Too Early For Short Eared Owls :(

Photos that are not aviation related
dconnery1966

Too Early For Short Eared Owls :(

Post by dconnery1966 »

Last edited by dconnery1966 on Sat 14 Sep 2019, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

County1884

Re: Too Early For Short Eared Owls :(

Post by County1884 »

Very nice, thanks for sharing Dougie :smile:

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Loving that stonechat, Dougie!

Head east for shorties, the Dunbar lot have stayed put all through the summer and are still here.

Presumably something to do with the field-vole population as that seems to be their main diet.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

dconnery1966

Post by dconnery1966 »

County1884 wrote:Very nice, thanks for sharing Dougie :smile:

Thanks mate :up:
neville wrote:Some very nice shots there, never thought of using the Canon 100-400 for close up work...

Thanks Neville yeah forgot my macro lens, but it worked out okay with the zoom lens with a couple of minor adjustments :up:
Skyflash wrote:Loving that stonechat, Dougie!

Head east for shorties, the Dunbar lot have stayed put all through the summer and are still here.

Presumably something to do with the field-vole population as that seems to be their main diet.

Thanks mate, yeah we thought the shorties might have stayed this summer but never happened unfortunately, my mate has
been to musselburgh for the shorties but i dont know if they had stayed during the summer ive no idea?

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

We get painted ladies in the garden most years. They are beautiful, and they have an amazing life cycle. And I quite often see stonechat's on the gorse like that near here.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

dconnery1966

Post by dconnery1966 »

AlexC wrote:We get painted ladies in the garden most years. They are beautiful, and they have an amazing life cycle. And I quite often see stonechat's on the gorse like that near here.

Totally agree Alex :up: