HDEW Cameras

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

HDEW Cameras

Post by Blackbird »

I've read positive reviews about HDEW on the forum but these were from a few years back. Has anyone used them recently, and if so what is your experience?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Andy

Berf

Re: HDEW Cameras

Post by Berf »

Have not used them but from the website seems to be the usual sort of grey importers- sort of a broker really. Cheaper but you are not actually buying from them and you don't get manufacturers guarantees on products. Risk v cost it's all up to you!

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Thanks Berf - I'm mulling it over.

RS2

Post by RS2 »

Used them quite a lot over the years, most recent purchase was in November. Very good service everytime. I havent picked up, always had stuff posted out, but liked the idea that you could pick up if you wanted to, unlike a lot of other companies offering what I guess are 'grey imports'.

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

I’ve bought 2 canon bodies through them, and a 24-105L lens, and never had an issue with them.

Communication has always been good, and delivery was spot on.

Never had any problems with the kit, so can’t comment on the after sales support, but if it is anything like the pre-sales and sales then I would imagine it to be good.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Thanks for the replies chaps. I did phone them last week but they were a bit vague about delivery because of the Chinese New Year and (my fault) I forgot to ask about import duties as distinct from VAT. In the end I bottled it and bought an almost new example from Wex who were very good.

Andy