Canon 300mm L 2.8 IS Lens ***SOLD***

Post your classified adverts (aviation related or otherwise)
Aquila

Canon 300mm L 2.8 IS Lens ***SOLD***

Post by Aquila »

Back on the market! A local camera shop has made a cheeky (although not totally unacceptable) trade in price on my 300mm 2.8, which really has become a bit of an ornament on the shelf. Optically perfect with slight marking on the tripod mount and some aviation stickers on the hood. Comes complete with brand new flight case.
So, for a very quick sale I'm looking for £2,200.00 cash only. This will include personal delivery (as far north as Manchester maybe?) so that buyer can examine/try the lens.
Come the end of April I'll accept the offer from the camera shop, so "get it while you can"!

Cheers

Pedro
Last edited by Aquila on Sat 25 Mar 2017, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

reheat module

Re: Canon 300mm L 2.8 IS Lens

Post by reheat module »

Pedro, tell us the price you were offered by the shop, then someone 'may' offer £50 above the price. That way it'll cover your petrol and you'll be happy in the knowledge that an aviation enthusiast has given it a good home...
Canon systems

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

I was going to ask for some more detail on this, due to having a idea what each model is worth.
a)Is it an EF-300 / 2.8 at £1200 - £1600 subject to condition & accessories?...........in which case you're asking too much!
b)Is it an EF-300 / 2.8 'IS' at £2100 - £2700 subject to condition & accessories?......in which case you're asking in the lower-end of the ball-park!
Or.....
c)Is it an EF-300 / 2.8 'IS II' at £3400 - £4300 subject to condition & accessories?...in which case you're asking too little & it's Bargain of the Year.

Then I found your "withdrawn" posting of Sun 26 Jun 2016 stating it's an 'IS' model. IMO you cannot hope to realise the true value of this lens if you don't "Sell it"?
If it has a Hood, Aluminium Flight Case, 2?? - owners from new, light amateur use, no accidents & you have any reason for selling-it, then state that!
As a minimum you should have restated the model type in this listing &.... naturally a nod to the overall condition is essential. :wink: Add pictures of the article to attract interest?
I have garden-spades in better condition than some of the second-hand lens advertised. One I saw today had more damage & scratches than you'd get after throwing yourself in a lion cage :shock:

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Stagger2 wrote:I was going to ask for some more detail on this, due to having a idea what each model is worth.
a)Is it an EF-300 / 2.8 at £1200 - £1600 subject to condition & accessories?...........in which case you're asking too much!
b)Is it an EF-300 / 2.8 'IS' at £2100 - £2700 subject to condition & accessories?......in which case you're asking in the lower-end of the ball-park!
Or.....
c)Is it an EF-300 / 2.8 'IS II' at £3400 - £4300 subject to condition & accessories?...in which case you're asking too little & it's Bargain of the Year.

Then I found your "withdrawn" posting of Sun 26 Jun 2016 stating it's an 'IS' model. IMO you cannot hope to realise the true value of this lens if you don't "Sell it"?
If it has a Hood, Aluminium Flight Case, 2?? - owners from new, light amateur use, no accidents & you have any reason for selling-it, then state that!
As a minimum you should have restated the model type in this listing &.... naturally a nod to the overall condition is essential. :wink: Add pictures of the article to attract interest?
I have garden-spades in better condition than some of the second-hand lens advertised. One I saw today had more damage & scratches than you'd get after throwing yourself in a lion cage :shock:

Did you not read my advert or it's title???