking about it - I would rather just see what comes from any further research.

Anyway after Googling the subject I have only been able to find this - dont know if its creditable or complete rubbish.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/ob ... g-is-safe/

User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff
Posts: 6232
Joined: Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:39 pm

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Tommy »

pbeardmore wrote:Tommy, fair points but where does individual responsibility fit in? The printing press? The Royal Mail? newspapers? The telephone? the mobile phone etc etc These are all devices that made the sharing of information easier. The bottom line is, they are all merely conduits for sharing information and it is humans who are responsible for the quality of that information and the thought (or lack of it) re processing and sifting.

In "the Wild West" snake oil salesman handed out leaflets promoting the medical qualities of their oils. Do you blame the owner of the printing press for not fact checking the leaflet? of the fraudulant salesman himself?

If "grown ups" choose to distribute garbage and other "grown ups" choose to receive this as truth and re-share it as such, whose responsibility is that? IMHO , it's not the method of distribution: it is those who distribute and we should not shy away from expecting people to act in a certain way. Blaming the owner of the distribution network does not deal with the root cause. And that is a far harder issue to deal with.

PS still waiting for the concrete evidence to appear...anyone? .....anyone?..........


These are very fair points, but your last sentence is the key - you can’t deal with every Tom, Dick and Harry nutcase, and they also need to take responsibility, I’m not arguing that this stuff is exclusively the fault of Facebook, but Facebook is the tool, nay, weapon of choice for them. Taking your metaphorical snake oil salesman, or maybe to exaggerate to make the point, yeah I’d expect a printing press not to print, say, a KKK pamphlet or something.

Or, idk, take America (and risking opening another can of worms - happy to debate this separate issue if anyone disagrees but maybe in a separate thread) - do you jail school shooters and hold them responsible? Of course. Does any sane sensible non-idiot also campaign for stricter gun control because these idiots are so easily able to obtain an AR15 at Walmart? Also yes. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

It’s obviously a sliding scale, and there is individual responsibility, but that requires a massive cultural shift that we’re not at yet, and so for the meantime, I hold Facebook mostly responsible for the raft of absolute bolycs conspiracy theories and misinformation.

Zuckerberg himself acknowledged that the site has a huge problem with fake news, before Trump owned the term, and he’s done the sum total of dick all about it, despite raking in the dollars.

User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff
Posts: 6232
Joined: Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:39 pm

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Tommy »

And in addition to the above, here, case in point:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/davidfarrier/status/1250909353172848640[/tweet]

Does this support what I was saying? Yes. Is it true? Not the foggiest, it doesn’t link to a newspaper report, it’s just a screen grab, maybe something someone typed up. Is it believable? Sadly, yes.

So do I share it with the belief that it’s true? Probably not, but just look how tempting it is. It’s something that apparently supports the position I’ve developed for myself. It would be so easy for me to just share it as “evidence” to my point.

User avatar
Tommy
UKAR Staff
Posts: 6232
Joined: Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:39 pm

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Tommy »

And of course, traditional journalism isn’t really doing much to save us:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/shivaroor/status/1251017643210862592[/tweet]

User avatar
Pen Pusher
Posts: 6798
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 6:34 pm
Location: St Ives, Cambs
Contact:

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Pen Pusher »

I'm still waiting for the zombies. You see it in films and computer games all the time.

World wide virus pandemic = zombies. :whistle:
https://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatte ... pocalypse/

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

User avatar
ericbee123
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 9:13 am
Location: Blackpool

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by ericbee123 »

IATthenRIAT wrote:Regarding 5G I do not have any knowledge about the subject so I tend to not get involved in talking about it - I would rather just see what comes from any further research.

Anyway after Googling the subject I have only been able to find this - dont know if its creditable or complete rubbish.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/ob ... g-is-safe/


How far did your research take you?

There are links in that article that take you to the WHO classifications that they have put 5G into. It’s in 2B “could possibly cause cancerous cells category” along with “using talc to often”, “being a fireman” and “Eating Asian pickled vegetables”.
In category 1 - definitely causes cancer is “tobacco”. I bet you, at least some of, the scientists and anti-5G people, smoke.

P.S. exposure to most things in the wrong dosage and to the wrong level will eventually kill you. Try living on just bananas.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

vandal
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2008, 1:13 am

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by vandal »

Tommy wrote:And of course, traditional journalism isn’t really doing much to save us:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/shivaroor/status/1251017643210862592[/tweet]


Now, that's just a lot of hot air.

User avatar
ericbee123
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sun 31 Aug 2008, 9:13 am
Location: Blackpool

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by ericbee123 »

Double posting in case someone doesn’t post before I type this. Sorry.

Don’t get me wrong, as conspiracy theories go, the initial concerns about 5G are understandable.

It uses microwaves for higher bandwidth.

People can see that microwaves cook things as they have microwave ovens. Microwaves bouncing around in people’s houses is therefore a concern, but we have used microwaves for over 100 years and know an awful lot about them. It’s not a new discovery or a new use.

Now you can’t classify microwaves as completely safe, because a simple test , putting your gerbil in a microwave oven and turning it on, proves that confined microwaves at the wrong power and intensity are harmful.

How many people when I mention microwaves are imagining microwave ovens and not the waves themselves, that I assure you are all around you at the moment.

Microwave ovens have an allowed leakage of microwaves ; every time you use a microwave oven you are filling your kitchen with leaking microwaves, microwaves from ovens designed to cook your food. Leave your chicken vindaloo on the counter top. It won’t cook. It won’t get warm as the leakage is at an allowed safe level as the guys that design microwave ovens know what they are doing and are regulated.

Another simple test is if you have 2.4GHz Wi-Fi at home, go into your kitchen and access the Internet with your mobile phone and your 2.4GHz WiFi. Now put a cup of water or your lunch in the microwave and turn it on. Now try to access the internet. You can’t as your microwave is leaking microwaves that interfere with 2.4 GHz WiFi.

Who would have thought it, a killer sat in the corner of your kitchen. Take it outside and burn it immediately.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

Post Reply