Canon 7D Kit Valuation - Opinions

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
austinp

Canon 7D Kit Valuation - Opinions

Post by austinp »

Hi all.

After upgrading some of my kit, I'm after selling some of my older gear. This gear consists of:-

Canon 7D with 58k shutter releases;
Original Canon BG-E7 camera grip;
Two original Canon LP-E6 batteries;
Canon EF-S 18-55 lens (with image stabilizer);
Tamron AF 55-200mm F/4-5.6 LD Macro lens with lens hood;
Three SanDisk Extreme III compactflash cards - 2 x 4GB and one x 8GB.

With exception of the 18-55 lens, all original boxes are supplied with relevant extras (user guides, leads, etc.). The camera grip comes complete with the AA battery magazine. From day one, the 7D had screen protectors installed.

I look after all of my gear, so everything is in very good condition. Some very minor scratches may be present, but nothing huge.

Question - how much would folks value this kit at? I've listed it on EBay for £460, but is that too much?

Thanks in advance.

Stagger2

Re: Canon 7D Kit Valuation - Opinions

Post by Stagger2 »

Take a quick look at what you have that is offered elsewhere, to find your answer. To start you off, I can buy the body (similar spec') with BG-E7 today for £250. Batteries, small capacity cards are sale-incentives of no real value. The 18-55 lens is widely available from around £50. Is the Tamron lens a £160 item? You can probably see where this is going by now? HTH. :wink:

austinp

Post by austinp »

Stagger2 wrote:Take a quick look at what you have that is offered elsewhere, to find your answer. To start you off, I can buy the body (similar spec') with BG-E7 today for £250. Batteries, small capacity cards are sale-incentives of no real value. The 18-55 lens is widely available from around £50. Is the Tamron lens a £160 item? You can probably see where this is going by now? HTH. :wink:

Yup, the Tamron would retail new around £160.

I was over optimistic I guess, I'll get it reduced. Cheers.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Have you asked for a quote from MPB to buy the equipment off you?

They pay good prices and providing you are honest about each items condition they honour the quote too.

As a guide they are currently selling...

Good condition 7D with c.22,000 shutter count £284
Good condition 7D with c.68,000 shutter count £234
Excellent Condition BG-E7 £34
EF-S 18-55 IS depending on version £29 to £44
They don’t have a Tamron 55-200 for sale but Park Cameras have a second hand one for £39

So, in summary, I’d suggest you’re asking around £100 to £150 too much for the kit all in as a private sale. Second hand SD cards are virtually worthless.

Andy