How to post photos here from the Flickr App on your mobile

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
Tommy
UKAR Staff

How to post photos here from the Flickr App on your mobile

Post by Tommy »

Flickr, for reasons only known to them, in their wisdom has decided to make it impossible to get the bbcode (which is used to post images on forums such as these) on their app, which makes it an absolute ballache to post photos whilst on your phone, as you have to be at your laptop to be able to do it.

Whilst it's an imperfect system, someone clearly had the same problem and has made a very simple toolkit for enabling the bbcode to be obtained from photos using the Flickr app.

In short, a summary below:
  • Open image in the Flickr App
  • click the arrow to denote the "share feature"
  • tap "copy URL"
  • open https://tools.sportscard.trade/ on your mobile internet browser
  • press "Menu"
  • press "Flickr"
  • paste the URL you copied from the Flickr app
  • BBCode is generated
  • copy the BBCode and paste it to the forum as you would when creating any normal image post/thread
  • tea
  • medals
The source of this information is here (and full credit to that person, and there's a handy Youtube video (on Android, but I've just tested it and it works on iOS too) embedded below, again, credit to that person:

I know some other methods are available, and as I say, this isn't perfect, it's pretty simple & easy for what it is. I know I've been searching for a way to do it for some time now, so this is pretty helpful to me. Hopefully this is of some value to others, too.

cg_341

Re: How to post photos here from the Flickr App on your mobi

Post by cg_341 »

BBCode hasn't been on the Android app since they redesigned it early last year.

ErrolC

Re: How to post photos here from the Flickr App on your mobi

Post by ErrolC »

Thanks for sharing that - I will probably use it at Wanaka in a couple of months. Beats posting a link to a photo (or my 'at show' album) from the stand.