Brevet Cable

Pentax FF D-SLR at last

Post by Brevet Cable »

Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Pen Pusher

Re: Pentax FF D-SLR at last

Post by Pen Pusher »

36mp Sony made sensor as used in their A7r and also by Nikon in their FF cameras. :clap: :clap:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Yep.....nothing new in that , given their use of the Sony APS-C sensor in previous models.
Just a shame that Pentax don't also adopt the SLT viewfinder as well.
Be interesting to see a comparison between the K-1 and the A7r
아직도 숨어있다

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

One thing the Pentax has that Sony users are shouting out for is Pixel Shift Resolution.

(Pixel Shift Resolution captures multiple images and combines them to create a single shot with higher resolution)

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Given that the last D-SLR I purchased was a K-5 & my only experience with a Sony D-SLR is a friend's A77.....
I see in the specs for the K-1 that you can use an APS-C lens on it & it'll automatically adjust itself to suit ( albeit it'll only be 15mp in APS-C mode ).......does any of the other manufacturers' FF kit do this ?
아직도 숨어있다

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Sony - Can use FF lens on APS-C camera and APS-C lens on full frame but with sensor crop. This function can be turned on in the Menu so when you attach the APS-C lens to a Full Frame camera it automatically compensates for the lens without you having to do anything else.

The new Pentax also has an Astrotracer system that uses the sensor’s movement, via built in GPS, to cancel-out the effect of the Earth’s rotation when taking images of stars.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Pen Pusher wrote:Sony - Can use FF lens on APS-C camera and APS-C lens on full frame but with sensor crop. This function can be turned on in the Menu so when you attach the APS-C lens to a Full Frame camera it automatically compensates for the lens without you having to do anything else.

So Pentax didn't just use the sensor from Sony , they've incorporated some other features as well , then.

Astrotracer.....think they've fitted this ( or something similar ) to some earlier models.
아직도 숨어있다

Heidfirst

Post by Heidfirst »

Pen Pusher wrote:One thing the Pentax has that Sony users are shouting out for is Pixel Shift Resolution.

are they (e.g. I am not)? A small % maybe but certainly not the majority.

Brevet Cable wrote:I see in the specs for the K-1 that you can use an APS-C lens on it & it'll automatically adjust itself to suit ( albeit it'll only be 15mp in APS-C mode ).......does any of the other manufacturers' FF kit do this ?

Nikon started it off, Sony followed & now Pentax. It is only Canon that doesn't because they have different mounts for FF (EF) & APS-C (EF-S).

I think that Pentax will toil as they have very few FF lenses left in their portfolio ( albeit they now have a couple of clones of new Tamron designs at higher prices) & probably fewer that can use 36Mp to the max.. They will sell a few to the faithful but I don't see too many switching to it from other systems.

& from an aviation pov it's only 4.4 fps, not a large buffer & Pentax's AF has usually lagged behind Sony's let alone Canon's & Nikon's.