COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Zoom

Re: COVID-19: Your Thoughts and it's effects on you.

Post by Zoom »

I think the Welsh measures are also aimed at keeping English visitors (many from tier 3 areas) out over half term, the website make it very clear that it doesn't just affect residents it's anyone in the country during the period

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

I am so fed up with this corona virus, so many holes in it if it was a ship it would sink -

Kids are immune - then they are not then they are, more and more symptoms associated with it like is become the most varied and comples virus ever, so many different twists and turns regarding social mixing (families - houses inside/outside), 10PM Pub kick out time will combat the spread - people would just go earlier drink more before time then purchase thier (not "One for the Road" but more like "Five for the Road" and take it outside to mingle and drink.
I could probably think of lots more - but you get the idea.

Anyone would think children have made up the rules.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

IATthenRIAT wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020, 9:07 pm

Anyone would think children have made up the rules.
Don't insult children!

Having read a review of the latest biography on BJ you begin to see where all his character flaws come from. An often absent, philandering father and an almost feral childhood (and then sent to Eton).
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

vandal

Post by vandal »

ArabJazzie wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020, 7:52 pm

It may be 2 weeks for now, but should there be no significant change, then it will be extended for as long as is required. Whatever happens, just now i can only see the Welsh being the ones on the Christmas list this year!
Stay Safe.
I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Scotland's recent lockdown changes are up for review 25th, maybe 26th October?

Wouldn't surprise me if SFM Nicola Sturgeon was to take similar action.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Serious question - what will I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! do as they are suppossed to be filming live in Wales, how will that work out?

vandal

Post by vandal »

IATthenRIAT wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020, 9:30 pm
Serious question - what will I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! do as they are suppossed to be filming live in Wales, how will that work out?

Be a shame if it gets cancelled,😉😄, but if it does it's for the best. Safety first & all that.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

vandal wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020, 9:39 pm
IATthenRIAT wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020, 9:30 pm

Be a shame if it gets cancelled,😉😄, but if it does it's for the best. Safety first & all that.

Reason I ask - they are still showing the ads for it on TV.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Just found out - I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! is still going ahead, I thought it would have been canceled due to the rules due to start over in Wales?

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

vandal wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020, 9:24 pm
ArabJazzie wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020, 7:52 pm

It may be 2 weeks for now, but should there be no significant change, then it will be extended for as long as is required. Whatever happens, just now i can only see the Welsh being the ones on the Christmas list this year!
Stay Safe.
I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Scotland's recent lockdown changes are up for review 25th, maybe 26th October?

Wouldn't surprise me if SFM Nicola Sturgeon was to take similar action.
Yeah, talking of a new strategic framework to be announced this week for implementation on the 26th.

I dont think Queen Nic is gonna go far enough with a complete lockdown like Wales has. For me there is little point in doing a lockdown if people from the worst areas in England will still be saying, my area is only under Guidance to not travel, so im off on my holibobs to Scotland! With the best will in the world, there is not enough police in any part of our union to do anything about it.
Stay Safe.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

CJS

Post by CJS »

IATthenRIAT wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020, 10:42 pm
Just found out - I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! is still going ahead
Well thank God for that.

:tumbleweed:
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

IATthenRIAT wrote:
Just found out - I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! is still going ahead, I thought it would have been cancelled due to the rules due to start over in Wales?
And we thought things couldn't get worse; can there be a better reason for a total lockdown?

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

We all know the rules don't count if your a politician an aid to a politician or a famous celebrity or high profile footballer (all those international games and none quarantined when coming back to UK)
Did you hear about the dyslexic pimp? He bought a ware house!
Proud member of the Silverstone Marshalling Team

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

IATthenRIAT wrote:
Just found out - I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! is still going ahead
well that's a relief. not sure we'd have coped if it wasn't

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

a comprehensive school in our town has had to close a year and bring in other measures after parents had their kid tested for COVID and then sent the kid to school! Test came back positive a few days later. Should be an offence IMHO (very easy to prove)
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

CJS

Post by CJS »

rdchawk wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020, 7:50 am
We all know the rules don't count if your a politician an aid to a politician or a famous celebrity or high profile footballer (all those international games and none quarantined when coming back to UK)
Those who make their living from sport are exempt from the rules I think. And they would be able to easily get around any quarantine after the international break as they would have stayed strictly within a bubble for the duration of the trip.

The other however, yes!

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

CJS wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020, 9:53 am
rdchawk wrote:
Those who make their living from sport are exempt from the rules I think. And they would be able to easily get around any quarantine after the international break as they would have stayed strictly within a bubble for the duration of the trip.

The other however, yes!
i think they have weekly tests as well. remember these football clubs have access to private labs and testing process that us mere mortals do not

Teaboy

Post by Teaboy »

The money the Government won't give to Manchester will build 1/5 of a mile of HS2.

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

rockfordstone wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:13 am
CJS wrote:
rdchawk wrote:

The other however, yes!
i think they have weekly tests as well. remember these football clubs have access to private labs and testing process that us mere mortals do not
I believe footballers are tested twice a week, private/NHS, but some also invested in test machines but still need the NHS test each week.

However, it is not too strict a bubble they live in with several instances of players caught breaking the rules, along with players catching the virus with matches having to be postponed. I know Scottish Premiership warned there may be fixture pile ups if too many teams become affected.
Stay Safe.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

f4phixeruk

Post by f4phixeruk »

ArabJazzie wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020, 3:30 pm
rockfordstone wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020, 10:13 am
CJS wrote:
rdchawk wrote:

The other however, yes!
I believe footballers are tested twice a week, private/NHS, but some also invested in test machines but still need the NHS test each week.

However, it is not too strict a bubble they live in with several instances of players caught breaking the rules, along with players catching the virus with matches having to be postponed. I know Scottish Premiership warned there may be fixture pile ups if too many teams become affected.
Stay Safe.
European Tour golfers at the Scottish Championships in St Andrews last week, were tested on arrival. All had to stay in the Fairmont for the week. They were then retested on the Saturday, before being allowed to fly out of the country.
If you eat high calorie foods with a Diet Coke, the drink cancels the calories out!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

“Out by a month” but the wrong way. This is becoming absolutely disastrous. The Government’s scientific advisors’ “worse case prediction” is already coming to pass a month earlier than anticipated.

The “Tier” system is attracting controversy, test and trace still isn’t working, and cases, and deaths, are rising.

I wonder what the odds are on for a sudden and urgent lockdown announcement at the end of this week to coincide with half term will be.

Disastrous incompetence.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

Tommy wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020, 9:49 pm
I wonder what the odds are on for a sudden and urgent lockdown announcement at the end of this week to coincide with half term will be.
high. hes meant to be announcing yorkshire into tier 3 today so i suspect we'll get to a "oh well most of you are observing tier 3 so lets just lockdown, we are following the science to the letter"

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

rockfordstone wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020, 7:38 am
Tommy wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020, 9:49 pm
high. hes meant to be announcing yorkshire into tier 3 today so i suspect we'll get to a "oh well most of you are observing tier 3 so lets just lockdown, we are following the science to the letter"
Low to very low for these reasons:
The strategy is still to stop the hospitals being over loaded and in some areas the hospitals are well under capacity. The example given yesterday was that Greater Manchester had as many people in hospital as the south west and south east - presumably combined.
The stated strategy yesterday was that the countries dealing least badly were using a regional approach as opposed to national.
Keeping things as near normal as possible in lower infection areas means that business is still functioning and therefore putting tax into the economy rather than taking it out.
By keeping lower infection areas open it gives the message that you can get out of it (albeit with difficulty) and it's not a lockdown for ever.
By appearing to listen - for example today's announcement that gyms in Liverpool can reopen - the message is that "we are listening and acting on local information."
By imposing another national lockdown - at the current rate of support of £28 per person - well that's a lot of money and beyond my calculator.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Perhaps you’re right, I guess we’ll have to see. The worst of all worlds, though, is that the tier system will fail, and England has to lockdown anyway. Then the half term bracket is missed, we’re closer to Christmas and so the Christmas shopping economy is more affected, and lockdown will need to be for longer due to a higher number of cases.

The tier system, which goes against scientific advice, is a dangerous gamble.

Odds also reduced because it’s not beyond the wit of Johnson to refuse to do something simply because “Labour have pushed for it”.

He’s not far from being so idiotic as to refuse to breathe if Starmer stood at PMQs and asked if Johnson would accept that access to air is instrumental to human life.

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

Romford MP Andrew Rosindell has been sacked from his role as Trade Envoy for voting against the government last night.

He has been a Conservative Supporter and MP for decades.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Tommy wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020, 10:47 am

He’s not far from being so idiotic as to refuse to breathe if Starmer stood at PMQs and asked if Johnson would accept that access to air is instrumental to human life.
Anyone else think Starmer may as well give this a go at the next PMQs?