Video recording lengths

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
frank

Video recording lengths

Post by frank »

My wife has asked me to video something with a length of 60 minutes.
The equipment I have are iPad or my camera (canon 7D) with 32GB cards. I can foresee a problem with the length of video wondered if there are any tips or ideas to do it in one go.
The quality of video doesn’t have to be great so maybe something can be adjusted here.
Also can I connect my camera directly into the back of a video recorder - is that a possibility
Or just thought can I record straight into my pc from the camera

As you can see I am a bit clueless on this
Many thanks for any help

phreakf4

Re: Video recording lengths

Post by phreakf4 »

I don't use Canon so can not say whether a 32Gb card would be sufficient for 60 minutes of video, though I do use (amongst others) a Sony camcorder which records to Compact Flash and a Panasonic which records to SDHC, both of which allow over 2 hours on a 32 Gb card.

I would imagine that the much greater problems in recording such a long video on a DSLR would be that the camera tends to run hotter the longer the recording and whether the battery would last that long, suggesting that perhaps an AC adapter might be required.

Recording direct to a VHS, DVD recorder, PC or even an external hard drive is certainly possible but would depend on whether the appropriate connecting cables/software were available.

A good look at the camera manual might be helpful.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

frank

Re: Video recording lengths

Post by frank »

Ok we can stand down now Chaps.
Project abandoned due to something else being more interesting apparently. :lol: