Blackbushe 80th anniversary event 2022

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
farnboroughrob

Blackbushe 80th anniversary event 2022

Post by farnboroughrob »

This is going to be a small local event run by enthuiasts one 11th June. We have targeted in particullar intesersting aircraft that were previously based at the airport. So far we have has positive responces from the owners of a Miles Messenger, Tigermoth,Austers, and more, and it is very early days. Hoping for around 20 aircraft on static display and up to 50 in the fly-in. I will be organizing an exhibition on the airports history, and what ever else I get roped into. More details to come after Christmas. If your local voulenteers are very welcome.

the official blurb is.....
The day will include a small static display, fun & games for all ages and music entertainment. The newly refurbished Pathfinder Café will be hosting a BBQ on the patio.
There will also be a raffle to benefit our home-based charity, Aerobility. All aircraft visiting for the Fly-In will be benefit from a free landing fee.

farnboroughrob

Re: Blackbushe 80th anniversary event 2022

Post by farnboroughrob »

As promised there is now more infor on this event on the airport website. https://www.blackbusheairport.co.uk/80t ... QlB2DioJoM

Invites have been sent out to all the clubs like VAC, DHC etc and there has been a good responce with over 20 PPR requests on this weekend alone. Full details will be posted when I can but expect a good selection of light vintage types, a few warbirds (including a rare one) and a couple of heavier types. Might even have some, or all of Vickers Viking G-AGRW over by then if funds are raised?

Also need voulenteers, PM me if interested.

f4phixeruk

Post by f4phixeruk »

Surprised that theres no mention of the character that was Doug Arnold in the history on the website. Remember when Bob Ackerman was using Blackbushe for his parachute school, one of the students broke his leg on landing. Doug came tearing over to the gravel DZ in the fire engine, screaminig about the length of time we were taking to clear off :-)
If you eat high calorie foods with a Diet Coke, the drink cancels the calories out!

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

f4phixeruk wrote:
Thu 17 Feb 2022, 4:24 pm
Surprised that theres no mention of the character that was Doug Arnold in the history on the website. Remember when Bob Ackerman was using Blackbushe for his parachute school, one of the students broke his leg on landing. Doug came tearing over to the gravel DZ in the fire engine, screaminig about the length of time we were taking to clear off :-)
Hi I didn't write the site but DA was certianlly a' charater'. I am writing a book on the airport the at includes that era and its a challenge. DA doesn't appear in any public records such and birth and death, can't find his WW2 history, and enigma. I was too young to have had anything to do with him just that he was somebody you steared clear of as a spotter.

Anyway the 80th is progressing well and static aircraft are being 'dribbled out' on Facebook, first official anouncement is Messenger G-AKBO.

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

farnboroughrob wrote:
Fri 25 Feb 2022, 5:52 pm
f4phixeruk wrote:
Thu 17 Feb 2022, 4:24 pm
Hi I didn't write the site but DA was certianlly a' charater'. I am writing a book on the airport the at includes that era and its a challenge. DA doesn't appear in any public records such and birth and death, can't find his WW2 history, and enigma. I was too young to have had anything to do with him just that he was somebody you steared clear of as a spotter.

Anyway the 80th is progressing well and static aircraft are being 'dribbled out' on Facebook, first official anouncement is Messenger G-AKBO.
When DA first acquired his array of ex-Indian Air Force Spitfires he used unskilled volunteers to clean them out and then do some of the dismantling (if you want a Rolls-Royce Griffon out of a Spit with the aid of a car toolset, a forklift and a bit of rope I'm your man.) I was one of those volunteers, cycling up from Farnborough each weekend.

Removing hundredweights of red laterite earth from fuselages, hoping not to encounter spiders or cobras was interesting to say the least. An additional risk was a poke in the gentleman's area from the muzzle of DA's dopey Dobermann Jumble - huge but harmless apart from his over-boisterous requests for attention. I remember all the engines had large square holes in them clearly done deliberately with pickaxes, and we believed at the time it had been done by resentful IAF personnel angry at losing their gate guards/heritage.

Before all that went on Mr Arnold had been the owner of a Spitfire XVI, SL721 which he used to grumble he should never have got rid of, it was so good. I think it's back in Europe now after years in the USA. I suppose there's no hope of getting it to the fly-in?

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Some updates on the event..
ofically revealed
G-VDOG Cessna O-1
G-AKBO Messenger
G-APAM DH82

Some of these aircraft will be on static display from 11am -5pm. The rest will be part of the fly-in and not open to close inspection but can easily be seen when under power..
Last edited by farnboroughrob on Wed 09 Mar 2022, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Couple to add is Harvards G-TSIX confirmed and G-TEXN a probable. Vintage aircraft club members have come up trumps, hopefully including one of the largest Miles gatherings for some time outside OW. Also have a couple of vintage twins lined up, one doing pleasure flights, but can so no more at the moment.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I will just keep this as a running page for those who are interested.
This is static display only, there will be no flying display
F-AZIM Yak 3 (now based)
G-AERV Miles M11
G-AHAG DH Rapide pleasure flights
G-AKBO Messenger
G-AKHP Gemini
G-AKKB Gemini
G-APAM DH82
G-BKOU Jet Provost
G-TEXN T-6
G-TSIX T-6
G-VDOG Cessna O-1
G-VROE Anson

There are about 70 aircraft confirmed but not revealed by der management. These include many de Havilland and Miles types, Yaks, Bulldogs, Cubs, vintage gliders, and lots of modern types. There will also be vintage pleasure flights. https://www.blackbusheairport.co.uk/80th

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Official list, I think there is more unconfirmed.

Static aircraft
F-AZIM Yak-3
G-ACMA DH85 Leopard Moth
G-AERV Miles Whitney Straight
G-AFYO Stinson HW-75
G-AFZL Porterfield CP50 Collegiate
G-AKBO Miles M38 Messenger 2A
G-AKHP Miles M65 Gemini 1A
G-AKKB Miles M65 Gemini 1A
G-AKPF Miles M14A Hawk Trainer 3
G-ANXR Proctor 4
G-APAL DH82A Tiger Moth
G-APMX DH82A Tiger Moth
G-ASZR Fairtravel Linnet 2
G-ATMC Cessna F150F
G-AZSC AT-16 Harvard IIB
G-BBND DHC-1 Chipmunk 22
G-BHXA Bulldog Series 120 Model 1210
G-BPUL Piper PA-18A-135 Super Cub
G-BVNU FLS Sprint Club
G-BWGF Jet Provost T MK5A
G-CBID Bulldog Series 120 Model 121
G-CJSA Nanchang CJ-6A
G-CMGU Grob 109 "Able"
G-DENS Binder Aviatik Smaragd CP301S
G-DIYA Sling 4 TSI
G-ECUB PIPER PA-18 Super Cub
G-ESSL Cessna 182R Skylane Amphibian
G-HAHU YAK-18T
G-JBIB Diamond DA62
G-JEOL Slingsby T67C Firefly
G-KDOG Bulldog Series 120 Model 121
G-LKAM Sonaca S200
G-LKSM Sonaca S200
G-MLXP Europa
G-RECW PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II
G-SBSB Diamond DA40 NG
G-TEXN Texan T-6G
G-VNAM Cessna Bird Dog 305A
G-VOOM Pitts Special S-1S
G-VROE Avro 652A Anson T21
G-YAKH YAK-52
G-YAKX YAK-52

Flyin aircraft

G-AHAG DH89A Dragon Rapide
G-AKIU Percival Proctor 5
G-AMUF DHC-1 Chipmunk 21
G-ANEH DH82A Tiger Moth
G-AOFE DHC-1 Chipmunk 22A
G-AOJK DH82A Tiger Moth
G-ARKK Piper PA-22-108 Colt
G-ARMC DHC-1 Chipmunk 22A
G-ARUG Auster J5G
G-ARWB DHC-1 Chipmunk 22A
G-ATOI Piper PA-28-140
G-ATKX Jodel D140C Mousquetaire
G-AXSZ Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee
G-AYPM Piper L18C Super Cub
G-AYPO Piper L18C Super Cub
G-AZCZ Beagle B121 Series 2 Pup
G-BAFX Robin DR400/140 Major
G-BASN Beech C23 Sundowner 180
G-BCVB Piper PA-17 Vagabond
G-BDVB Piper PA-17 Vagabond
G-BFUB Piper PA-32RT-300 Cherokee Lance II
G-BIBA Sonata TB9 Tampico
G-BJWZ Piper L18C Super Cub
G-BMSA Stinson HW075
G-BPPZ Taylorcraft BC12D Twosome
G-BRDJ Luscombe 8F Silvaire
G-BTII Gulfstream AA-5B Tiger
G-BZRV Vans RV-6
G-CDTA EV-97 Eurostar
G-CERD DHC-1 Chipmunk 22
G-CEVS EV-97 Eurostar
G-CEYM Vans RV-6
G-CFKB CZAW Sportcruiser
G-CLUI Bristell NG5 Speed Wing
G-DADZ CZAW Sportcruiser
G-DAZZ Vans RV-8
G-GGRR Bulldog Series 120 Model 121
G-JEDH Robin DR400/180 Regent
G-JUFS Socata TB9 Tampico
G-RODW Eurofox 2K

Great turnout for a small team, let's hope the weather is good!!

Rob

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

A further update- we have gained the NHS Spitfire G-PRXI, with another one possible. Hurricane still a possible. Messenger G-AKBO has been sadly lost due engine issues. There are also a number of German Fuji FA200's coming to celebrate the types 50th year with the based example. Over 100 aircraft have slots weather and serviceability etc permitting. https://www.blackbusheairport.co.uk/80th

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Final list for this on June 11th, remember it is all ticket, or you can be a cheapskate and view from the common! The German Fuji’s and a couple of others will be arriving on Friday. There will also be some vintage gliders from Lasham.

I will be at the 'history hub' in the middle of the stall area next to the Blackbushe Heritage Trust stall, come and say hello.

Static aircraft, will be in the public area west of the carpark and further than the green hangars. All have to arrive by 10:30 on Saturday and are subject to weather etc
D-EHAW Fuji FA-200 Aero Subaru
D-EPLR Fuji FA-200 Aero Subaru
D-EZMS Fuji FA-200 Aero Subaru
F-AZIM Yak-3 (subject to it coming back from Lee where it has mag issues)
G-ACMA DH85 Leopard Moth
G-AERV Miles Whitney Straight
G-AFYO Stinson HW-75
G-AFZL Porterfield CP50 Collegiate
G-AJAM Auster 5J2
G-AKHP Miles M65 Gemini 1A
G-AKKB Miles M65 Gemini 1A
G-AKPF Miles M14A Hawk Trainer 3
G-ANXR Percival Proctor 4
G-APAL DH82A Tiger Moth
G-APMX DH82A Tiger Moth
G-ASSS Cessna 172E Skyhawk
G-ASZR Fairtravel Linnet 2
G-ATMC Cessna F150F
G-AWFZ Beech 19A Musketeer Sport III
G-AZSC AT-16 Harvard IIB
G-BBND DHC-1 Chipmunk 22
G-BBRC Fuji FA-200 Aero Subaru
G-BHXA Bulldog Series 120 Model 1210
G-BPUL Piper PA-18A-135 Super Cub
G-BVNU FLS Sprint Club
G-BWGF Jet Provost T MK5A
G-CBBC Bulldog Series 120 Model 121
G-CBID Bulldog Series 120 Model 121
G-CJSA Nanchang CJ-6A
G-CMGU Grob 109 "Able"
G-DAZZ Vans RV-8
G-DENS Binder Aviatik Smaragd CP301S
G-DIYA Sling 4 TSI
G-ECUB Piper PA-18 Super Cub
G-ESSL Cessna 182R Skylane Amphibian
G-HAHU YAK-18T
G-JBIB Diamond DA62
G-JEOL Slingsby T67C Firefly
G-KDOG Bulldog Series 120 Model 121
G-LKAM Sonaca S200
G-LKSM Sonaca S200
G-MARL Calidus Gyrocopter
G-MLXP Europa
G-PRXI Vickers Spitfire MK PR.XI
G-RECW PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II
G-SBSB Diamond DA40 NG
G-VNAM Cessna Bird Dog 305A
G-VOOM Pitts Special S-1S
G-VROE Avro 652A Anson T21
G-VZED Magni M16C Tandem Trainer Gyroplane
G-YAKH AK-52
G-YAKI YAK-52
G-YAKX YAK-52
N74DC Pitts S-21 Special

Fly-in visitors, will be parked in front of the café, all residents will be moved onto runway 01.
G-AHAG DH89A Dragon Rapide pleasure flights
G-AKIU Percival Proctor 5
G-AMUF DHC-1 Chipmunk 21
G-ANEH DH82A Tiger Moth
G-AOFE DHC-1 Chipmunk 22A
G-AOJK DH82A Tiger Moth
G-ARKK Piper PA-22-108 Colt
G-ARMC DHC-1 Chipmunk 22A
G-ARUG Auster J5G
G-ARNP Beagle Airedale
G-ARWB DHC-1 Chipmunk 22A
G-ATOI Piper PA-28-140
G-ATKX Jodel D140C Mousquetaire
G-AXCG Jodel D117
G-AXSZ Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee
G-AYPM Piper L18C Super Cub
G-AZCZ Beagle B121 Series 2 Pup
G-BAFX Robin DR400/140 Major
G-BASN Beech C23 Sundowner 180
G-BCVB Piper PA-17 Vagabond
G-BDFR Fuji FA-200 Aero Subaru
G-BDVB Piper PA-17 Vagabond
G-BEMW Piper PA28 Cherokee Archer II
G-BFEH Jodel D117A
G-BFUB Piper PA-32RT-300 Cherokee Lance II
G-BIBA Sonata TB9 Tampico
G-BJWZ Piper L18C Super Cub
G-BMSA Stinson HW075
G-BNXM Piper L21B
G-BPPZ Taylorcraft BC12D Twosome
G-BPUR Piper J3
G-BRDJ Luscombe 8F Silvaire
G-BSOG Cessna 172 Skyhawk
G-BTII Gulfstream AA-5B Tiger
G-BUTH CEA DR220
G-BZRV Vans RV-6
G-CDTA EV-97 Eurostar
G-CERD DHC-1 Chipmunk 22
G-CEVS EV-97 Eurostar
G-CEYM Vans RV-6
G-CFKB CZAW Sportcruiser
G-CFKZ Europa XS
G-CLUI Bristell NG5 Speed Wing
G-DADZ CZAW Sportcruiser
G-FOXD Kitfox Mk2
G-GGRR Bulldog Series 120 Model 121
G-JEDH Robin DR400/180 Regent
G-JUFS Socata TB9 Tampico
G-MAXG Pitts S-1S
G-RDCO 2004 Jabiru J430
G-RODW Eurofox 2K

Rob

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

Looks like I am going to be one of those cheapskates viewing from the common.

Just back from France and tickets for the fly-in sold out over the last few hours. Too bad leaving this one to the last moment.

The Pathfinder Cafe is well worth a visit for excellent food. I always go there and have breakfast before driving onwards to an Old Warden or Duxford Air Show. I suspect it will be rather busy on the 11th.

Hope everyone has great day. Weather looking good so far.

Martin Eames

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Shame about that Martin but you will have a good view. Static arrivals from 9 until 10:30 then fly-in arrivals until probably 2ish, then lots of departures until around 6. Sould be on runway 25 and they will all come your way.

Today we gained the Shipping and Airlines collection of
G-AEDU DH90, ABNT Cililian Coupe, AHBL Hornet Moth, AKVZ messenger, BBLH Cub, and BXHA DHC1. We have lost the odd one too. The Yak 3 has magneto issues at Lee, currently unsure if it will make it back for Saturday? There will probably be about 6-7 arrivals on Friday. Will try and get more info after our meeting tomorrow.

AMB

Post by AMB »

Not sure why it's an advance ticket event only, just for a Fly-In? Is there a capacity issue? I can understand advanced ticket-events where there is a cost involved for air show participants etc, but not for a Fly-in that is just weather dependant.
Adrian

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

AMB wrote:
Mon 06 Jun 2022, 7:13 pm
Not sure why it's an advance ticket event only, just for a Fly-In? Is there a capacity issue? I can understand advanced ticket-events where there is a cost involved for air show participants etc, but not for a Fly-in that is just weather dependant.
Main capacity issue is a lack of car parking at the airport probably only 700 cars, and local council insist on a capacity of 3000. It is either have restricted numbers or use the north side and shuttle busses which costs money. Several aircraft have been paid for, either directly or in fuel, plus there is insurance, loos etc, we might break even?

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

farnboroughrob wrote:
Mon 06 Jun 2022, 6:41 pm
Shame about that Martin but you will have a good view. Static arrivals from 9 until 10:30 then fly-in arrivals until probably 2ish, then lots of departures until around 6. Sould be on runway 25 and they will all come your way.
Thank you for the info. I am looking forward to the day.

Martin Eames

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

A bit biased but it was a really well organised event, had a real family feel airshow to it without it being an airshow.

A nice variety of aircraft on the deck and some very lovely weather to compliment it too, i might have cause the sun on my big bald head... :D

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq »

I have to echo the above comment, great event, from an aircraft point of view and also the organisational side too. Had the air of a village fete feel to it and the organisers should be proud of that. Was also well attended by the public at large and not just the aviation community. To the poster that commented about it being ticketed for 'just a fly in' well it wasn't just a fly in, it was very much a community event with a celebratory aviation theme