Monday P&V, three questions

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
stu_h
UKAR Supporter

Monday P&V, three questions

Post by stu_h »

Having never attended departures before, can anyone answer a few quick questions please.

Does Monday P&V work on the same traffic flow basis as the weekend? I.e, if I arrive in West, do I have to wait until midday to be able to get back out of the car park?
With a 3hr journey up north, if the heat gets too much I'd want to get on the road.

As I'm not going to be using the camera, I'm thinking west is likely more relaxed (assuming usual ops)?

What's the best time to get there if I'm not bothered (aka too much middle-aged spread to sprint/walk quickly 😂) for a front-row view?

Thanks in advance. Time to sit back and bake for 8 hrs.

farnboroughrob

Re: Monday P&V, three questions

Post by farnboroughrob »

No no there is little traffic control, leave where you want, you can move between the enlosuers anyway. Things normally start after 8, most done by 1 apart from some stragglers.

Del

Post by Del »

This will be my first departures as well, although I've done several arrivals days. 2 questions from me .. do they produce a schedule sheet like they do for arrivals, and does anything get to do a circuit/flypast after take off, or do they all just disappear ?

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Del wrote:
Sun 17 Jul 2022, 10:49 am
This will be my first departures as well, although I've done several arrivals days. 2 questions from me .. do they produce a schedule sheet like they do for arrivals, and does anything get to do a circuit/flypast after take off, or do they all just disappear ?
Yes to the sheet, occasional flypast but generally no.
Rob

Del

Post by Del »

Great, thanks for the reply.

paulb1973

Post by paulb1973 »

Departures could go on well into the afternoon in years gone by - but these days, the airfield is quiet by 1300 to 1330. For those on P&V East it can be a noisy and hot experience watching at close quarters, even when the weather isn't this extreme.

stu_h
UKAR Supporter

Post by stu_h »

farnboroughrob wrote:
Sun 17 Jul 2022, 8:30 am
No no there is little traffic control, leave where you want, you can move between the enlosuers anyway. Things normally start after 8, most done by 1 apart from some stragglers.
Many thanks Rob.