In the "Kris Kris Tofferson!" Flickr?

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Re: In the "Kris Kris Tofferson!" Flickr?

Post by Blackbird »

FWIW I’m sticking with Flickr when my renewal comes through at the end of the year.

Andy

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

I use Instagram more than Flickr, but Flickr still a better option for posting to forums.

Instagram is actually quite a nice form of social media - I haven’t seen any of the arguing or sniping that goes on on Twitter.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 10:39 am
I use Instagram more than Flickr, but Flickr still a better option for posting to forums.

Instagram is actually quite a nice form of social media - I haven’t seen any of the arguing or sniping that goes on on Twitter.
Of the “big” platforms to host and discuss aviation, the Instagram community is a really really lovely one, and quite broad, too. I find it superior to some of the occasional snippyness (but otherwise an ok place) that is Twitter, and it’s leagues ahead of the cesspit that is Facebook.

Personally, I only use Flickr to host images for forums like this one.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

now im closing my website i am mostly on instagram and must agree with Tommy, the community of like-minded aviation guys and gals is a lovely and supportive one (in fact i talk to Tommy fairly regular on there). that said, i still think flickr is a good hosting space for the money, i just wish there was more that could be done with it for that fee

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

I find that I am getting a lot of requests for use of my images through Flickr, so will definitely keep renewing it. Mainly use it to host pics to put to other forums, but am also now on Instagram which is a very nice place to be (so far).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

rockfordstone wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020, 11:31 am
now im closing my website i am mostly on instagram and must agree with Tommy, the community of like-minded aviation guys and gals is a lovely and supportive one (in fact i talk to Tommy fairly regular on there). that said, i still think flickr is a good hosting space for the money, i just wish there was more that could be done with it for that fee
as an update to his, i have made the decision to cancel my flickr pro account, my intention is to delete my account completely.

i haven't used it this year and get vastly more interest on instagram so i can't justify keeping it up to date anymore