Pompei

Photos that are not aviation related
AndyXH558

Pompei

Post by AndyXH558 »

Went to Naples last year for a week. and one thing i learned was, dont drive in Naples. Seriously i have never been so scared in my life. One trip we went to Pompei, what a eirie place it was. hope you like the pics.

Image580A0673 by andrew abbott, on Flickr

Image580A0662 by andrew abbott, on Flickr

appologies for this one.
Image580A0642 by andrew abbott, on Flickr
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

Mike

Re: Pompei

Post by Mike »

We were told the same about not driving in Naples when we visited in March. However that didn't seem to bother my wife, who was quite happy hurtling around the streets in our rented smart forfour. But then again, she generally drives like an Italian at the best of times! :shock:

It was when she started overtaking the Italians going up and down the mountain roads between Amalfi and Naples that I decided the best course of action was to just keep my eyes shut.

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Ah I see your wife kind of aims the car and not drives it. As for roads it was bad enough driving to Sorrento. Julie pleaded with me to take the car back, put it this way, i didnt say no and if you can remember that scene in Highlander where kurgan drives at people and at cars, Thats what the taxi drivers were like too. On the way back to the airport to take it back we ended up in the mother of all storms. Even the Italians puled over on the Autostrada. After that we got the ferry everywhere, a lot easier and Amalfi is absolutely beautiful.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Amalfi was great, we stayed in Ravello, a couple of kilometres up the mountain behind it.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

We went to Pompei a few years ago, amazing place, but then so is most of the rest of Italy, especially Florence.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

We're off to Florence next week. Really looking forward to it. We're staying in montecatini

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

I'm envious, Florence is probably my favourite place in the world! Last time I was there I climbed to the top of the detached bell tower of the Duomo, and when I came out an American asked me if it had an elevator!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP