Great Reset.

Chat about anything not specifically aviation related
Pen Pusher

Re: Great Reset.

Post by Pen Pusher »

How would Santa get Covid?. He and his elves have been isolated in the North Pole since the start of the year.
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Pen Pusher wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020, 11:21 am
How would Santa get Covid?. He and his elves have been isolated in the North Pole since the start of the year.
Yeah, but it was in China before last Christmas. He'll have had it then and survived. No worries this Christmas!

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

Ken Shabby wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020, 10:33 am
iainpeden wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020, 9:19 am
[quote="Pen Pusher" post_id=906090 time=<a href="tel:1605943214">1605943214</a> user_id=340]
[quote=IATthenRIAT post_id=906085 time=<a href="tel:1605915110">1605915110</a> user_id=24604]
what ever next Santa is real.
He is real.
Of course he is - which is why NORAD can track him on an annual basis.
[/quote]

How will the various lockdowns in place around the world affect Santa this year? Presumably, there will be some places where he won’t be allowed in and children won’t get their presents. And what if he’s got COVID? He could be a super-spreader.
[/quote]

well normally he only comes if the boys and girls have been good and are already in bed. assuming you are tucked up in bed sleeping soundly he will be able to come in and socially distance while delivering his gifts

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

I'd be more worried about the tooth fairy being a super spreader than Santa.

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Pen Pusher wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020, 5:16 pm
But children are, apparently, less likely to be spreaders and I am sure he wears gloves and a mask anyway. On the other hand I suppose having a fairy fiddling around under your pillow while your head is on it is less likely to count as social distancing.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

The tooth fairy is a HE??

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
DfG on Facebook

Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

iainpeden wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020, 6:13 pm
Pen Pusher wrote:
But children are, apparently, less likely to be spreaders and I am sure he wears gloves and a mask anyway. On the other hand I suppose having a fairy fiddling around under your pillow while your head is on it is less likely to count as social distancing.
I hear what you’re saying, but if lockdown or any form of tier restrictions limits the number of different households who can meet-up indoors, won’t Santa be breaking these restrictions? He’ll be ok if he drops down the chimney of a house that hasn’t got any relatives staying, but if he drops-in on one where there are, it will be a Police matter.

So perhaps a full lockdown over Christmas will be the best idea, with Santa avoiding chimneys and leaving presents on doorsteps (taking a photo as evidence of delivery). Not only will it mean we’re not having to bury our grannies in January or February, it will mean children can get their presents from Santa regardless of the R rate where they live.
Ken

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Pen Pusher wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020, 7:26 pm
The tooth fairy is a HE??
In these politically correct times I thought it wrong to assume any gender - might not even be CofE.

vandal

Post by vandal »

Ken Shabby wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020, 7:32 pm
iainpeden wrote:
Pen Pusher wrote:
I hear what you’re saying, but if lockdown or any form of tier restrictions limits the number of different households who can meet-up indoors, won’t Santa be breaking these restrictions? He’ll be ok if he drops down the chimney of a house that hasn’t got any relatives staying, but if he drops-in on one where there are, it will be a Police matter.

So perhaps a full lockdown over Christmas will be the best idea, with Santa avoiding chimneys and leaving presents on doorsteps (taking a photo as evidence of delivery). Not only will it mean we’re not having to bury our grannies in January or February, it will mean children can get their presents from Santa regardless of the R rate where they live.
Won't Santa have to visit on the eve of 20th/21st so that all gifts & presents have up to 4 days quarantine before the good boys & girls get them? That way there will be no chance of Santa passing on anything other than goodwill & maybe peace to all (wo)men?🎅

CJS

Post by CJS »

He's a bit of a chancer though isn't he? Breaking in to houses all over the world, stealing food, driving recklessly - he's not going to be worried about a few Covid regulations.
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

I'm supprised Boris hasn't suggested putting xmas off till the summer its only Jesus's birthday - surely it ain't no big thing.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

IATthenRIAT wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020, 10:12 pm
I'm supprised Boris hasn't suggested putting xmas off till the summer its only Jesus's birthday - surely it ain't no big thing.
Do you remember back to the beginning with the level system where “1” was the country being clear of virus? I wonder if there will be lots of parties or just a collective sigh of relief and the realisation that it’s now got to be paid for when that is finally announced.

CJS

Post by CJS »

More info here if anyone's even remotely interested...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55017002
With just the slightest bit of finesse, I might have made a little less mess.

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

And do not forget the Boogeyman

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

CJS wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020, 9:04 pm
More info here if anyone's even remotely interested...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55017002

I see my favorite person in the whole wide world is quoted on that link. :rofl: Well Justin Trudeau was also quoted this week on a COVID speech saying "we need to adjust our programming" and very quickly moved on to another part of his speech. I'm not a conspiracy person by any means. I know COVID is real and I do wear masks and all... But Trudeau does let a lot of words/lines slip when he gets caught off guard.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

Ken Shabby wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020, 7:32 pm
iainpeden wrote:
Pen Pusher wrote:
depends if you class him as a "household". i'd consider him a key worker in the same way a virgin technician or gas man is, so as long as you are 2m away, or better off in another room then his presence should not fall foul of regulations

starbuck

Post by starbuck »

rockfordstone wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020, 9:19 am
depends if you class him as a "household". i'd consider him a key worker in the same way a virgin technician or gas man is, so as long as you are 2m away, or better off in another room then his presence should not fall foul of regulations
If everyone adheres to the 2m rule that poor virgin technician is going to stay a virgin technician for quite some time!